Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Irelia (Solo top) worth buying?

I am not the best player ever but I don't suck either, I mainly play solo top with few champs (Yorick, Morde, Renekton, Rumble, Singed rarely).
    I like the fighter champs that can be tanky and deal decent amount of damage, Im thinking about getting Irelia next for some solo top ownage, is she as good at solo top as people say, what's NOT so cool about her, and if you can present any OTHER great champs for solo top, I'd highly appreciate it
    Thanks for your imput, I'd consider everything you say!

Deleted
    Better nerf Irelia comes to mind... :P

But yes.. get her.. she's very fun when you get to know her. So much sustain and insta facemelting. Nice to gank with since she either slows/stuns and does a good amount of dmg even against shielded targets..

My fav. champ in LoL and my fav. toplaner aswell

---------- Post added 2012-02-28 at 02:50 AM ----------

oh and she has one of the coolest /dance in the game :P

True damage and equal parts durability and damage make her extremely strong. That and her "heal on attack" stuff, which means she heals even when attacking towers or other non-units. Very solid top, definitely worth buying. Just farm a lot and become raid boss.

As for other suggestions, I'd recommend Wukong. He is my favorite solo top, with Irelia close behind. Same deal as her, just a lot more survivability.

Max W and get Wriggles > ultimate sustain.

Deleted
    Try riven this week, then consider buying her or Irelia. Both are godmode endgame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Irelia is a really strong solo top. Like others have mentioned, her W is a great heal, and she deals true damage.

Deleted
    Get irelia. She's one of the best solotops in the game, if you do it right.

Pick her against other melee, though you will want to avoid certain champs (Cho'Gath, Olaf, Kennen, GP), Cho because of his burst(True damage)+insane sustain (Comparable to her own), and Kennen because of his range and the facts that he will just get out with his E any time you get to him, GP is annoying because of ranged harass and Oranges... Olaf will just eat you with his E, sad but true.

However, against everyone else (Nearly...) She's unbeatable if you do it right. Riven? Tsk... Shyvana? If she's good you'll go even, if she's just slightly worse than you, you'll kick her ass. Jarvan? Get to lvl 6, win.

Someone suggested Wriggles, and while it's a good item, it's completely overkill (IMO, this isn't fact ^^), as her W as max rank gives her 28 (i think?) hp per hit. That's massive. Now, with Wit's End + Zeal (Ihave 10% Att speed from runepage too), you'll have about 1,5-1,6 att speed. Now with 75 true damage on each hit... well :P

About Cho'Gath, his massive HP pool also counters your true damage as it is flat true damage. All in all he's a fucking pain in the ass. His knockup is also unaffected by tenacity ._. Avoid him at all cost :< You can farm, but he'll kill you or send you home often (or deny you farm)... HP quints+Seals are (nearly) mandatory when fighting that ¤%#¤%"¤&!!!... Ehm, sorry about that .D

With her ultimate + W her sustain is bloody endless. You go in and exchange with the enemy, you come out with nearly same health, you just heal up while they sit back because they know you can kick their ass if they come any close.

PS: Shen. I forgot about that one. He's a major pain since the buffs, and you will go pretty much even early on (1-9), from then on you'll do more dmg and he'll just be tanky, so you won't really affect each other in the lane after that (Though laning phase often ends around that point...)

Remember, Irelia without farm is not Irelia. That's Uselessrelia. True story.

If you decide to try her out, start with Doran's Shield (Or cloth armor+5 pots, but Doran's just preferable), go normal boots, Decide whether Sheen or Wit's End is most important to win your lane, and then go straight for trinity force, build tanky afterwards. End it all with Atma's.

Have fun!

Ask if you have any other concerns

Irelia is insanely strong as long as she can farm and win trades on top lane. Champions which counter you: Higher sustain or / and non-mana resource, which are Warwick, Renekton, Riven, Kennen for example. While people underestimate the 75 extra true damage per hit, they have the same cooldowns and similiar sustain through Wriggles you have but don't need to consider their resources before going all-out on you. You will always have 75 true damage per hit and Bladesurge deals sick amounts of damage with Sheen effects every 4 seconds in lategame. (>500) Carry hunter ahoy.

I max W first for sustain and winning trades and Q second. 1 point in E for tower lockdowns and general utility on 3. Don't try anything without having your full kit Q W E available, you will get your sorry ass kicked in most instances. The ultimate is a bit tricky. Personally I use it for a strong push or in 1v1 fights I regenerate myself against minions if available. Level 3 ultimate with Atma's hurts like hell however.

My build is Wriggles or Shureilyas with Level 2 boots and Trinforce. Shureilyas gives me early philo which equals more gold and unlimited harass while Wriggles allows me to outreg any damage suffered and further migitate it through armor. Afterwards is a flavor choice but I suggest full tank with an atmas inbetween. Force of Nature is always more fun because of 8% MS
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Riven was very fun when I played her, will buy her later sometime. But Irelia first then
    How about Jarvan since he's in rotation as well?

Irelia needs a nerf. but yea she is very strong solo top.

I saw this thread last night and was in the OP's shoes as well except I'm more of an assassin player by nature. I'm super hesitant to purchase a pricey hero since I'm still level 17 and trading basically all my IP for something I may not actually enjoy will suck. Not sure next time she'll be in rotation : /.
    Oswald was over hit cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Irelia needs a nerf. but yea she is very strong solo top.
    No she does not. I've outlaned plenty of good Irelia's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzilla View Post
    I saw this thread last night and was in the OP's shoes as well except I'm more of an assassin player by nature. I'm super hesitant to purchase a pricey hero since I'm still level 17 and trading basically all my IP for something I may not actually enjoy will suck. Not sure next time she'll be in rotation : /.
    She's been reduced in price to 4800 IP.

Don't listen to anyone saying irelia loses to kennen, that is completely false she stomps him unless he goes ad, and if he goes ad he still loses late game.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Deleted
    buy Irelia she is awesome. Incredible sustain and damage if you have some attack speed for the true damage

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    Remember, Irelia without farm is not Irelia. That's Uselessrelia. True story.

If you decide to try her out, start with Doran's Shield (Or cloth armor+5 pots, but Doran's just preferable), go normal boots, Decide whether Sheen or Wit's End is most important to win your lane, and then go straight for trinity force, build tanky afterwards. End it all with Atma's.
    also this ^
    Last edited by mmoc9212fb5f36; 2012-02-28 at 10:54 PM.

I don't play much LoL nowadays but when i do i almost only play Irelia and more often than not i really demolish toplane with Irelia.
    That champion is so much fun i can't remember losing to any specific champion 1v1 top.

Deleted
    Get nasus you wont regret it. nasus + trinity force (buy sheen first) is a god endgame if he gets good farm because everytime you kill something with your Q it gains + 3 dammage and it stacks and scales with your AD as well so you can build him super tanky and still hit like a howitzer ive seen nasus almost 2 shot towers endgame with a 300 minion kill farm

Irelia is the most OP champion out. you cant go wrong.
    Do gnomes have a vibrate setting?

Deleted
    She's going on 50% sale soon I think, due to vote contest, so wait a bit

Irelia is a solid top, you just have to watch out for Rivens. They'll melt your face in, either way, both are fun and I recommend both.