Deleted

[TV] Dual Survival (SPOILERS)

There was another thread on this show, but it was from three years ago, and I don't think I have enough necromantic powers to bring it back to life. A moderator can combine these if necessary, though.

There's spoilers of what's been going on, thus the tag in the title.

So, this show just took a sad turn. I've been following the fallout, and in my mind, it's pretty clear who's the good guy and who's the bad guy in this situation. Both Cody Lundin's Facebook page and Joe Teti's Facebook page have their comments on the matter. I think Discovery shafted Lundin, I think it's outrageous how they defamed him in the latest episode, and I can't but hope that Cody will find some way of becoming vindicated.

Joe Teti (or Joe Titty as I like to call him) to me is just another typical brainless military jock. Always "on a mission", pushing through as fast as he can, following the simplest set of rules, and trying to accomplish that "mission" regardless of whether he endangers himself or not. That's not survival. It's been clear to me from day one that Titty has been doing a TV show, not surviving, not being able to put himself in the situation as he would be if there were no cameramen and breaks and such. And yeah, I'm sure he's a tough soldier guy who has shot people and all that jazz. Doesn't change how I see him.

On his Facebook page he goes on and on about how crazy it is that Cody is in the snow in Norway in his shorts. Well, being the simple-minded military operator as he is, he just doesn't have the brain power to wrap his head around the fact that Cody can actually do that, and furthermore, has done it on the show before - something Titty would know, had he watched the first season with Canterbury. The very first episode of season one was in Nova Scotia in the winter, and in the second one they were in NZ on top of a mountain in snow and ice. But that's not even the hilarious thing about his rant about Cody "jeopardizing the mission"; the fact is that they've got a full team there, with a medic, so if Cody is at any point in real, life-threatening danger, he's got help straight away.

I have no doubt that Matt Graham is a great survivalist, since I've got no reason to doubt his credentials, but I have to say I do feel sorry for him for him having to put up with Titty now that Cody is gone. In any case, hoping Lundin gets vindicated somehow.

Season four, episode five just aired. Not sure if I'm going to finish this season. I'll check out the next one, but without Lundin... Meh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't even know they replaced the guy from the first season or two. Cody was alright but could be annoying sometimes, but the reasoning behind his firing (from what i've read in the last 15 mins) sounds retarded.

I guess I need to catch up on this. I love Cody, but I haven't seen many episodes since they replaced faking former military guy (Dave) with real former military guy (Joe). Was it the season finale where they skewered him?

Deleted
    Aaaw that is sad news.

I have only watched the first season so far but I really liked Cody. I hope some other network decides to give him a show.