Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    to be honest, I can't wait for this game anymore....it looks so fabulous, the fight, the things you can do...some more days

God damn, some guy in my Physics class talked about how much he wanted AC3 as we were leaving class. I'm so psyched to get it but this fucking hurricane. Probably won't get it till Saturday.

Btw, no spoilers, but I just wanna say "I told you so" to all the people that said this game would be heavily biased towards Americans. I might have just given 25 American soldiers a handaxe to the face.

I've been playing for about 14 hours straight now, and I think I'm technically just under the halfway point, but I have a metric fuckton of side stuff to do. I love this game so far, my only complaint is all the fucking wolves in the Frontier, since combat with animals is almost entirely QTE based.

A couple of missions have been pretty difficult to get 100% on, but that's not a bad thing imo. Still I've managed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching FusionCap's walkthrough. Quite enjoyable so far. Really looking forward to picking up the PC version when it comes out.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

cant wait for it couple more hrs! for me.

Deleted
    cant wait to get a new tv so i can play this on my xbox :< want to kill me some redcoats!

15+ Year Old Account
    I've got a feeling this ending will get way more rage than Mass Effect 3's ending, what the hell kind of ending was this, really, especially after all of that build up?
    No seriously, spoiler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    I've got a feeling this ending will get way more rage than Mass Effect 3's ending, what the hell kind of ending was this, really, especially after all of that build up?
    No seriously, spoiler.
    Oh yeah, I expect rage galore.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 01:21 PM ----------

That reminds me. Anyone else hoping AC4's protagonist is female? You have that portable game with the girl. Is Desmond animusing that one too?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Oh yeah, I expect rage galore.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 01:21 PM ----------

That reminds me. Anyone else hoping AC4's protagonist is female? You have that portable game with the girl. Is Desmond animusing that one too?
    Would be nice to pick and customize it, and maybe give more control over that character when they're out of the animus. But yea, I would not mind a female, would make things very interesting. Especially that one data log about the female ninja assassin in china or some place.

Long time AC fan right back to the original and absolutely loving this latest release. Bloody mind blowing to be honest.

However,has anyone else experienced or noticed the complete and utter lack of ambient music outside of missions or combat? Its really bothering me personally,but im not sure if its a glitch or intentional game design since its literally just been released and everyone is playing lol

Im playing it on a 360 and have it installed to HDD. Outside of actual missions or combat the game world is completely silent in terms of music. Id love to hear from other players regarding this issue.

I really hope its not intentional because wandering around Boston or the Frontier with nothing but the generic sounds of daily life is rather souless for an AC game imo =(

Man, I can't stop playing.

The combat is definitely the most epic I've seen in any game ever, and to top it off the graphics are really good too, much better than the other AC's.

Whether or not it's better than II remains to be seen, but I can definitely see it being so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by _Myth_ View Post
    Long time AC fan right back to the original and absolutely loving this latest release. Bloody mind blowing to be honest.

However,has anyone else experienced or noticed the complete and utter lack of ambient music outside of missions or combat? Its really bothering me personally,but im not sure if its a glitch or intentional game design since its literally just been released and everyone is playing lol

Im playing it on a 360 and have it installed to HDD. Outside of actual missions or combat the game world is completely silent in terms of music. Id love to hear from other players regarding this issue.

I really hope its not intentional because wandering around Boston or the Frontier with nothing but the generic sounds of daily life is rather souless for an AC game imo =(
    Yup, it's dead silent, it'd be nothing but that random chanting and beating drums and whistle you hear during Conner's first mission/s. I believe it was intentional. It adds too it for me. You can hear everything, animals and critters rustling in the leaves when you're hunting, enemies near or far, city life, and some random conversations. After awhile, the music would just get boring anyway. I enjoy it, personally.

For me, I love Assassin's Creed 2 for the storyline, the quest, and how amazing the last hour or two of that game, going to assassinate the priest, and the last cutscene in the vault, with that music. Just perfection. This one is good in it's very own way, but 2 still remains "best" for me. The cities and landscapes in this game are the most beautiful in the series, and navel battles are pretty damn epic. It adds alot of new features, wonder if most of them stay in the next installment.

Anyone else have their recruit die, and unable to get him back, or get another?

