19 19.39%
  • Sorrow's Furnace

24 24.49%
  • Crystal Desert

36 36.73%
  • DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    15+ Year Old Account
    So noob question. How do I find the guild I want to join? I've been on Sea of Sorrows for every BWE and stress test, and I don't understand how we are supposed to search for a specific guild. I noticed the search feature for finding other players, but I couldn't find anything for finding a guild...
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    So noob question. How do I find the guild I want to join? I've been on Sea of Sorrows for every BWE and stress test, and I don't understand how we are supposed to search for a specific guild. I noticed the search feature for finding other players, but I couldn't find anything for finding a guild...
    You know what? I actually don't think searching for a guild is a feature at all!
    We'll probably have to adress that on the forums whenever they are up actually. Your best chance is to know who to whisper and get an invite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    You know what? I actually don't think searching for a guild is a feature at all!
    We'll probably have to adress that on the forums whenever they are up actually. Your best chance is to know who to whisper and get an invite.
    And that is pretty strange since guilds is a pretty big part of the game, building a community and all that shizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not any more than it was in WoW all the way up until Cata (and even then, does anybody even use the guild recruitment system?). Hopefully the days of spamming forum threads to recruit will be over soon....
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I recall opening up the guild tab in the last stress test. It had a listing of all of the guilds, their servers, how many members, and some other notes of each guild.

^ I think that depends on the internal game culture. Not sure why that feature went unused in Warcraft, but I have seen several other games have BBS style guild postings and do just fine. A few months back Rift got an in-game Guild Recruitment tab in the social menu. People use it to seek players and find guilds.

In GW2 it might be a great added feature at some point. Esp. considering the atmosphere of the game is a bit less... erm, toxic than other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    morning all.

Rather large update on the gw2 client this morning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I recall opening up the guild tab in the last stress test. It had a listing of all of the guilds, their servers, how many members, and some other notes of each guild.
    Last I played was the BWE3, but unless it changed, they only gave me that info of guilds I was actually part of.
    Maybe they added that in already?

Last I played was the BWE3, but unless it changed, they only gave me that info of guilds I was actually part of.
    No that's what it was in the last stress test.

And hi!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    No that's what it was in the last stress test.

And hi!
    Hello SB. It must be late in Squirreltopia, did you fall out of bed?!

And ahh, I kinda wished they'd changed it slightly.

Hello SB. It must be late in Squirreltopia, did you fall out of bed?!

And ahh, I kinda wished they'd changed it slightly.
    Squirrel has not slept.
    Squirrel thinks they are watching.
    So Squirrel cannot sleep.
    All is not well in Squirreltopia >.>

And yh....need some search function. Bit odd there isn't one.

Well I wasn't part of any guild. All I know is that there was a huge listing of guilds you could scroll through, it included contact information and all of that.

Deleted
    Squirrel has not slept.

Poor Squirrel. Get a dog.

And yeah I do think so, I was planning on just searching for you guys but ended up having to come here and beg for an invite.
    And with the linkage of accounts, I'll have to beg again since my account has technically changed and my friends list is empty! (Well almost empty).

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 04:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well I wasn't part of any guild. All I know is that there was a huge listing of guilds you could scroll through, it included contact information and all of that.
    Odd. I hope this is how it works. If there's another stress test I might have to check.

Deleted
    Squirrel has not slept.

They are...always. (And listening)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    They are...always. (And listening)
    Luckily they aren't reading, so Squirrel is safe.

Deleted
    Luckily they aren't reading, so Squirrel is safe.
    /shoo i'm trying to scare him <_<

^_^ <3

Deleted
    Soo... I really want a spirit hood. Who has 100£ to give me?
    Then I could game all nice and warm and fuzzzzyyyyy. *.*

No one? No? Finnneee. /Sulks.

11Days and 14hours for pre release =D

Deleted
    Soo... I really want a spirit hood. Who has 100£ to give me?
    Then I could game all nice and warm and fuzzzzyyyyy. *.*

No one? No? Finnneee. /Sulks.

11Days and 14hours for pre release =D
    lol, if i had that amount of cash laying around i would either spend it on something better or buy me one before giving one away and damn why are they so expensive

My countdown says 11d 17h 47m 20s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    lol, if i had that amount of cash laying around i would either spend it on something better or buy me one before giving one away and damn why are they so expensive
    I don't knooow. The one I want is out of stock on their UK shop too. I kinda want to ask one for my Birthday... maybe someone will feel kind enough to give me one. They look sooo cozy and warm and fuzzy though. Perfect for those cold winter mornings and gaming without actually getting out of my PJs. But oh well.

The UK site also doesn't give any of the money to charity which freaking sucks.