Poll: You know what to do!!!

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by geniebsmart View Post
    Talking about ghost stories - to this day I am still afraid of saying Bloody Mary 3 times in the mirror when I'm alone!!
    why are you afraid of an english queen who was nicknamed bloody mary because she had several miscarriages and ordered to have protestants executed, its not like she was some psycho murderer she was more of a psycho b*tch but thats about it
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2012-02-29 at 09:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the overriding objection to belief in ghosts is that, simply because we can't explain some events in the natural world, that's no indication that what some people allegedly observe is ghost activity - this is too far a leap in logic. This objection is unanswerable, and will remain so until a method is devised to reproduce the effect of ghost phenomena under laboratory conditions. Individuals are free to disagree, but as when something is not proven to exist, the operating assumption must be that it does not exist. This is not proof of its non-existence, it is merely an operating assumption based on available information. Whether or not you believe in ghosts is up to you, but you can't assert any virtue in your beliefs without considerably persuasive evidence.

I don't believe them to exist so no. It's just a trick of the mind that leads us to believe that someone or something is there.
    There is no scientific proof that ghosts would actually exists so I will not believe in them until proven wrong.
    The pathetic people that tries to make people believe them to make money from it makes them just the more harder to believe in to be real.
    Just like with religion. Except religion takes it one step further and tries to shove it down your throat, or you are an infidel.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69TO...ure=plpp_video

never seen or experienced anything paranormal, so my answer is no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The whole point of ghost sightings is that they are something humans can percieve - So your argument about it being unknowable is moot - There is nothing a human can percieve that some machine cannot measure
    If the best you can do is pick up unrelated points and construct straw man arguments out of the original context then you, too, have been retired to the naughty step.

As for there being nothing a human can percieve that a machine can't measure, that's unadulterated nonsense and only highlights how far down under-educated science zealots will dig when their aggressive stance toward any view other than their own is intelligently challenged.

Sad, isn't it, when someone feels that their only relevance to a discussion is to pick up the smallest and most pithy statements available because they cannot deal with the entire breadth of a debate.

Delusional spook hunters, one.

Enlightened science "experts", nil.

Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    If the best you can do is pick up unrelated points and construct straw man arguments out of the original context then you, too, have been retired to the naughty step.

As for there being nothing a human can percieve that a machine can't measure, that's unadulterated nonsense and only highlights how far down under-educated science zealots will dig when their aggressive stance toward any view other than their own is intelligently challenged.

Sad, isn't it, when someone feels that their only relevance to a discussion is to pick up the smallest and most pithy statements available because they cannot deal with the entire breadth of a debate.

Delusional spook hunters, one.

Enlightened science "experts", nil.
    I ask you again - what can a human percieve that a machine cannot which isnt completely psychological... aka going on in the person's head and his alone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappahealar View Post
    The pathetic people that tries to make people believe them to make money from it makes them just the more harder to believe in to be real.
    Unfortunately, this sort of thing is far too common. A colleague of mine, whilst in a previous investigation team, worked with a young man who would deliberately invent supernatural causes for phenomena that was quickly classified as mundane by anyone with even a short experience of working in the field. After solving the problem normally, he'd "exorcise the disturbed presence" that was in the house and use it as a means of extorting more money.

There are con men everywhere, unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    calling my sleep walking sister an illusion of my mind is nonsense... she stood up she stared at me for a good 30 seconds yelled "do you know who I am" in an angry voice then fell back on the bed to continue sleeping with no memory of this ever happening... I fking slept with the lights on that night and that was not my imagination, I wont say that she was possesed by a ghost but her sleepwalking pattern that night was more fked up than the usual, and a few weeks ago i went to brush my teeth and i find rocks in the sink and she tells me she dreamed that she vomited those rocks. I know that in my family most of us are sleep walkers but my little sister's is definitively abnormal. My older sister searches through drawers, i go to the bathroom and mom opens doors which are everyday activities but she does really weird stuff i dont even know where the heck she got those rocks from

