Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleshashi View Post
    To view craft/microbrew as a "train" that people just follow, like a fad, is a pretty sad viewpoint to have about beer, considering beer's history and everything good about it IS the craft tradition.

That's like saying "Guys, can we jump off the cotton train for a minute and talk about paper underwear?"
    Oh no, not at all. I love good microbrews at anytime. They've just become so ubiquitous that's it's actually hard to convince people to try something more mass produced! I never meant to come off like that, trust me. Hell, I've got some microbrews in my fridge right now.

for me Stella Artois and Affligem

10+ Year Old Account
    bavaria.

best. beer. ever.

Stone's Arrogant Bastard is generally my go-to beer. I miss the Oak Aged version. If anyone has some finicky friends (particularly women) when it comes to beer I suggest Kasteel Rouge or Duchesse De Bourgogne. The Kasteel is definitely sweeter, though, and the cherry flavor is more pronounced.

I finally got to try Dogfish Head's World Wide Stout. It's certainly intense, but enjoyable, so I think I'm going to try aging a bottle for a year or two, and see if I can get the abv bite to smooth out a bit.

Some other worthwhile mentions off the top of my head:

Stone Ruination
    Bell's Two Hearted Ale
    Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA or Sweetwater IPA (pretty standard IPAs with a big citrus taste. Great in the summer)
    Hoppin Frog BORIS the Crusher Oatmeal Imperial Stout (probably my favorite stout)

I'm forgetting a lot, but that's just what I have in my mini fridge at the moment.

Warsteiner
    Heineken

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried these the other night mmmmm

10+ Year Old Account
    I love anything from Flying fish.
    Shocktop
    Blue Moon
    Sam Adams
    Yuelingling

I can tolerate heavy beers such as Guiness but I absolutely hate IPA's

It's been a stout/porter night for me - Schlafly Irish Extra Stout, Schlafly Coffee Stout, Maui CoConut Porter, Troegs Javahead.

Favorite beer of all time is probably Bourbon County Rare, Allagash Curieux, or one of the Russian River wild ales.

---------- Post added 2012-03-18 at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    I always associate Guinness with english beer (yeah, I know that's wrong), but anyway: Guinness for me is the epitome of the horrible taste that beer has.
    The bitterness, especially.
    Guinness isn't a bitter beer. It's somewhere around 40-45 IBU, and fairly malty. That makes it pretty evenly balanced, and it's generally considered quite mild.

---------- Post added 2012-03-18 at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    Bell's brews are excellent in general... I used to live about ten minutes away from the brewery. Sucks not being able to get them down here.
    Hopslam is damned near as good as it gets. <3 Bells

Founders Breakfast Stout is nectar of the gods. Have fun finding it outside of Michigan though. >.> <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Drofu View Post
    Founders Breakfast Stout is nectar of the gods. Have fun finding it outside of Michigan though. >.> <.<
    Shouldn't actually be much of a problem these days. Maybe I'm just lucky with good distributor networks in my area, but I've seen it at quite a few shops in DC and Northern Virginia (Total Wine and Whole Foods being the biggies) and a couple in Maryland.

Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout release party at my favorite bar tomorrow... so excited!

Heineken! My preferred beer

10+ Year Old Account
    moonshine is the shit man

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Shouldn't actually be much of a problem these days. Maybe I'm just lucky with good distributor networks in my area, but I've seen it at quite a few shops in DC and Northern Virginia (Total Wine and Whole Foods being the biggies) and a couple in Maryland.

Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout release party at my favorite bar tomorrow... so excited!
    It is like a breakfast in a bottle!

Going to try a recipe I found this weekend for beer brats using Founder's Dirty B(...don't think I can say that here!). The upside of this weather is that it has moved up grilling time at least.

I am a big red fan. It depends on where I am, and how much money I want to spend. Favorites are Fat Tire, Kilkenny, Smithwicks, Killians, Yuengling. Or, if I am in a microbrew mood, anything amber or red lager style.