Page 1 of 2
LastLast

From zero to 98% of the achivements

How many hours of gameplay would it take if I started a new char and wanted to get about 98% of the achivements? Leave the really hard ones (which should be about 2% I think).

Deleted
    Over a year, because of the holiday ones.

Deleted
    don't bother as achievements are being merged in mists

10+ Year Old Account
    At least a year, but could be way longer depending on how much time during that year you dedicate to it. Several achievements rely on RNG for example, like the Turtle for fishing. I think it'll be closer to two years than one even...

Depends how effective your are and if RNG is on your side, noone can tell you how long it would take. ^^

A year at least if you're going for 98%, considering the the seasonal events cover a chunk which is considerably bigger than 2%.
    Most likely more.

the "really hard ones" are quite a bit more than 2%, also the world events will set you for 1 year, 3 years for one of them (veteran nanny)
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by AnarchyEU View Post
    don't bother as achievements are being merged in mists
    It is something they are looking into.
    It is not a certainty.
    Afterall we had the same hype around the dance studio and see where that got us.

Plus I am in disagreement over some potential mechanics of account-wide achievements.
    If there is simply the need to only earn them on a main or faceroll class for a given encounter then they lose a lot of their meaning.
    Being able to do it on one class means nothing about your ability to earn it on another.

If you could get a group of 10 people together, you could do all the achievments in as little as 2-3 weeks. Some Achievments (Ulduar is a prime example) Overlap with others.

if you wanted to put the effort in, 3 weeks. maximum

Deleted
    I have 163 days played with 13,3k achievements and the Insane title, if that's any help. It'll depend a lot on if you have a good BG/arena/raid team for all the current achievements, though. The older raid ones are easy to pug, and the BG achievements are random, you'll probably get them if you do enough. It'll probably take you a year or two, starting from nothing.

It depends a lot, would you have a group of people helping you, or doing most of it solo? A lot of the achievements are from PvE content that is easy with a proper group, but hard, if not impossible to pug.

Regardless 98% of achievements is a damn high number, heck, I consider myself a pretty serious player and an achievement junkie, and I'm at 97% with only some world events that havn't been yet and a few arena/rated BG achievements missing.

It would take you at least 1 year since you'd have to wait for world events either way you do it.

---------- Post added 2012-03-01 at 03:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Machriren View Post
    If you could get a group of 10 people together, you could do all the achievments in as little as 2-3 weeks. Some Achievments (Ulduar is a prime example) Overlap with others.

3 weeks could get you maybe ~75% of achievements if you start at level 80 with reasonable gear but not much else and you got a good group of 10+ people willing to boost you. But that would be quite insane even then.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Machriren View Post
    I bet you can't get enough pvp achievements.
    If you would win every bg you get in in 10 minutes and had no waiting time between the bgs you would need over 5 days played time only to get the achievements for winning every bg 100 times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dR-vIce View Post
    I bet you can't get enough pvp achievements.
    If you would win every bg you get in in 10 minutes and had no waiting time between the bgs you would need over 5 days played time only to get the achievements for winning every bg 100 times.
    74% achievements here, and barely any PvP ones, so you don't need those.

I am at 70days played with 12180 achievement points.

General 98%
    Quests 85%
    Exploration 98%
    PVP 51%
    Dungeons & Raids 82%
    Proff 95%
    Rep 94%
    World Events 86%

And that's in one year. I slacked on quite alot of them but this should give you a rough idea on how things are.

You could certainly obtain 98% of all achievements within 1 month if you do it with a dedicated team of 10-15 people. World Events achievements aside, the ones that would take you the most time would be BG Master achievements. With that said, I think it's attainable with a hard grind in a month.

Deleted
    People saying 98% is doable in weeks or a month or two are delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It is not a certainty.
    Afterall we had the same hype around the dance studio and see where that got us.

Plus I am in disagreement over some potential mechanics of account-wide achievements.
    If there is simply the need to only earn them on a main or faceroll class for a given encounter then they lose a lot of their meaning.
    Being able to do it on one class means nothing about your ability to earn it on another.
    Dance Studio is quite a bit different. It was an actual selling point that they just up and abandoned. The Account Wide Achievements were just something in passing that they mentioned they wanted to do.

I agree with the you on the potential mecanics though. To me, it's going to bring one of two scenarios; People will think they can just hop into areas they don't belong because, "They've already got the achievement and therefore can do it" only to fail miserably or the content will be dumbed down to the point that they can do exactly that. I worry in the case of current play, that things will just be dumbed down so anyone can do it. God forbid players actually have to try and do anything in game. It might offend someone that they can't see all the content on heroic while only playing a class they started yesterday and they can only play for 30 minutes a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    the "really hard ones" are quite a bit more than 2%, also the world events will set you for 1 year, 3 years for one of them (veteran nanny)
    U know, I have all three pets, but I don't have that achievement... I dunno why.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    U know, I have all three pets, but I don't have that achievement... I dunno why.
    I think in last year's Children's Week there was a 4th pet, but only counted as a vanity pet, and not part of the meta - perhaps you took that one accidently .... I know that I checked 100x before I clicked accept as it was my 3rd year for my achievement toon

OT: 1 year would have to be the absolute minimal, but I wouldn't envy your lifestyle, as you'd be spending a lot of /played time to fight it in a year.

I play casually and focused on 1 single pally since wotlk, and I'm at 10815 - which is maybe 65%??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It is not a certainty.

They pretty much outright confirmed that achievements are being merged in mists, I would find a source but it's 5am, can't be bothered.
    Those 'faceroll' achievements are few and far between, and as a counter measure blizz could easily put a note on the achievement in small writing.
    "Earned on Character X, Class X, Date"