and it wasnt a dream or a hallucination cuz ive experienced hallucinations caused by sleep paralysis and a dream within a dream before and the night when she stared at me was definitively real, if i didnt know she was a sleep walker i wouldve freaked out and screamed like little girl
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2012-02-29 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    calling my sleep walking sister an illusion of my mind is nonsense... she stood up she stared at me for a good 30 seconds yelled "do you know who I am" in an angry voice then fell back on the bed to continue sleeping with no memory of this ever happening... I fking slept with the lights on that night and that was not my imagination, I wont say that she was possesed by a ghost but her sleepwalking pattern that night was more fked up than the usual, and a few weeks ago i went to brush my teeth and i find rocks in the sink and she tells me she dreamed that she vomited those rocks. I know that in my family most of us are sleep walkers but my little sister's is definitively abnormal. My older sister searches through drawers, i go to the bathroom and mom opens doors which are everyday activities but she does really weird stuff i dont even know where the heck she got those rocks from
    maybe she had just seen X-men 3

10+ Year Old Account
    I ask you again - what can a human percieve that a machine cannot which isnt completely psychological... aka going on in the person's head and his alone
    Wow, that was fast. It's as though you were literally waiting on my response; to the extent that I'd barely constructed my next one to another poster and had your next question waiting on me. You're keen, I'll give you that. One might say desperate.

In any event, your question has been answered multiple times, via multiple posts, over multiple pages. The fact that you're begging me to repeat myself indicates, very clearly, that you have nothing more to add to this discussion, other than an unsettling need to have the last word. Personally, because I'm comfortable with my own views and do not need the agreement of others to validate them, I can't relate to your behaviour. For that, I apologise.

My advice is to move away from the keyboard, get a glass of water, and do something more fun for a while. Let the debate continue unmolested in your absence, safe in the knowledge that I'm nothing more than another delusional ghostbuster who can't see the wood for the trees.

I'm fine with that.

Are you?

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe she had just seen X-men 3
    worse i had watched paranormal activity that same week (1st part where she stares at her bf for hours) but she handnt even heard about the movie, I didnt find the movie scary at all, it was a piece of crap, in fact i found the movie funny unlike that night.
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2012-02-29 at 10:08 PM.

Wow, that was fast. It's as though you were literally waiting on my response; to the extent that I'd barely constructed my next one to another poster and had your next question waiting on me. You're keen, I'll give you that. One might say desperate.

In any event, your question has been answered multiple times, via multiple posts, over multiple pages. The fact that you're begging me to repeat myself indicates, very clearly, that you have nothing more to add to this discussion, other than an unsettling need to have the last word. Personally, because I'm comfortable with my own views and do not need the agreement of others to validate them, I can't relate to your behaviour. For that, I apologise.

My advice is to move away from the keyboard, get a glass of water, and do something more fun for a while. Let the debate continue unmolested in your absence, safe in the knowledge that I'm nothing more than another delusional ghostbuster who can't see the wood for the trees.

I'm fine with that.

Are you?
    More like a coincidence - such is life when procrastinating.
    And yet again - you dont come up with an answer - In your previous posts you have have yet to come up with something a human can percieve that a machine cannot which isnt a psychological issue.
    Also - ad hominem - the last refuge for the person who has no argument

Deleted
    Could it it be that rather than the laws of physics being temporarily suspended your 9 year old self didnt actually see a ghost - maybe a hallucination following your fall - and you just kept telling yourself it was a ghost...
    Seems unlikely. I've never heard of kids hallucinating before. And why over such a small thing as a fall?

Ever wondered how your memory tricks - a deja vu is something that hasnt happened to you before but the moment you experience it, it is effectivly altering your memories so it seems a present event has been a past one - and its not a glitch in the matrix im afraid
    No, your description is messed up. A deja vu is simply an electric signal that gets to your memory before it reaches vision.

Because you know, when your eyes look at an object, one signal goes to your vision and you actually see it, the other signal goes to your memory to remember what you saw. A deja vu happens when the signal to your memory is faster by accident. That's why you think you've experienced it before, because it actually IS in your memory before you see it.

