Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane123 View Post
    I thought the levelling curve was relatively flat? Did the developers say it would take around 100 hours to get to 80, if so it'd take me some weeks then
    By flat they mean the time to level will increase until the 20-30 range, and from 20/30 to 80 is estimated to take 90 minutes per level(results may vary).

Taking my time. After seeing an exploration video, I can see myself wasting away countless hours doing things like that. @_@

I thought the levelling curve was relatively flat? Did the developers say it would take around 100 hours to get to 80, if so it'd take me some weeks then
    They said it would take an "average" casual player around 90 minutes per level from level 30 and up. That's 75hours. Then it takes 10 hours to go from level 1-15 apparently, so that's 85 hours. Then there is 15-30, which probably will at average take a hour at least.

Boom! 100 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    What mmo is that?
    Asherons Call

I'll be playing to play, but I'm also going to use up some vacation time at launch, so I may still be at cap sooner than I expect.

Deleted
    Definitely take my time

This will be my final chance at MMOs, and as such, i'll be doing it the 'vanilla' way.

Exploring every possible surface, looking for secret areas and hidden things, probably dying 1000+ times to mobs higher level (but not caring, because goddamnit i got that screenshot!),etc.

I'm looking forward to this game so much, its reminiscent of Christmas present opening when i was 7. I'm THAT stoked.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

Deleted
    I will also just take it as it comes. I am really looking forward to the way you can just explore and always find content, no matter if you are in a totally underlevelled area or not. I do tend to optimise my levelling in most games, but it really feels that in gw2 this just wont be an issue.

Since most of my time I will be spending it in WvW then it wont matter how fast I level. And I will be acquiring both gear, xp, and skill unlocks from kills.

But I do want to see some of the big dynamic events (like the dragons) and my personal story... so, no still no rush.
    I'm still thinking about it...

Taking my time and enjoying everything they have to offer. Only reason I may want to get to max level quicker is for WvW which looks fantastic

10+ Year Old Account
    since you get down leveled for just about everything zone wise you might aswell take your time

I'll take my time... I guess I won't have that much free time to rush... I prefer to think that way so if I'm not able to play that much everyday I won't get frustrated.-

I am taking the slow route and exploring. It sounds like they're going to make the zones very interesting as well as add hidden areas that take some digging to get to. The game world looks great and it is all brand new to me. Plus it sounds like content scales well enough that you don't feel like you have to run out and hit max level in order to do anything relevant.

It is flat, but doesn't mean it will be fast to level. As stated by above posters.
    Last edited by Allanon the Mystic; 2012-02-29 at 09:55 PM.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

I will probably be taking my time, however, according to my friends I am apparently a extremely fast leveler lol.

However, I will probably be out of the country when the game is released cause of my internship -- which kinda sucks since I won't be there for the big release, and the "first day" experiences and what not

Depends on when it comes out :P

If it comes out before mid-may probably take mine time as school needs my attention more o.O

If it comes out after finals however, I'm going all in 10+ hour days!

Will be taking my time, but will be playing a lot so it will most likely still go very fast. Will be going back and forth doing DE's and WvW to level, plus lots of exploring.

Hopefully release falls during a time I can take off work a few days and have a long weekend to enjoy the game more in the beginning.

i normally rush to max lvl, but i hope GW2 will change that and ill enjoy the game as much as when i was leveling in classic wow :]
    Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.

Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably level at a quicker pace on my main and get to max level faster than normal. Once I hit it I'll enjoy exploring and leveling at a more leisurely pace on alts.
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

I'm taking my time. I'll have to consciously slow myself down, but I'll try my best to stay away from 80 for as long as possible... in the beginning anyway. When I get close to 80, I'll take right off!