24 24.49%
  • Crystal Desert

36 36.73%
  • DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    No. The point is to disconnect from that game, entirely

I guess small things like the tombstone are OK though :P
    Psh. Tauren, Charr, same thing! Hehe, just kidding...
    Are the "unofficial" servers formed because enough people claimed a specific type/from a specific region, or was that claimed by someONE?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    Well apparently I missed some of this and I am still playing catch-up.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post18008979

There's some more way back, but that's the beginning of the new discussion. At least, that's where I started looking at it. There might be more before that.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-08-16 at 05:57 PM.

He said HE planned to roll on an RP server. HE plans to roll there, regardless of where the guild goes. Why do you care where HE rolls? Why does it matter to you, at all? This argument is even more silly than the original.

Well unless wvw is important to you, it doesn't really matter where you go no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Far as I can tell, this has always been intended as a "social" guild. So while I'm sure people in the guild would do WvW together, it's not really something that's going to be a serious focus for the guild. Seeing as we're not limited in how many guilds you join, if you care heavily about organized/serious WvW, you should find a second guild for that purpose? And go to whatever server they have as home?

The entire first week of launch (I've heard, don't know the source), you're supposed to get free server transfers.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-16 at 06:05 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    WvWvW isn't important to me, but I would like to participate with as many members of the guild in WvWvW... and I still think the RP PVP choice should count towards the PVP choice because if I could switch my vote I would.

I understand that I can join another guild for the WvWvW action, but honestly, I don't plan on being in more then two guilds at most because I suck so bad at finding guilds I like and just play by myself till someone invites me to a guild... so being set up from the get go with MMO Champs is just easier for me.
    Last edited by kilcin; 2012-08-16 at 06:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah okay, now I see. As for me personally I am going to go to whatever server the guild is on and make it my home. If you guys don't want to do that, I will just visit you guys. Just my view on the subject after reading everything. If anything, we will have TS and here to chat if we really can't do anything in-game.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

10+ Year Old Account
    We really should just get this poll replaced with a proper "Which server?" poll.

All I know in regards to unofficial tags is that Tarnished Coast is going to be the unofficial RP server. If Allanon were to make a new poll (perhaps in a new thread? I dunno), he could include what the "unofficial" tags are if he wants - I think most people who join servers will ignore it, however, as there's no tag mentioned on servers when you actually play the game. Regular players will just join whatever name sounds good to them.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-16 at 06:09 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    We really should just get this poll replaced with a proper "Which server?" poll.
    I second that motion.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    After reading the last few pages I'm kind of thinking whats the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Far as I can tell, what we will really want to know in regards to "unofficial <insert something> server" type things, is what communities have chosen which servers. The unofficial Reddit server, for example. Or GW2Guru. Or the Oceanic server. Stuff like that.

I wonder if there will be an unofficial Arena Junkies server. (Actually, according to this thread, the consensus over there is currently that servers don't matter, so they're all just gonna do what they want, for the most part - however, I've noticed that individual PvP guilds are choosing their servers, so if you care about PvP on a serious level, you should look into that!)
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-16 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I third the notion.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

I wonder if there will be an unofficial Arena Junkies server.
    No plans at the moment. People are scattered all around the place.

Deleted
    the pandaren in that cinematic looks like a stuffed animal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    the pandaren in that cinematic looks like a stuffed animal
    I wouldn't say that, but something about that model feels... off... I can't place my finger on it...
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I wouldn't say that, but something about that model feels... off... I can't place my finger on it...
    the fur just looks so fake to me

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    He said HE planned to roll on an RP server. HE plans to roll there, regardless of where the guild goes. Why do you care where HE rolls? Why does it matter to you, at all? This argument is even more silly than the original.
    Here, let me say my position again since pretty much everyone is misrepresenting it. I want the guild members to decide what is in their best interests, not one person. Allanon was being very difficult about just putting up this poll, and he's still being difficult on deciding the specific server. I don't care where Allanon goes. I care about the home server. We don't even need a home server, and I'd be perfectly okay with not having one. People most likely want a home server for the guild, therefore that home server should be representative of the interests of the majority of the people going there.

I'm not going to MMOC's home server, since it won't meet my expectations for what I want from the game. Once again, I'm trying reduce the risk of someone's partial ignorance from screwing them over. As indicated by the poll, a small minority of people would have enjoyed the original decision for the home server, which was an RP one. Since there's only one RP server, I'd assume that would be Tarnished Coast.

This is why I want to do one of three things: Have a poll in the guild thread, have a separate guild server thread, or have no guild home server at all.

I do not understand people's opposition to letting the guild members decide their own server. Yes, the primary reason to choose a server, and the original motivation behind this, is because WvWvW is server bound. But it goes further. It doesn't necessarily restrict you mechanically beyond that, but it's your home server, and the whole physiological aspect of having to transfer off every single time because you regretted your initial choice. It's just simple principle too. It's wrong not to let people decide.

And yes, this is a social guild. If it's a social guild, then the server doesn't matter, right? If you want to use that argument, than argue for no server at all. Anything else, with the exception of the polls, is just selfish.

And no, Kelesti, you're wrong.

I'm seeing more people wanting a "PvE server" compared to a "PvP server", so clearly we should be going onto a server that doesn't give a crap about WvW at all.
    That is the point of all this. The point isn't for my own interests, as I've already stated many times before I don't plan to roll on the MMOC server. A majority of people want a PvE server. A 4% minority want a PvP server. And this, as well, I've already addressed with my idea of having multiple server types in the server poll. Last I checked, the difference was only 10 people out of 340. That's close enough to call it "basically" even, since I don't think it would be fair to factor in the RP-PvP votes. An optional choice would be having a PvX server. I personally think that's the most logical.

Refer back to this post if you want to argue my opinion. If something isn't clear or not presented here, then I'll respond.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-08-16 at 06:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, what minority? Near as I can tell from this poll, PvE and PvP supporters are about even. O_o

Which isn't saying anything since, technically, each server has it's own internal PvE and PvP servers. You could be on an unofficial "PvE" server, and never actually come into contact with those people.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-16 at 06:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    the fur just looks so fake to me
    The Orc also looked funny. The whole cinematic was meh.

Wait, what minority? Near as I can tell from this poll, PvE and PvP supporters are about even. O_o

Which isn't saying anything since, technically, each server has it's own internal PvE and PvP servers. You could be on an unofficial "PvE" server, and never actually come into contact with those people.
    Please follow conversations before chiming in, Drake. This has been an issue for months, before the poll. It pretty much began when Allanon declared before BWE1 that this guild was going to be on an RP server.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-08-16 at 06:33 PM.