Legacy unlock question.

When the companion unlocks say, "You may only receive this bonus for one <type> companion," does that mean per character(I'm not sure if some classes double up on companion type), or per legacy?

For example, I just finished leveling my Agent and am almost done unlocking Kaliyo's Max Health ranged tank legacy bonus. Would I then be able to get another "stack" of the bonus from T7 on my Sentinel, or is it just one companion type per legacy?

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe you can get another stack if you grab the same thing on T7. I know that maxing out companions gives you a presence bonus... which stacks per companion you max out. I do not see why it wouldn't do the same for that.

The same way mirror classes grant the same buffs (Jedi Knights and Sith Warriors grant same stats boost), mirror companions will likely also follow suit. Same way Druids and Paladins have overlapping, non-stackable, buffs in WoW. Mark of the Wild and Blessing of Might, I believe. Could be Kings, little behind on Pala buffs tbh...

These legacy buffs cannot be stacked.

According to a swtor forum thread i found, only Prescense buffs are stackable. I'd link it, but I've not posted enough yet.

But I'll be honest, this is speculation as I don't know anyone with multiple Level 50s or max affection companions. Only have a 50BH and married to Mako (Endurance buff with Prescence bonus).

I suppose I'll find out for sure soon anyway since my Sentinel is 48 and I used T7 to tank for most of my leveling so he's at almost max affection and I planned on doing all the companion quests anyway. I was just curious.

I have multiple max characters, and the presence bonus stacks, the HP/other stat bonuses do NOT stack. That's why it says you can only get it once. The presence bonus is it's own paragraph in the description, as an attempt to show it is seperate, but they still could of done it better, such as saying the presence bonus stacks with other presence bonuses.

---------- Post added 2012-07-08 at 09:22 PM ----------

Another way to look at it is you get a bonus to a stat for each type of companion you max out (range tank, melee tank, healer, range dps, melee dps). You then get a bonus to presence for each companion you max out.

Quote Originally Posted by Palistarius View Post
    The same way mirror classes grant the same buffs (Jedi Knights and Sith Warriors grant same stats boost), mirror companions will likely also follow suit. Same way Druids and Paladins have overlapping, non-stackable, buffs in WoW. Mark of the Wild and Blessing of Might, I believe. Could be Kings, little behind on Pala buffs tbh...

These legacy buffs cannot be stacked.

According to a swtor forum thread i found, only Prescense buffs are stackable. I'd link it, but I've not posted enough yet.

But I'll be honest, this is speculation as I don't know anyone with multiple Level 50s or max affection companions. Only have a 50BH and married to Mako (Endurance buff with Prescence bonus).
    Presence is the only one that stacks, correct.
    If you max out Kaliyo, you get the Ranged Tank Companion boost on your legacy, as well as +10 Presence for your Legacy. If, after maxing Kaliyo, you do the same with Blizz or (oddly enough) Xalek, you won't get another Ranged Tank boost, but each of those will grant another +10 Presence for your Legacy.

This means each class can give +50 Presence to your Legacy by maxing out each companion, for a total of +400 Presence from companions.

I have tested this multiple times myself; my BH & Inq both maxed all their companions prior to the Legacy stuff being unlocked. When my Agent maxed Kaliyo, he got +10 presence, and both my BH & Inq got +10 Presence. Did it again after maxing each of the Agent's companions.