Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    blizz doesn't care about people keeping their subs, they know most people don't have the willpower to quit, they're too addicted.they care about luring in new subs.

Wow. For a second I thought this was another Daily Blink post...

Deleted
    The free Cataclysm idea is good but not enough; they really need to make it free for brand new players too. It seems this is the direction they are going for though, which makes sense. Free level 80 is a bit of a strange one, that's a lot of content being skipped, and the 80-85 levelling zones ain't that great/

10+ Year Old Account
    Morons who think the game is gonna die should grow up....this game will not DIE its blizzard giving people who quit a chance to come back and get into raiding/arena as quick as possible...

Deleted
    So you play 6 years straight you get nothing,but if you leave and come back you get a lvl80 char for godsake (wtf) and free server/faction (this one is actually reasonable).
    Sounds like Blizzard showing its true nature again.

You can see how they've done this."Hey come back and play WoW!" "But i'm on another server.." "No problem!" "Wrong faction.." "No problem!" "But i've not got cataclysm.." "No problem!" "Eh but I don't want to level up 15 levels.." "No problem!"*

It's a bit early for April Fools. I can't think of any other reason for this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    So for quitting the game and returning you get a free level 80 and free faction changes?Talk about a slap in the face to those who stayed subscribed.We're going to start seeing level 80's sold in the blizzard store soon.
    Scrolls of Resurrection can only be given to people who have an account that's been inactive for a set amount of time, from a person with a currently active account, and there's a limit to the number of scrolls you can give out, IIRC.

I never used the old Scroll of Resurrection system because the only friend I had who quit and wanted to come back lost all his account info and couldn't recover it. So I gave him the free veteran's reward account I got and signed him up with the Recruit-A-Friend feature.

Also, for people who never used RAF, you can also grant people free level ups with that, too, up to level 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    This, is, hilarious...maybe just to me....

Deleted
    It's intelligent. It directly counters two of the main concerns with WoW's current state (For a new or returning player).

Long road to catch up: Start now, enjoy between 1 and 85 "wasted" levels just so you can catch up to your already established friends, and then do some additional catching up.

Expensive to buy more than one expansion at a time: You pay alot for something you then need to pay per month to play.

It's perhaps desperate, but it's also intelligent. I daresay they NEED to make something similiar for new people as well, atleast when it comes to startup costs, perhaps have Cataclysm keys unlock the 3 previous expansions as well or something along those lines. The current startup cost is immense, even moreso considering it's a monthly subscription on top of that, in addition to the fact that you won't really know if you like the game or not until you reach the real content which is endgame.

Ohwell, it's a nice deal anyway for anyone who was thinking about returning, for sure.

Good stuff. Maybe I'll try to convince a friend to renew his sub for a few months. The free xfer/faction change is awesome. That's $55 they'd be spending otherwise to get a character over to play with you.

But can I use this on my 2nd account which is under the same Bnet name as the first?

Deleted
    retarded..

Quote Originally Posted by skrup View Post
    To me it just seems like Blizzard is clinging to any means they have to get subscriptions cause they know when GW2 hits this year they are screwed. *1 million beta sign ups......That game is going to have them scared when it goes launch.
    Except it won't. It's Buy-to-Play, like Guild Wars was. So it only competes with WoW for your time. You can play both, same way people do with WoW and TOR, it'll just be substantially cheaper. I know this is pretty much how I see myself playing it.

Reeks of desperation.

Fastest way to level. Forget RAF, make an account make a lvl1 on said account. Cancel subscription, and have your friend use a scroll on it. bam free lvl 80 naked in which ever faction city you choose.

Deleted
    What I see:

Blizzard: Please play our game! We dont have enough money to, eh, .. improve your gaming experience (they need golden teeth and Ferraris)! Where are you going? WHAT!
    We need you!! NO DONT LEAVE US NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! *flushed down the toilet*

Damn they are desperate fokkers...

GW2 take your time and arrive fabulously. Then Metzen and his crew can kiss my arse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    So you play 6 years straight you get nothing,but if you leave and come back you get a lvl80 char for godsake (wtf) and free server/faction (this one is actually reasonable).
    ^ this!

It's classic marketing: get numbers by throwing your budget at the ones that left or are about to leave.
    Pretty much all subscriptions with semi-aggressive campaigns work like this. Phone companies, internet providers, Gyms, etc.. (hell, even banks!) don't reward you for being a regular, paying customer. But to join, or return, they'll load you up with gifts.*

/ww out

Oh yeah, so - more people who don't know how to play they class dinging max lvl soon. Great news everyone!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    I don't know about you, but for my 7 years of loyalty I've gotten, in total: a free Tyrion's Charger, a free copy of Diablo III, guaranteed access to Mists of Pandaria beta, a Mr. Chilly pet, a Baby Blizzard Bear pet, an Onyxia Whelpling pet, and a free account which I gave to a friend.