The game is stunning except for all its glitches. I really think ubisoft needs to patch the glitches out because i think more of my awesome kills have been ruined by glitches than not.

Deleted
    The game is a blast, so far. I am at Sequence 09, but already passed 30 hours mark. (Synchronization: 75%) Apart from some not-so-serious-but-annoying-nonetheless bugs and 2nd Desmond mission, I am really having great fun. Naval combat is amazing, story is pretty solid and all the new game systems (especially Homestead) are working really well. Although I wonder if they will end the story properly, I really hope I won't be disappointed.
    Last edited by mmoc62cf36228c; 2012-11-01 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Yup, it's dead silent, it'd be nothing but that random chanting and beating drums and whistle you hear during Conner's first mission/s. I believe it was intentional. It adds too it for me. You can hear everything, animals and critters rustling in the leaves when you're hunting, enemies near or far, city life, and some random conversations. After awhile, the music would just get boring anyway. I enjoy it, personally.

For me, I love Assassin's Creed 2 for the storyline, the quest, and how amazing the last hour or two of that game, going to assassinate the priest, and the last cutscene in the vault, with that music. Just perfection. This one is good in it's very own way, but 2 still remains "best" for me. The cities and landscapes in this game are the most beautiful in the series, and navel battles are pretty damn epic. It adds alot of new features, wonder if most of them stay in the next installment.
    Thanks for replying =) I suppose its different for each person,i personally loved the ambient music in the previous AC titles..just wandering around the cities taking it all in etc. It kind of saddens me that there is no such music in AC 3. However,it wont bother me nearly as much knowning that it is an intentional design choice and not my 360 blowing up lol.

FFXIII-2 was my game of the year till this one. This game easily tops it for me the whole revolutionary war theme is awesome

Game is good, (Desmond bits were delicious TBH).

Only bad things were 2: Random glitches and the ending.

Ending was seriously disappointing (I'd say maybe more so than the mass effect 3, I've just played the first one, (trust me I like it as well) I heard rumors about the ending, I hoped it wasn't true (yeah I am being melodramatic atm :/)

Also How can we check mail after the ending?

I liked the ending. I'll get into specifics in the spoiler section, but in general, I was expecting so much worse. And no, this isn't 1/50th as bad as ME3's ending. This is not a total buttfuckery that has ruined the entire series and made me never want to play it again. Calm the fuck down, no need to punch kittens.

So it's pretty obvious at this point that there will be an AC4. And I'll bet 20 bucks Desmond isn't dead. That device didn't exactly incinerate his body. Since there was no visible damage, I think everything that happened there was mental. And since Subject 16 jumped into Desmond in Revelations, claiming that he would save Desmond, I'm willing to bet good ol' Clay took the proverbial mind bullet for Desmond. And even if Desmond is dead, that's hardly a big loss for the franchise. He was one of the least interesting characters, and while he did have a lot of buildup via the bleeding effect, he could still be replaced by a different protagonist.

On a more philosophical note; I do believe Desmond went out as a Templar. He chose the pragmatic route, order and safety over freedom and letting human nature run its course. Instead of letting what happens happen, he made a decision to alter the course of human history with no consent from the masses. That's exactly the decision Haytham would have made. He altered the lives of people from their natural course. In my mind, dead or not, Desmond is a Templar.

And perhaps this is just game mechanics, but how did the epilogue scene with Connor play if Desmond is really dead? Everything with Connor is just Desmond's genetic memory being read by the Animus. The fact that we were shown a cutscene with Connor after the point where he buried the amulet is in my mind further proof that Desmond is alive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I liked the ending. I'll get into specifics in the spoiler section, but in general, I was expecting so much worse. And no, this isn't 1/50th as bad as ME3's ending. This is not a total buttfuckery that has ruined the entire series and made me never want to play it again. Calm the fuck down, no need to punch kittens.
    I'll play them as long as they keep making them, the twisted history and random things that happen in it make the series for me. I miss finding Subject 6's glyphs, doing puzzles, and finding out some secrets/conspiracys about an alternate history. Would love it if they added that back in the next one. The ending just felt rushed though, 7 minutes of the two chicks fighting, and Desmond just automatically making the choice, boom, he "faints". And that's it. Endings like this work for Game of Thrones series finale, but not a game that will possibly be 3 years down the road.