Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What do you think monks mastery will be?

As the title says it, what do you think the monks mastery will be? Think blizz will give them unique mastery bonuses, or will they just be plain boring like some of the other classes/specs mastery. But just leave some ideas on what you think the mastery bonus would be! just say what spec its for and i hope to see some good ideas!

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I hadn't thought of it. Perhaps the Brewmaster's mastery will effect their brews (assuming that's a big mechanic for them). Maybe the Mistweaver's mastery will have something to do with dps and heal synergy (similar to Resto Druid's Harmony). Dpsing increasing the effectiveness of heals. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Brewmaster - Drunken Master: The alcohol's intensity in your system increasing allowing you to dodge enemy attacks more easily by 20% (think WC3) increasing by 1.5% per mastery point.

Windwalker - Precision (Yeh, I'm not good at coming up with the mastery names): Your combat skills have a 10% chance to hit an enemy's weak point dealing x amount of physical damage increase by 2% per mastery point.

Mistwalker - Healing Hands: Your physical heals have a 10% chance to summon a spirit of a jade serpent which heals allies within its range, this increases by 1.2% per mastery point.
    Last edited by Cheebie; 2012-03-02 at 04:15 PM. Reason: formatting

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.. something i just randomly started thinking of, but i think you have a good point with the mastery. I was thinking about mistweaver's and it's probably going to be that, like every point of mastery would be something like every X. damage you do increases your healing by Y or so and haven't really thought about brewmaster or the dps spec ( forgot what it was called).

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Impossible to say without knowing more than 3 moves.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Tank spec-increases Agi by a ton
    DPS spec-Increases Agi by a ton
    Healing spec-increases Int by a ton

What can I say? Monks will be OP.

This is my opinion until we get more information.

I think the one for windwalker will be increases the dmg done by your chi regenerating abilities by x%.

Monk- Each point of mastery makes you more ridiculous

10+ Year Old Account
    Brewmaster: Drunken Endurance - Every time you consume one of your 'Potent Beverages' (these will be short term class buffs, there will be 3 or 4 per spec, and they will be swapped as the situation needs, think Vanilla paladin seals, but better.) you gain a x% increase to either your Armor, Dodge or Parry for 10 seconds, chosen at random. Extra mastery will increase that bonus by y%.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

each mastery point makes you roll further

Their mastery is in shaved heads. Obv.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Brewmaster

Barrel Smell - Have a chance to dizzy all targets within 3 yards by 12% for 3 seconds. Each point of Mastery increases the chance by an additional 1.5%.

Windwalker

Calm Before the Storm - Your critical attacks have a 16% chance to fully refill your Chi and 30% damage increase for the next attack. Each point of Mastery increases the chance by an additional 2.00%.

Mistweaver

Spirit of the Sacred Animals - Your healing spell grant you Spirits of the Sacred Animals.
    On the first heal the target heals for [Healing] + 25% of their total health and receives the Fury of the Serpent to increase their spirit with 15% for 2 minutes.
    The second heal the target heals for [healing] + 20% of their total health and receives Fury of the Peacock to increase haste with 15% for 2 minutes.
    The third heal the target heals for [healing] + 15% of their total health and receives Fury of the Monkey to increase hit rating with 15% for 2 minutes.
    The last heal the target heals for [healing] + 10% of their total health and receives Fury of the Tiger to increase attack power with 15% for 2 minutes.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2012-03-03 at 09:24 PM.

Let's break this down a bit, shall we?

First, healing. There are already 5 healing specs in the game, with five distinct Masteries which all affect heals and absorption. Increase magnitude of shields, placing shield on heal, placing HoT on heal, Heal more at low health, and empowering direct into HoTs. Each emphasizes its class's healing style. What we know so far about Monk Healing is that it is somewhat like current Atonement healing, where you do a little damage to generate your heals. Thus, I think it will be something like "Your attacks count as being 10% stronger for the purpose of X, Y, and Z, plus 1% per point of mastery (the letters being whatever the monk primary damage-into-heal mechanics are)

Second, tanks. We have four other tanking specs: increased armor, greater increased block chance, lesser block chance bonus plus critical block, and self-shielding off a main ability. We know almost nothing about Brewmaster monks... except that the Kung-Fu Tanking will probably take a real-life influence from Drunken Boxing. That style is known for unpredictability and odd movement causing most disciplines to miss most attacks. Thus, the mastery will likely either be an increase to Dodge or else key off of a dodging ability (perhaps damage reduction after an Evasion is used).

Last is DPS. Unfortunately, all we know is that they will be Leather-Wearing Dual-Weilders, with no autoattack and a Chi bar resource. From this, all I can surmise is a bonus Chi generation chance, a bonus on some kind of Chi state, or by how much of the resource you pool. Up in the air, big time.
    Last edited by PsyBomb; 2012-03-04 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    each mastery point makes you roll further
    I would be stacking so much mastery I would /roll once and end up in outlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    Let's break this down a bit, shall we?
    Second, tanks. We have four other tanking specs: increased armor, greater increased block chance, lesser block chance bonus plus critical block, and self-shielding off a main ability. We know almost nothing about Brewmaster monks... except that the Kung-Fu Tanking will probably take a real-life influence from Drunken Boxing. That style is known for unpredictability and odd movement causing most disciplines to miss most attacks. Thus, the mastery will likely either be an increase to Dodge or else key off of a dodging ability (perhaps damage reduction after an Evasion is used).
    I think it's more likely to be something proccing off dodge, that just flat +dodge, as if they did that why would pandaren ever socket/reforge mastery, when they can just use dodge and get the same effect? unless the two were on seperate DR, but that could get complex.

what I REALLY hope they don't do is recycle the druid mastery, and give it back to Monks something like 'whenever you use a Potent Brew/Dodge/crit/whatever you get a shield equal to x% of your AP, mastery increases the shield.'
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    I would be stacking so much mastery I would /roll once and end up in outlands
    roll a draenei, play sonic

Tanks: Increase Dodge

Dps: Increase chance to attack ignoring all armor which each mastery point

Healing: every time you heal, you have a chance to summon a jade serpent which heals for double the heal for each stack of mastery

Brewmaster-Beer Belly: Your belly can now be used to Parry attacks and adds to your parry rating accordingly. Or Noxious Fumes: Your incessant consumption of alchohol has increased your body oder to such levels that your opponent can barely stand to fight you, increasing your chance to dodge.

Mistweaver-Insufferable Cuteness: You are so cute and harmless that nobody wants to hurt you or your friends, reducing all damage received by those you heal and yourself.

Windwalker-Bouncing Ball of Doom: Your ability to bounce is heightened. You have a chance to strike opponents with an extra attack.
    Last edited by Primaliron; 2012-03-04 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primaliron View Post
    Brewmaster-Beer Belly: Your belly can now be used to Parry attacks and adds to your parry rating accordingly. Or Noxious Fumes: Your incessant consumption of alchohol has increased your body oder to such levels that your opponent can barely stand to fight you, increasing your chance to dodge.

Mistweaver-Insufferable Cuteness: You are so cute and harmless that nobody wants to hurt you or your friends, reducing all damage received by those you heal and yourself.

Windwalker-Bouncing Ball of Doom: Your ability to bounce is heightened. You have a chance to strike opponents with an extra attack.
    Beer Belly: not all monks are pandaren, not all races have big bellies;
    Noxious Fumes: ewww;
    Insufferable Cuteness: same as 1. orcs can't be cute;
    Bouncing Ball of Doom: same as 1. not all races are bouncy;

10+ Year Old Account
    "Makes you 10% fluffier. Fluffiness increases at 2.5% per point in Mastery"