Thread: Metal Work!

Metal Work!

Picked this up at the Ren Fest, Thought it looked really similar to the GW2 logo. Great Metal Worker at the Ren Fest here in florida. Picked it up 5 years ago, thought it was crazy how similar it was to the logo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lawsuit time?

Deleted
    Heh, I don't really see it beyond the colour. The GW2 one is more of a dragon while this looks more like a winged serpent with the long slender body.

The question is,

Who will sue who?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Sorry to say, but not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Arenanet has a copyright on dragons. They should sue WoW, so many dragons in that game too.

Reminds of backtrack logo for some reason ><

Deleted
    While it doesn't resemble the logo it does look fairly cool and I can see why you'd think it does.
    Nice find in either case.

That looks like a fairly standard depiction of a dragon from one of several eastern methos. While in the west dragons are depicted as more of a large body with wings tail and a long neck tacked on(think most WoW dragons) eastern dragons tended to be more serpentine, normaly with wings but legs were optional. The GW2 logo is little more than the head and neck of the dragon that fades to a blur part way down the neck of the 2 and then fades back in showing a claw for the base. There's no good way to tell if its depecting a weastern or eastern style dragon but either way since that shows a full body its not really anything like GW2's logo other than the color and both involve dragons.

Who is John Galt?