Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Newegg shipping time

Yay, my new SSD shipped this morning. In in another 2-4 weeks I am going to order a new motherboard, I want one that is native SATA III capable, as my current one only works in Raid 0 which pisses me off. If I work some overtime this week and next though, I might order it earlier and snag some RAM as well. I decided to keep my Define Mini case as I don't need a full blown tower and my case will fit any of the current 7900 cards that AMD has, hell it fits up to a 400mm card with one of the cages removed, and I only need one cage anyway so I could probably run two 7950's in Crossfire without issues, worst case is modify the cage so the two cards fit.

Please don't make off-topic posts in the major threads. Thanks. /Marest
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-02-29 at 03:31 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Consider yourself lucky. Every time I order from Newegg, it takes well over a week to get here.
    How much further from New Jersey can you be from me? Depending on what you order, and where it ships from would depend on the length of transit between leaving the warehouse and arriving at your door. Most times I order something that ships from New Jersey and it takes Newegg 3 business days to get to me. The fact that I ordered the drive on a Sunday and they came to my door a 1 PM today while I was at work, surprises me. When I buy a new motherboard and GPU I will no doubt be getting express delivery, since that crap generally comes from California and takes a week even for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    How much further from New Jersey can you be from me? Depending on what you order, and where it ships from would depend on the length of transit between leaving the warehouse and arriving at your door. Most times I order something that ships from New Jersey and it takes Newegg 3 business days to get to me. The fact that I ordered the drive on a Sunday and they came to my door a 1 PM today while I was at work, surprises me. When I buy a new motherboard and GPU I will no doubt be getting express delivery, since that crap generally comes from California and takes a week even for me.
    She lives in Canada, where shipping is hideously slow and taxing on parts.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Uhh, so do I? I live like 45 minutes from Toronto. It's about 500 miles from here to Edison, NJ where one of the Newegg warehouses is, it's 930 miles from Halifax to Edison. I guess being almost double the distance might make some difference, however not the difference between one day and a week unless they are shipping it ground through Ontario and Quebec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh, so do I? I live like 45 minutes from Toronto. It's about 500 miles from here to Edison, NJ where one of the Newegg warehouses is, it's 930 miles from Halifax to Edison. I guess being almost double the distance might make some difference, however not the difference between one day and a week unless they are shipping it ground through Ontario and Quebec.
    I assumed if you ordered from NewEgg CA it shipped from a Canada distribution center. My apologies. :<

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    I assumed if you ordered from NewEgg CA it shipped from a Canada distribution center. My apologies. :<
    Nah, we only have NCIX here in Canada. Newegg opened up their retail website, however they don't have stores or warehouses in this country yet. I hope they do some day, though I really doubt it's going to have an impact on the prices seeing as how the difference between Newegg.ca and Newegg.com is about at 10% price difference which does actually cover the import costs pretty darn well. It's not a big deal really, some stuff I prefer to get from NCIX because their store in Mississauga is easier for me to drive to then pay 35+ dollars for shipping cases which takes longer. So long as they have it in stock at the store anyway, if not they have a few warehouses in the area and shipping is cheap since it's not being brought across the border. Unfortunately NCIX's prices are a little bit higher, but they are swell to price match when you go to the store

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Basically what happens is Newegg always does some awful UPS service for express saver shipping. The stuff takes a day to get out, stays in the US for like... 3 or 4 days before crossing over, takes another day and a half to get from Montréal to Halifax, then is delayed another 2 days because UPS is completely useless and can never find my address.

Unless what I order ships out of Vancouver, everything I get on NCIX arrives next day.

Anyway, no more off topic shipping shenanigans!

a) Should I mount the fan facing DOWN? Because the bottom of the case isn't actually filtered, while the sidepanels of the computer is.
    Being that hot air rises, I don't think you should. Aren't the Raven cases designed to suck air in from below and blow heat out the top?
    red panda red panda red panda!

The result of living in Hawaii is that the only way I can ship is 2 day air. Which is actually great, since it usually ships from the California warehouse and arrives a day early =)

As in: Pay for 2 day air, get product in 1 day.

Win.

I live in the GTA and it usually takes 2-3 business days using purolator ground.