• Crystal Desert

36 36.73%
  • DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    I present to you:
    Modern War Gear Solid

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 08:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    We're not on Mars, we just put another robot on it. I'm not impressed until humans are on Mars.
    I'm glad you said this. Quite frankly because this isn't even the first one either.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, tbqh, I won't be impressed until travelling among at least our own solar system is an easy and common occurrence for the average human, which likely isn't happening in my lifetime, unless I put my consciousness into a machine.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    screw mars, why can't i be on tyria already?! q_q
    Tyria is bad anyway.

Got a funny idea of science if you think there's the remotest possibility of ever achieving humans reaching mars without doing these robotic missions first.

It's a tremendous achievement, every single one that gets there. The complexity of it is just astounding. And this mission is hugely more complex than anything before.

Give the guys that did it some credit. It's phenomenal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Got a funny idea of science if you think there's the remotest possibility of ever achieving humans reaching mars without doing these robotic missions first.

It's a tremendous achievement, every single one that gets there. The complexity of it is just astounding. And this mission is hugely more complex than anything before.

http://www.thedailyblink.com/2012/07...-in-real-life/

Naw.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post

We stopped going to the moon, if we started again would it be a real achievement? I'm all for the missions for being a step to push us onto Mars/beyond, but we need to already be thinking bigger. Not fascination, no patting ourselves on the back just yet, how hard can we really push?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    If we go back to the moon, it needs to be to establish a permanent international moon base or not at all. Instead of building our own orbiting satellites, let's use the one our planet came with.

If we go back to the moon, it needs to be to establish a permanent international moon base or not at all. Instead of building our own orbiting satellites, let's use the one our planet came with.
    If only we were still in the Cold War. :|

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not impressed
    Then you have no idea what they pulled off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Sorry, don't think I can do that. :P

B'sides, I wouldn't want people to figure out which city I live in, or I'd get tons of stalkers jumping on me and confessing their love any chance they get, and I just don't know if I could turn all of them down!
    My guess is that you live in Linköping. Am I close???!

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Then you have no idea what they pulled off.

Precisely, what they had to manage was damn near impossible for them to manage. Especially because for 7 minutes after they landed on mars, they were completely unaware of if they were successful or not, due to the 14 min delay from mars to earth. To me being unimpressed by this is ridiculous, this is a colossal fear and will give priceless knowledge because this isnt just a rover, its a god damn moving laboratory, and they have hopes of having someone on mars sometime in the 2030s.
    Last edited by A Day to Remember; 2012-08-06 at 07:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Precisely, what they had to manage was damn near impossible for them to manage. Especially because for 7 minutes after they landed on mars, they were completely unaware of if they were successful or not, due to the 14 min delay from mars to earth. To me being unimpressed by this is ridiculous, this is a colossal fear and will give priceless knowledge because this isnt just a rover, its a god damn moving laboratory, and they have hopes of having someone on mars sometime in the 2030s.
    if only we could get corrupt politicians to buddy up with useful corrupt companies, like ones that make space exploration equipment

that way the corrupt lobbyist will push for a bigger nasa budget

but no, we just have corrupt lobbyists corrupting corrupt politicians to help out the corrupt banks
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    and don't forget the pie!

how are they going to bring all the necessary pie to survive the good 1.5 years of travel in each direction?!

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    if only we could get corrupt politicians to buddy up with useful corrupt companies, like ones that make space exploration equipment

that way the corrupt lobbyist will push for a bigger nasa budget

but no, we just have corrupt lobbyists corrupting corrupt politicians to help out the corrupt banks
    Well they managed this with only $7 per american citizen, if they had a bigger budget we could so many more amazing things.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Kalli already knows this...but we got an extension on our inspection so now it's next Monday.

So full of relief I want to cry. But also, there's so much work ahead. So that sucks.

But hey, least we have somewhat of a reasonable amount of time to finish up.

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 10:45 PM ----------

Also, fuck yeah Mars! Now, they just need to find the prothean ruins so we can get Mass Effect technology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanni View Post
    So, Kalli already knows this...but we got an extension on our inspection so now it's next Monday.

So full of relief I want to cry. But also, there's so much work ahead. So that sucks.

But hey, least we have somewhat of a reasonable amount of time to finish up.
    Good to hear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Good to hear
    Yar, I was seriously stressing out.

But now it's only mild stress.

Now, time to decompress and veg.

I might be blind.
    Is this for beta only? Or will this become a guild during live?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badjoe242 View Post
    I might be blind.
    Is this for beta only? Or will this become a guild during live?
    We are going to be live come launch as well. MMO Champions is the name of the guild.

Another early image from Mars. ~RB2

Well played ArenaNet!