Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited to use the mechanic when certain fights call for it.

But I'm sure it won't be a superior everyday option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfariessence View Post
    The question again is - why should so many of our talents/abilities have a tradeoff, regardless of how significant or insignificant they are? It would be one thing if at greater cost, it came with commensurately greater rewards (like maybe doing 5% more damage under realistic conditions than other non-nonsense DPSers), but if we require healers to babysit us on top of doing equal or 10% less damage than other classes, why would you ever choose to bring a warlock?
    While I don't actually have any issue with having a tradeoff, I think it adds flavour and allows the abilities to be a little more potent than they might otherwise be when counted in amongst other things. I think you do have a point, that the main tradeoff for the abilities should be that you don't get the other two talents in that tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    And that's why this MoP crap is so digusting.

" Our hope is that the Destruction Warlock will attract players who are interested in a playstyle that rewards spending resources at the right time, rather than constantly casting."

Translation: Our hope is that Mage, shadow;p, boomkin and everyone who want a Lock alt could play this class with one finger when they are in LFR.

Your main is a Warlock ? GTFO !!!
    I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    You guys excited to go "pet less"? Or rather frown on the idea. I see this term alot now on various warlock discussions regarding MOP and Iam kinda concerned, for now Iam gona talk destro and aff since iam sure demo petless wont be anyway viable.

Iam going out and say I hate the idea of being pet-less, Its ok they give us that option for certain fights, for example that option would be awsome at Alyzrazor flying, or Alakir p3

Iam afraid petless for aff/destro becomes the norm like it was at the end of TBC where you had no choise, even as destro less pet centric specs I like my pet in a RP way and the mechanics of it. I hope this gets decently balanced, but wow history says they cant, one always will be better look at Fury warrs 2h vs 1h DW they were never balanced. My option is that petless spec should always be inferior in DPS than a pet present one, this also opens another problem, those fights where we cant use pet and then spec the petless talent we will be subpar

It seems this petless situation, its just a carte blanche to the raid department so they can design raid content without pets in mind.

The moment I saw this talent it smelt bad for me, how they gona balance it, Iam sure most warlocks like and manage they pet well, while there are others that wouldn't mind to go petless, and then there are those players that hate warlocks mostly cause of us being a petclass(I know several ppl) and just love this talent so they can roll a petless warlock.

How is blizzard balance this? Make petless do less damge than a petable warlock, or make one of the specs rather petless, or worst make aff/destro petless via talent and Demo the only spec for petloving locks, its a tricky one for sure.

Im gona try Demo Petless , alot of mastery is re-worked and i think demos will be soon, like Destro isnt ALL fire damage its only like 3 spells...LIKE most masterys ( look at mages ) each master increase a hand full abilities and NOT a cor damage , so i dont think it will give demon and you damage i think it will just increase your damage while in meta form. if so going DEMON less will actually work. but u might lose some numbers on the hand of guldan crit buff, UNLESS it applys to all demons attacking the said area which means you would gain the buff in demo form..just some thought

10+ Year Old Account
    people overreacting as usual. i love the idea of being less dependent on a variable..i also love options.

Said it before and I'll say it again; any interaction with pets is extremely limited and it's an almost completely autonomous mechanic. The fact that I'll have the option to play without pets (holding off on any opinion from a dps perspective because I have no idea how it'll stack up compared to the other options) doesn't bother me in the slightest because, practically speaking, I really won't even notice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesk View Post
    Now, i may be wrong, but how im reading it, is that its a 1 of 3 talent choices, to which ill be picking the upgraded Demons or the second demon, as opposed to the sacrificing of it.

Or am i missing something else?
    Nope that's it. Each tier is themed, this tier is demon themed

Better demons, more demons, or being stronger without demons
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyz View Post
    To be honest, the pet mechanics in wow are clunky and poorly designed. Basically pet abilities are just like using one of your own abilities on a separate GCD if macroed. I like the idea of proccing demons from various effects way more than having a steady pet running alongside with me, not being anything but a bother.

I've never felt pets as the thing defining warlocks. If anything they're the thing I hate the most about the class.
    ^ Same feeling as me

Honestly I wouldn't mind it. The pet AI is simply infuriating at times and there are days I wish I could just get rid of them. Not that it matters that entire tier of talents is based on pet dps so one of those talents is going to give more damage than the other two so all the locks are going to choose that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't mind it. The pet AI is simply infuriating at times and there are days I wish I could just get rid of them. Not that it matters that entire tier of talents is based on pet dps so one of those talents is going to give more damage than the other two so all the locks are going to choose that one.
    Nononono. Warlocks don't want talents that do damage, or pet abilities that do damage. They want more newer pet abilities that give them more utility*, not some silly DPS boost. Grimoire of Supremacy will morph your demon so that all of your spells have green fire animations, and RP Warlocks everywhere will rejoice.

* that will make them more overpowered in PvP, forcing Blizzard to globally nerf them in some other way, or that will get used in 1% of all encounters of PvE.

I do agree that talents should not be an obvious dps increase, in that they would become almost mandatory.
    The very thing that overhaul is meant to avoid.
    If many fights prove to be multi-target then that is exactly what the sacrifice could become.
    Because the talent has significantly greater benefits on multi-target fights than it has on single target then it will be something which needs to be considered.

I am not yet convinced about how it will be OP in pvp, due to the utility warlocks have tied to their pets.
    If you are sufficiently supported in that other team members are doing everything you would otherwise use your pet for then maybe a warlock with the sacrifice could prove a big threat in pvp, but that is a big IF.

Considering how many encounters have certain mechanics which render pets useless, I've wanted to have at least one petless spec for a long time.
    Pets are actualy the aspect of my warlock which I hate the most.

Affli without pet would be like a dream come true for me.

And no I don't want to go back to TBC OPness, I just hope Grimoire of sacrifice is a viable choice for pve dps and is about as powerful as the other 2 talents.
    All I want is to have an option to go without the pet and not suck at dps.

I used demonic sacrifice often during vanilla and somewhat in TBC. I'm glad they're bringing petless play back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Please don't, they'll listen. Petless Demonologists tanking in permanent Meta form, with the ability to fly of course. Do you want to be responsible for that?
    Why is it always you who goes against everything that is awesome? Never mind, I think that petless or not, it should be balanced to be equal and provide variations and options, not optimizing and elitism.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    If Grimoire of Sacrifice is balanced to provide equal dps to the other talents on the same tier then I think it will pretty much be required; it has the hidden benefit of not needing to deal with crap AI, encounter-based pet bugs, needing your pet to be in range or your pet only hitting a single target. The only downside I can see from taking it is that you need to take Dark Bargain in Tier 3 (which isn't exactly huge).

Overall I hope it gets replaced or changed in some way to prevent it being required for all non-demonology raiding warlocks.
    Pets are still utility, I like having a pet on many fights. Not so much in DS, but in Flands for sure.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Looking forward to all the lock changes, have had a lock main for years and we need love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks will not be going petless... That's not how the mechanic is suppose to work.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Why is it always you who goes against everything that is awesome? Never mind, I think that petless or not, it should be balanced to be equal and provide variations and options, not optimizing and elitism.
    agreed I think it would be wonderful if they could give people the option and balance it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of going pet less IF it still provides an overall net loss in DPS.

Something like:

1000 DPS Lock + 250 DPS Pet = 1250 DPS
    Pet less lock does 1150 DPS

This will make Locks not complete crap on fights where pets are useless while also requiring them to use their pets on most fights.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Derivatives View Post
    Warlocks will not be going petless... That's not how the mechanic is suppose to work.
    http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=108503 Disagrees with you there