Thread: Wc3

Wc3

I've been playing wow for a while now, but I never played any of the warcraft series. So today I bought Reign of Chaos, but I'm having an issue. This may sound stupid, but I can't advance past the orc mission where you rescue Grom. I can complete it just fine, but when we board the ships, it goes back to the menu and my only options are to redo the only 2 quests I've done. When I should be headed to Kalimdor.

After those 2 mission you should be able to begin the human campaing. You will rejoin Thrall and his friends later.

If i remember well... that's when you should start the human campaign? Then the orcs' resumes later on.

Deleted
    It's been a while since I played, but it should have opened up the Human Campaign after you complete those few Orc quests.

Deleted
    orc precursor > human > undead > orc > nelf

long story short you should be able to start the human campaign by now.

quick slightly off topic question, but is WC3 fun to play still? atleast just for the lore part of it? how is the controls for todays standards etc? i've seen the graphics and im fine with them.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

it's probably gonna feel a bit weird but you'll get into it after a while, should be "Q,W,E,R" for attacks and etc?
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

Quote Originally Posted by matthewryan2k View Post
    It's been a while since I played, but it should have opened up the Human Campaign after you complete those few Orc quests.
    Ah, okay. That makes sense. Thanks.

---------- Post added 2012-02-27 at 10:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    quick slightly off topic question, but is WC3 fun to play still? atleast just for the lore part of it? how is the controls for todays standards etc? i've seen the graphics and im fine with them.
    I like it so far. There isn't alot that is similar to wow though. It's not a 3d world, and you need to multitask more, but I like seeing the storys so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    don't think RTS controls changed much over the years. they are the same as SC2 controls ateast. and yes WC3 is still a great game, if you like the warcraft lore and RTS games go for it.

Also you can buy a digital coppy on your battlenet account, i have no idea if it is cheaper to buy it in the stores though.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Ah, okay. That makes sense. Thanks.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-02-27 at 10:04 AM ----------

It's not a 3d world,
    O.o

It is fully 3D world. Just because it's from sort of "isometric" perspective doesn't mean it isn't 3D. You can scroll up and down to character level and move camera around with other keys.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

The missions you did were just an intro, the real game starts in the human campaign. The orc campaign will follow later on when your done with the human and undead one.

Also, once you've done the human & undead campaigns you'll find out why Arthas and Kel'Thuzad are so damn awesome