Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sweet. Now I'm not going to play until I qualify for it. Smart move Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Saidaa View Post
    This is so true! I hate how they spent so many resourses revamping old world, then they made you breeze through it in like 2 days??
    Apparently, Revamping the Old World failed them miserably because they LOST the most Subs in this Xpac than they have in all others. In-fact, WoW was steadily inclining in Subs from Day 1 of Release to the end of Wrath. Cata hits and it's just been a steady loss of subs.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're willing to drop a substantial amount of revenue in giving out those paid services for free, it makes me believe that we're probably going to see pay to win cash shop features coming shortly. This is almost the exact same crap that SWG did before they introduced a lot of their crap.*

10+ Year Old Account
    This will be awesome, and I'll be glad to be part of it. :3
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    We're gonna get a lot of people who don't really know how to play their class... >.<
    We already have that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItZMuRdA View Post
    I really don't think it's BS. Everything makes sense, we saw strings in game files that were data mined long ago about the new Scroll of Resurrection system. Along with the Spectral Gryphon/Wyverns, it's just a short matter of time before it is officially announced. I'm not sure of all the specific details, but I really doubt that it's BS by any means.
    if they are waiting now for anything beyond a day or two, it is to be closer to the end of the quarter when the bulk of the users of the service re-sub so those that drop after 7 days are still counted in march/q1.

I'm not sure why it was turned on, and then pulled. I guess it wasn't ready to be announced.

Hopefully we see it ingame soon again because I have to say I'm pretty impressed w/ what they're offering now with this.

I got 6 people on FB since i posted the image detailing the shit they can get, coming back. YAY

OH and i did notice a SEND SCROLL icon on my Real id/friends list too that just vanished.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hawt09 View Post
    Probably just me being cynical, but that just screams desperation :/
    It's what I'm seeing as well.
    Just another pathetic attempt at luring in even the most reluctant people by letting them skip even more content.
    WoW is really circling down the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Spend an expansion revamping 1-60 content. Free level boost to 80.
    ^ This.

Little annoyed as I leveled some alts though i did do it for the new content. Guess it's good for old friends i'd like to see play again. That's a lot of free stuff .

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I read that it vanished, after I sent a ticket asking for it since my friend could not send a scroll when i came back like a week ago.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    If they're willing to drop a substantial amount of revenue in giving out those paid services for free, it makes me believe that we're probably going to see pay to win cash shop features coming shortly. This is almost the exact same crap that SWG did before they introduced a lot of their crap.*

Dont be so silly, that wont happen so take that rubbish to some other forum please=)

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    I got 6 people on FB since i posted the image detailing the shit they can get, coming back. YAY

OH and i did notice a SEND SCROLL icon on my Real id/friends list too that just vanished.
    Did it Vanish after you sent an invite or did it just randomly Vanish?

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Just another pathetic attempt at luring in even the most reluctant people by letting them skip even more content.
    Its gotten to the point of desperation I expect a new gimmick every few months to boost short term subs and profit even if it hurts growth in the long run.

Finally this will give my friend an excuse to come back Then we can do stuff together again at high levels!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Dont be so silly, that wont happen so take that rubbish to some other forum please=)
    How about no?*

It's just way too much free shit to ignore, seems awfully desperate.*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snarebusta View Post
    Its gotten to the point of desperation I expect a new gimmick every few months to boost short term subs and profit even if it hurts growth in the long run.
    This sums things up nicely. it is about 100 dollars worth of goods and services which cost them very, very little in lost projected revenue since they had little reason to expect to ever sell them to these people at all.

The MARKETING folks at blizzard are smart. Annual pass and now this show some keen minds trying to manage a crisis-level situation in their western sub regions.

Battle.net is under maintenance now. I assume it's being pushed in officially.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    What makes me feel bad for these is that they're skipping over Wrath content and heading straight into Cata endgame content. Is that really a good thing for somebody who's been gone for a long time? =/

That's rather like telling somebody to never watch the original Star Wars trilogy and telling them to skip right to the prequels instead as they're "newer". (I'm talking release scheduling... not narative-speaking).

Does the boost to lvl 80 mean you make a char and he'll be lvl'ed up to 80 or is it like an exp boost?