Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzrishi View Post
    man! this is NOT going to work in the long run.
    i am kinesiology major and have taken some nutrition class. so i can boldly tell you, this is BAD for you in the long run. this kind of diet will put much stress on your kidney and liver, the two organs that break down protein. also, this all protein - no CHO no fat diet will turn ur body acidic rather than alkaline(our body are suppose to be function normally in a slightly alkaline state). continue this diet, and you will get kidney failure or other kidney problem, guaranteed.
    if you want to lose weight, just make sure you eat around 2000kcal of food a day, plus cardio, CARDIO IS THE ONLY WAY! but do not try to perform intense cardio exercise, but instead perform cardio at around 50~60% of your VO2max. because if you perform intense cardio, then your body will use the glycogen in your muscle and liver instead of your fat. so, conclusion, maintain a diet that provides you just enough calories for your basal metabolic function and perform long duration(60mins and above) mid~low intensity cardio exercise. just try to walk from school to home everyday at a slightly faster than normal pace.
    this diet is just like atkin bullshit diet.
    NO DIET STRATEGY will contribute much to weight loss in the long run. by lowering ur diet you are essentially lowering your basal metabolic rate, because the body will lower it to accommodate lower calorie intake, and when you resume your normal caloric intake, your body will not increase its basal metabolic rate. so guess what, you gain weight right back up and will be hard to shake those extra pound off. this is also way some people get anorexia nervosa, because eating less will not help to lose weight. EXERCISE IS THE ONLY WAY.
    Tell this to the people at http://www.bodybuilding.com/
    it has worked pretty well for them. And me.

Let me just clear this up.

1) The entire family is on this and shedding the weight, and no it's just on scales, the physical changes are happening on the body and it is very plain to see.

2) We're not ONLY eating meats only and thats it, there is many steps to the diet. Protein only was for the first week, second week is protein+veg, then protien, then protein+veg.

3) You eventually get back onto having breads/cheese/fruits, but you start slowly to reintroduce those food groups.

4) The entire family has never looked and felt so healthy since we can all last remember, we're not going around dizzy or sick or tired, everyone has really high energy levels and really enjoying the results.

5) We're not starving ourselves, we're EASILY consuming more calories on this diet then we were before eating normally, there is no calorie limiting....there is no portion control, you eat when you want whenever you want. It's actually teaching good eating habits because the protein is very filling and doesn't keep you going back every hour or so for a little snack like sugar products do.

6) As a family we've discussed it and everyone wants to keep doing for as long as we can, but we're not stupid we understand eating meat all the time can become boring but we're buying all different types of meats/fish and it's all lean meat....no fat, all natural oils from the meat/fish only, no added oils or anything.

As of right now it's costing about $600 a week, but I am sure the price will fall down a lot once we start having protein only days only 3/7 days or 1/7 days (like it is once your true weight balances out)

I am having thousands of calories per day of fresh, lean protein....and I am losing weight and gaining definition (while not even exercising, I STOPPED exercising the day we started this eating plan)..............If i was eating thousands of calories of mc-donalds a day I'd 100% be gaining weight. This works the same way with the fruitiarian diets....those fruitian guys eat 3000-4000 calories per day of fruit...yet they dont gain weight...if you ate 3000-4000 calories of maccas....you WOULD gain. BECAUSE ITS NOT ABOUT CALORIE IN/OUT, ITS ALL ABOUT THE FOOD YOU EAT.

Swear the whole exercise/calorie in-/-out concept is bullshit, and my family is living proof of it right now.
    Last edited by primusl0l; 2012-03-02 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by primusl0l View Post
    and it's all lean meat....no fat, all natural oils from the meat/fish only, no added oils or anything.
    One thing to note is that (not just for meat, cooking veggies or whatever else) olive oil is actually quite good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallixenia View Post
    The second you stop doing this and start eating carbs, even if it's small amounts, your body is going to panic and dump it all right back to fat.
    This pretty much. And my doc has me on a mostly meat diet though i can eat som plants and yeah glad it ends next week. Pizza here i come oh god yes pizza a nice chicago style deepdish pizza....better check with my doc actually seeing as we're working on curing my diabeties(which she has done before give it up for naturopaths).

Deleted
    This sounds very keto-like.

Decent for a quick cut but not good in the long run.

Also, don't underestimate how full protein makes you feel compared to carbs.

Deleted
    Done it for a month, hated it not my cup of tea at all

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I came into this thread with "This sounds like a diet made up by Duke Nukem."

I was right.

More ironically that this diet consists of a mainstay of meat products and it's call "Dukan" because you won't be doing very much "Dukan" on that diet.

*rimshot*

(I apologize if this post is nonconstructive.)

Easiest way to not gain weight is to not eat the fat on meat. I can't stand when people actually eat that crap and complain they can't lose weight.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2012-03-10 at 05:40 PM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Eat all the protein you "can" is more like it. Go ahead and eat 7000 calories a day in protein, and you won't lose weight.

You could get the same results eating any amount of calories under your daily budget, this is just causing you to pay a lot more to do it.

This sounds like one of the worst ideas I've heard. Your body needs MORE than just protein. If you want to lose weight, follow a real diet. Switch to whole grains instead of processed garbage. Want a snack? Put down the potato chips and pick up some wheat thins or something similar. Go buy a bottle of water and a water purifying machine. Want a drink? Put down the soda and fill that water bottle, drink that.
    Protein, eat more lean protein, it'll fill you up faster.
    Carbs - eat healthy carbs, not the junk food carbs.
    Fat - eat healthy fats, think peanuts, pecans, anything in the nut family is healthy. They're also packed with protein.

Also, OP is underestimating the amount of calories he's taking in and he used to take in. You probably dropped a thousand calories per day from soda, if you stopped those. Meats are low in calories, if you actually look up a serving size and how many calories are in it versus something you used to eat and how many calories are in that, you wouldn't say you're taking in MORE calories, you'd realize you probably dropped 2k calories from your diet. A lot of people take in 3-4k calories per day without realizing it because they don't know how to count calories properly, or they just didn't try.

Dukan has been rated among the worst for long-term weight loss results. It is easy to gain 10 or more pounds back in a week if you cheat on the diet.