leveling question - seal & blessing

leveling a pala and now i'm 56 so i just got the BoM.

what seal and blessing should i use when:

1 - tanking
    2 - dps

have been using the seal that gives extra mana when tanking, i guess one dont use it all the way or do you?

have understood that SoR is good when dps'ing against multiple mobs and SoT against single. but which should i use as tank?

and which blessing for each role?

A lot depends on group comp.

Do you have a druid? If so, then use Might. If not, what do you think is going to benefit the group more? You could even go out of the way and get the Blessing of Kings Scroll so you can just do both.

For Seals...Seal of Truth as far as I know. It's all I used while leveling. If you're DPS and your tank is AoE pulling (4+ mobs), then use SoR coupled with Divine Storm.
    Can't have a crusade without crusader aura.

Deleted
    bom always wins if you don't have the 20% ap source from somewhere else.

when tank -> it increases the vengeance ap by 20%

when dps it incrases ap by 20%!!

5% stre is nothing compared to 20% ap

seal of truth + seal of truth glyph for prot and ret. -> if you don't got yet ( i can't remmber leve lyou do) use righteousness for both.
    the extra expertise will stop you geting dodge/parry when you attack which is worth mroe than mana back when you melle

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    bom always wins if you don't have the 20% ap source from somewhere else.

when dps it incrases ap by 20%!!

seal of truth + seal of truth glyph for prot and ret. -> if you don't got yet ( i can't remmber leve lyou do) use righteousness for both.
    the extra expertise will stop you geting dodge/parry when you attack which is worth mroe than mana back when you melle
    great answer, thanks! (had some problems with mana earlier, might not be same now at 60?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post

You're forgetting about the added stamina when tanking. That stamina translates into better survivability and bigger vengeance which means more dps and more threat. Plus the dps and threat from the Strength.

When in group with a Druid, always use BoM, no doubt about that. But when you do NOT have a Druid, I believe most people in your group would prefer BoK. Stamina for all means more time for a healer to react in a bad situation. Strength and Agility directly translates into more dps for melee and hunters, making that crappy situation end faster. Same with intellect for casters, but the healers will LOVE you for giving them that bit extra mana, which might actually make them able to keep you all alive in the crappy situation.

Saying one Blessing is always better than the other, is just plain wrong. It totally depends on your group and what you are doing. Most people feel better with a Kings than they do with a Might, if they have to choose. Even if Might turns out to be a 10% increase in damage done for that group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roostah View Post
    leveling a pala and now i'm 56 so i just got the BoM.

what seal and blessing should i use when:

1 - tanking
    2 - dps

have been using the seal that gives extra mana when tanking, i guess one dont use it all the way or do you?

have understood that SoR is good when dps'ing against multiple mobs and SoT against single. but which should i use as tank?

and which blessing for each role?
    As ret, Seal of Righteousness right until you get Seal of Truth. Then Seals of Truth all the way unless you have 4 or more mobs, when you use SoR (assuming you spec into Seals of Command - no reason not to) together with Divine Storm.

As tank, ditch Seal of Righteousness the moment you get Seal of Truth (think you should have it by now). Never ever use Seal of Light in a group setting unless it's an emergency (for example, your healer died and you just need to survive long enough to beat the encounter or for the healer to be resurrected). Bad paladins use Seal of Light because they have mana problems. Between judging on cooldown and Sanctuary (and not using Consecrate carelessly), you should never have mana problems.

SoR is useless to you as a tank, it doesn't hit multiple mobs, so don't use that.

As for blessings, shetan and Ambrodel gave good advice. Remember, you're not locked to any single seal or blessing. Good players switch according to the situation.

For purposes of leveling, trash will generally die faster than you can seal swap and get a DS off. Now, if your tank is doing some massive pulling and bringing one pack to the next, it might be viable but from what I've experienced while leveling alts, most tanks and/or healers are uncomfortable with this.

So, use SoR for now and swap to SoT once you have it.

As others have said, you'll generally use BoM (Might) most of the time unless a druid isn't present. Should your group be a little heavy on casters (but still no druid), it may favor using (BoK) Kings. If it's melee/AP heavy, I suggest Might instead. When in doubt, check out your healer/tank and see if they may need the extra HP boost that Kings can offer.

If a druid is present, Might is the only thing you should use. I think that's pretty much universal.
    For other groups I look at the DPS makeup. If at least 2 of my DPS (including me if I'm Ret) are melee, then I use Might. If I'm the only melee or my DPS makeup has 2 ranged DPS, then I use Kings.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

thanks, i guessed there were no simple answers. but thanks for your guidance!