10+ Year Old Account

How do I use an xbox 360 controller on a pc game w/ no option for 360?

Hey, I bought Mass Effect 3 (I played 1 & 2 on console) so I fire it up, turn on my 360 controller for windows, but I did not see an option to use 360 controller. How do I use a 360 controller with a game that obviously supports gamepad input because it was released on console? Thanks!
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

I dont know if/how to get wireless xbox controllers to work on pc. But i know my wired(plugs in with usb connector) xbox360 controller that i bought automatically installs drivers and for some games like formula 2011 racing, and bastion to name a few automatically swap over with out setting anything up. Other games though sometimes i have to go in and manually swap over which isnt hard.

So question is are you using wireless controller or a wired?

If its wireless it looks like if you go and buy a 20$ plug and charge connector it allows you to turn a wireless controller into a wired one which then will work fine.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/acc...arge-kit/40650
    Last edited by zazuch; 2012-03-08 at 12:00 AM.

Deleted
    I was thinking the same thing when I tried mine with the demo and decided to make sure and well they did indeed NOT include gamepad support for the PC version.
    I tried Xpadder but that didn't work so I got Pinnacle Game Profiler and that works just right it's just a bit of a hassle getting all the settings right but i'm sure there are instructions on the web i think i found some on their forums or it might have been pinnacle profiler thread on another forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no 360 pad support for the PC version.

You'll have to use a 3rd-party workaround.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try to use the cabel that you need to recharge your controller and plug it into the PC. I've got a normal wired xbox controller, which works on the PC.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

10+ Year Old Account
    any good 3rd party software to use it?

( I have used the controller w/ my pc before it just isn't working with ME3)
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

So yea after doing some searches google looks like they dont support it....which is really stupid considering almost any game now a days support it. Said that they didnt have the time to make the xbox buttons show up in the UI.......I figured this game was a port from xbox360 anyways so how hard was it? haha.

I think its a bs reason imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik8ball View Post
    any good 3rd party software to use it?

( I have used the controller w/ my pc before it just isn't working with ME3)
    I use JoyToKey. Works for everything I've tried to use a controller on that didn't technically support it.

I guess on a relatively similar note, I've been trying to connect my PS3 controller to my PC. Have failed multiple times attempting to use third party soft ware. Would love some help.

On a different relatively unrelated note, I was wondering if anyone has tried Vindictus with a controller and how they like it compared to PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    Try to use the cabel that you need to recharge your controller and plug it into the PC. I've got a normal wired xbox controller, which works on the PC.
    That doesnt work, you need a wireless receiver.