10+ Year Old Account

Question Call of Duty MW3 advice needed

So let my start by saying I did quite well in MW1 & 2. But I seem to suck something fierce in MW3. I recent picked it up and I'm level 22~my K is 0.468. I know the controls and I am learning the maps. But it seems people can kill me with 2-4 shots, while it takes me almost a full clip to take someone down.

You guys got any advice on what perks/weapons/specials to use or a website that can help me up my game play?
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

10+ Year Old Account
    Use the ACR or Type 95 then come back and tell how that works out for you.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    as far as I know, this is because MW3 is out for rather long, and people have unlocked the best weapons and upgrades by now. it's a bit like entering PvP as a new 85 in WoW, until you've gained some items, you're not going to kill many people.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    as far as I know, this is because MW3 is out for rather long, and people have unlocked the best weapons and upgrades by now. it's a bit like entering PvP as a new 85 in WoW, until you've gained some items, you're not going to kill many people.
    False. You can be level 1 in COD and still own some end level players in top prestige - if you're good enough. It's easier when you get better weapons of course, but well.. yeah :P

http://www.youtube.com/user/TmarTn?feature=g-all-u link to a guy named TmarTn that uploads SHIT LOADS of AWESOME FREAKING TIPS AND TRICKS OMGOGMOGMGOM!

No realy, you'll learn everything you need to know from his vids. What weapon to use if you're a SMG/Assoult/sniper/LMG player, what secondary to use, what perks, KS rewards, prenade spots, and as I said: EVERYTHING.

Good luck, one day you'll probably get your first M.O.A.B aswell It's damn awesome the first time you'll get that one (And it dosnt even end the game as in MW2's nuke^^)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

If you were fairly good in the first two it will come once you have learned the maps and tactics players take. The weapons only do so much to help. (I have not unlocked any weapons to carry over to the next prestige) and I am still very successful when I re-prestige in the game. I hate not having Dead Silence, but I survive.

Just give it some more time, you have a lot of people with A LOT more time spent playing the game already than you have. Once you hit level 80 if you are still having this problem then it might be time to re-evaluate what you are doing.

Giving you my perspective as a casual COD player, 3rd prestige in MW3 currently 2.45 K/D and the previous 2 games I had roughly about the same K/D so everything tends to even out with your skills once you learn the basics.

EDIT: I have found with my playstyle that I am very successful with Predator Missile > Attack helicopter > Strafe Run at lower then level 55. Once you get Dead Silence switch to Attack Helicopter > Strafe Run > Pave Low
    Last edited by FallenSystm; 2012-03-02 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Added Killlstreak Suggestion

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, weapons and perks matter, but the Scar can do until you get ACR. You get most useful perks early and assassin is not too far in.

From what I have seen range is a bigger factor, or at least it seems that way to me. You can't just use an assault rifle and pick off people at range unless you plant a few bullets in them. There is much less running and knifing, which I think is great.

For me it is just getting familiar with a few setups and comfortable with maps. I am on 2nd prestige and I am still learning the maps. There are very few places to hide and all areas are connected somehow. I am far from being great, but I average about a 1:1 and usually that drops because I play rather reckless and have no issue dying if I can secure a point or collect several kill confirms.

Find your niche and stick to what you are good at. I know I am best at mid-range combat so I try to avoid enclosed spaces and kill alleys. I know I am not Mr. K/D so I try to pick up slack other ways. I usually average about 1.5-2k points. Not game breaker, but not a liability
    I like sandwiches

If you are into playing the game competitively and actually care about you k/d and such, I would heavily recommend playing Black Ops instead.

Haven't played CoD in a while, but played at a high level / professionally for a while during Black Ops and MW2. Most people will probably think these are common sense, but whatever.

Grenades:

Always utilize your grenades, If you look on your minimap and see no team-mates in that area, throw a stun or frag into the area and check for hit markers. It's usually personal preference as to which special you use, but I'd recommend stun as it throws out faster (Atleast that's what it was like in MW2 and B.O). The most important thing is to not throw your grenades aimlessly into the sky, look for angles that you can use, and always cook it for a few seconds. Learning grenade spots is all good, but the best / clutchest grenades are the ones that let you know an area
    is clear.

Recoil:

Without seeing actual gameplay footage of you playing, I can only assume that you're going full auto with your gun, which is probably why you're missing your shots. Just relax your finger off the trigger a bit. From my MW2 / B.O days, I would generally fire a 3 or 4 shot burst, and then stop for half a second to reset recoil. That way your shots will always be on target. With that being said, if you're in a close range encounter, just hold your trigger down, whereas at range use bursts / trigger control to ensure than you hit the target. Always aim centre mass also, usually the recoil of guns will make the scope / irons kick up to the head, and you'll find that you will probably score a headshot anyway.

Movement:

Don't sprint everywhere, you may want to rush into the battle and get kills, but this is garunteed to get you killed. Sprint when you know for a fact that there will be no enemies around, or if you've just cleared an area. The reason you don't sprint everywhere is that you have to 're-draw' your gun after each sprint, meaning you can't shoot instantly coming out of sprint, which means you're going to die.

During battles you need to make sure to strafe, search up some Halo strafing videos if you want some ideas on how to strafe. By moving / jumping / crouching you'll be able to put your opponent off especially if they're leading their shots. With that being said, you need to keep your strafe sporadic, having an identical strafe will make you a predictable player.

Watch the minimap, It's fine to stick around your team mates, and try to team shot enemies down, however it's equally a good idea to stay far away from your team mates. Call of Duty players are extremelly predictable, in the sense that they will always rush with a group and go to where massive brawls are. By taking flank routes / staying away from your team you can sneak up on opponents. If your opponent can't see you, you'll be garunteed a kill.

Weapons and Killstreaks:

Since I have little hands on experience with weapons in MW3, I can only say that you need to stick to a weapon / sensitivity for a while before you'll get good with it. Constantly changing weapons will fuck you over during a match, as will changing sensitivity. Personally I always use Red Dots on my guns, it's personal preference, but I find they're better for aiming that using the irons. Killstreaks wise, make sure you have UAV, knowing the position of enemies is far more important than anything else in the game.

Communication:

Get a microphone and communicate with your team. Trying to capture a node in domination? Co-ordinate with your team for one person to capture it with others blocking spawns / spawn killing enemies.

Prowess at CoD and other shooter games as always, comes from experience. Keep a cool head, and try to analyze where the enemy likes to go, with that information you can figure out the best routes to take. After your first or second prestige, you'll probably begin to realize and understand the common routes that people take, and how predictable their movements are. If you want to work on your KD, focus on having a solid close range game, and a solid shot.

With all this being said, being naturally talented helps too, I played All CoD's and Halo's at a very very high level, so as a result I probably had better awareness compared to the average player coming into CoD MW3.

Hope anything I've said has helped you out, Just tough it out and put in enough practice and you'll be running flawless games in no time .

MW2 and BO Kd's were around 4 ~ 5 with Tournament KD's being at around 2 and 3.4 respectively :|.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I'm level 15 and I always top the scores.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Please keep all MW3 discussion to the megathread.