Anyway, I've never seen a ghost myself. But I am open for the possibility.

Deleted
    Yes, everynow and then.

Usually when i'm high.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Seems unlikely. I've never heard of kids hallucinating before. And why over such a small thing as a fall?

No, your description is messed up. A deja vu is simply an electric signal that gets to your memory before it reaches vision.

Because you know, when your eyes look at an object, one signal goes to your vision and you actually see it, the other signal goes to your memory to remember what you saw. A deja vu happens when the signal to your memory is faster by accident. That's why you think you've experienced it before, because it actually IS in your memory before you see it.

Anyway, I've never seen a ghost myself. But I am open for the possibility.
    It gets to your memory yes - but it doesnt get there in the sense that you feel a sense of precognition but more like the feeling of: this happened a couple of days ago - But yes you are right - it has to have arrived in the memory before the vision for it to be a deja vu obviously

I'm fine with that.

Are you?
    This entire post was a deflection, as is typically the case. When a question you can't answer is asked: deflect, in this case apparently by figuratively waving your arms around and making barely intelligable non sequiturs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    if you hit the head...

10+ Year Old Account
    My cat sees ghosts all the time. Lucky bastard...
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    This entire post was a deflection, as is typically the case. When a question you can't answer is asked: deflect, in this case apparently by figuratively waving your arms around and making barely intelligable non sequiturs.
    Quid pro quo, ad infinitum.

The question has been answered, multiple times, and anyone with even a basic grasp of english can see it in my previous posts. Current scientific understanding doesn't even come close to providing a lucid description of subjective experience, which is largely where paranormal experience lies, yet here we are confronted by dogmatists that demand such a thing be measured, else see relegation to non-existence.

If you see the world with any clarity at all, you will note how ludicrous that is; yet that is what we are faced with in this thread.

Am I saying that such things are, therefore, paranormal or supernatural? Of course not. That's a huge stretch. What I'm saying is we. Don't. Know. I'm saying that in lieu of a scientific explanation for something that is obviously self-evident, running around trying to debunk paranormal investigators or parapsychologists (when you don't even understand the very laws you try to debunk them with), is laughable.

To repeat:

I'm comfortable with the accusation of limitless arm-waving and persistent creation of "barely intelligible non-sequiturs". Cast those dispersions if it makes you comfortable. But sticking fingers in your ears and repeating yourself, while ignoring what's being presented, is hardly endearing behaviour.

It's child like.

Fortunately, there are a great many people that aren't impressed by it and will cheerfully continue their research. Research that the "experts" in this thread have got absolutely no intellectual handle on.

Quid pro quo, ad infinitum.

The question has been answered, multiple times, and anyone with even a basic grasp of english can see it in my previous posts. Current scientific understanding doesn't even come close to providing a lucid description of subjective experience, which is largely where paranormal experience lies, yet here we are confronted by dogmatists that demand such a thing be measured, else see relegation to non-existence.

If you see the world with any clarity at all, you will note how ludicrous that is; yet that is what we are faced with in this thread.

Am I saying that such things are, therefore, paranormal or supernatural? Of course not. That's a huge stretch. What I'm saying is we. Don't. Know. I'm saying that in lieu of a scientific explanation for something that is obviously self-evident, running around trying to debunk paranormal investigators or parapsychologists (when you don't even understand the very laws you try to debunk them with), is laughable.

To repeat:

I'm comfortable with the accusation of limitless arm-waving and persistent creation of "barely intelligible non-sequiturs". Cast those dispersions if it makes you comfortable. But sticking fingers in your ears and repeating yourself, while ignoring what's being presented, is hardly endearing behaviour.

It's child like.

Fortunately, there are a great many people that aren't impressed by it and will cheerfully continue their research. Research that the "experts" in this thread have got absolutely no intellectual handle on.
    And yet while you persist in claiming it has been said multiple times you have now gone 3 times without bothering to answer the supposedly easily answered question as it has already been said - i ask again - in your next post - Tell me what a machine cannot measure that a human can percieve which isnt something psychological