Deleted

Diablo 3 collecting

I was wondering, in Diablo 3. Will there be things to collect, like achievements, any sort of those things, like in wow? I NEED THINGS TO COLLECT

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to Diablo 3

Quote Originally Posted by vesri View Post
    I was wondering, in Diablo 3. Will there be things to collect, like achievements, any sort of those things, like in wow? I NEED THINGS TO COLLECT
    did you play diablo 2? because trust me there will be tons of gear to collect. as for achievements i really dont see diablo 3 needing those. its just not an achievment type game.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

There are achievements in Diablo 3. There is a lot of farming possible too (if you liked vanilla wow for things like herbs for flasks back in the days you may like this) such as gems, dyes, etc.

One of the biggest collection items is gonna be blacksmithing/jewelcrafting pages. Iirc you need like 100 pages for the final smithing level alone and like 500 for JC, it's constantly been changing though so my numbers might be off. And of course you'll need a boatload of magics/rares to salvage for the materials necessary to makes the items, then unless you're lucky you'll probably get stats you don't want at least half a dozen times and need to re-craft and so on and so forth. Patterns for the best items will likely be rare/expensive as well. Add in gems and the fact that any non-crafted gear is a totally random drop and you're looking at some solid farm time.

Deleted
    Absolutely. There is an achievement system; although we don't know what all the achievements will be yet at blizzcon 2011 they said there would be "hundreds" of achievements to gain. You also get a "banner", and as you progress and achieve things in game, things like colours and sigils become unlocked for your banner, with hardcore players getting a different banner border I think.

"Think you're better than all of your friends? Your banner will prove it. The banner system will be a visual representation of the achievements players earn across all of their Diablo III characters on their Battle.net account. A player’s banner will have multiple components that can be earned through various modes of gameplay. Completing different parts of the game at different difficulty levels, defeating bosses, earning achievements in PvP, and earning various other achievements will unlock ways for players to customize their banner and show off their progress in the game. "

Obviously gear and farming is a massive part of gameplay, and there are sets to collect too... but just "collecting" the perfect gear is likely to be a massive undertaking

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    One of the biggest collection items is gonna be blacksmithing/jewelcrafting pages. Iirc you need like 100 pages for the final smithing level alone and like 500 for JC, it's constantly been changing though so my numbers might be off. And of course you'll need a boatload of magics/rares to salvage for the materials necessary to makes the items, then unless you're lucky you'll probably get stats you don't want at least half a dozen times and need to re-craft and so on and so forth. Patterns for the best items will likely be rare/expensive as well. Add in gems and the fact that any non-crafted gear is a totally random drop and you're looking at some solid farm time.
    They removed pages, it just costs gold now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    Oh bummer, was kind of looking forward to collecting those things. Thanks for the info though

Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    It only cost gold in normal or at least up to lvl 4. To get to let's say blacksmithing lvl 5 right now in the beta, you need 1000 gold & 25 page of blacksmithing. I'm pretty sure those will drop in nightmare or late in normal since items that can be crafted are around lvl 24-25 at the end of lvl 4 blacksmith.