10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Once Upon A Time (Spoiler alert)

Haven't been this into a show since LOST.

Heres just a quick summary from Wikipedia for those who haven't heard of the show:
    The story is set in the fictional small town of Storybrooke, Maine. The town is populated by characters from fairy tales, who have been exiled to the real world due to a curse cast by the Evil Queen (Lana Parrilla) as part of a revenge plot against Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin), and Prince Charming (Josh Dallas). Because of the curse, most of the inhabitants of Storybrooke have no memory of their true identities and have been stuck timelessly in Storybrooke for years.
    This changes when Henry (Jared S. Gilmore), the adopted son of Storybrooke's Mayor Regina Mills (also Lana Parrilla), seeks out his birth mother, Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison), a bounty hunter living in Boston and coerces her to come to Storybrooke. Henry, who knows about the curse from a book given him by his teacher Mary Margaret Blanchard (also Ginnifer Goodwin), informs Emma that she is the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming and that she is destined to break the curse holding everyone in Storybrooke. Skeptical, Emma decides to stay in Storybrooke after seeing how lonely Henry is and how he is emotionally neglected by his mother. In staying, Emma continues to run afoul of Mayor Mills. This conflict only increases when Emma becomes the town Sheriff.
    Each episode usually focuses on one main character who is experiencing some sort of conflict in Storybrooke. Flashbacks also show what their character's story was in the fairy tale world of the Enchanted Forest. In the first season, almost all of the flashbacks involved Rumpelstiltskin (Robert Carlyle) making deals with the protagonists as part of some sort of machiavellian plot. In Storybrooke, Rumpelstiltskin is known as Mr. Gold, the wealthiest man in town.

All in all, this show is amazing and I'd love to hear you guys' comments on recent episodes.
    My favorite character is Mr. Gold/Rumpelstiltskin(sp?). Hes such a boss, and I love how he intertwines in everyone's story. I also love how he knows about his other life as Rumpelstiltskin, and it makes me wonder if he's the one in charge, not Regina/evil queen.

What's interesting is apparently the same writers from Lost are working on this show, too. I looked it up on imdb just to see more reviews. The plot seems incredibly stupid when I read it, but I guess I'll just have to watch it to see.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1843230/reviews?start=10

The reviews are mostly good, with a few mediocre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    What's interesting is apparently the same writers from Lost are working on this show, too. I looked it up on imdb just to see more reviews. The plot seems incredibly stupid when I read it, but I guess I'll just have to watch it to see.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1843230/reviews?start=10

The reviews are mostly good, with a few mediocre.
    Yes I love how some writers from LOST are the ones who created this show. 2 of them actually had the concept in 04, but didn't utilize the idea until LOST was finished.

Edit: also there are a ton of parallels to LOST including various items such as the astro-something candybars and the comic that Henry was reading. Also the actor that played Belle also was in LOST