Multiple accounts under a single battlenet login

Okay, time for the noob question of the week: (possibly for all time)
    But years ago, I purchased a copy of vanilla for one of my children and that account has been inactive for several years.
    I have my main account linked under my battlenet account and thats where all my characters are.
    If I want to link the old account I got my my children under my battlenet account, how does it differentiate between the 2 separate world of warcraft accounts? Do I still log in using my battlenet account and then select? or do I have to log in using my username for each account?
    Sorry to ask, but not really sure how to phrase this question correctly.
    Basically want to know from those who have multiple world of warcraft accounts, how they are managed and differentiated under a single battlenet account.
    Thanks in advance for your help and patience with this stupid question.

y 10charsssss

Deleted
    When you log into World of Warcraft with multiple accounts a list of accounts pops up and you just select which one you want to log into.
    After the first login you just get a drop-down menu below your account name with the current WoW accounts under your battle.net

you can have mutiple accounts on one battle.net account, they will show up as different games. when you log into wow, it'll ask you to pick which account you want to play on
    you can't play on both accounts at once, so if you don't plan on sending bound on battle.net items back and forth, I'd recommend making a new battle.net account and use the new scroll of ress, saves you alot of time and money. But if you do, you can't send bound on battle.net items.*
    but it does work rather simple

Deleted
    When at the login screen, beneath your email adress, above the password box, is a dropdown menu. Select account there to change account.

When on the website account management, they'll be listed as two different copies of WoW, with usernames written beneath them.

---------- Post added 2012-03-08 at 01:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by daluur View Post
    you can't play on both accounts at once
    Yes, you can. I do it!

if you have more than one account on the same battle.net you get a dropdown box on login for selecting the account to play on. you can still play on all separate accounts at the same time using the same battle.net login. I have 3 accounts on my bnet and I triple log all the time for raf boosting these days.

Quote Originally Posted by daluur View Post
    you can have mutiple accounts on one battle.net account, they will show up as different games. when you log into wow, it'll ask you to pick which account you want to play on
    you can't play on both accounts at once, so if you don't plan on sending bound on battle.net items back and forth, I'd recommend making a new battle.net account and use the new scroll of ress, saves you alot of time and money. But if you do, you can't send bound on battle.net items.*
    but it does work rather simple
    You can play on multiple accounts linked to the same battle.net account at the same time.*

If you have the knowledge to have multiple WoW windows running at once then you can do it just fine!

You should be able to link the old account to your existing b-net account, then SoR the old account even though its on the same b-net account. Then you will get the benefits of SoR while still being able to send BoA items back and forth. I was able to do this with my sons inactive wow account, although his account was already linked to my b.net, you should still be able to do it after linking the old one to your b.net.

Also, as Shadet and Kassy pointed out, you can play on multiple Wow licenses (accounts) at the same time even if they're under the same b-net account.
    Last edited by Akilliez; 2012-03-08 at 12:42 PM.

If I add the 2nd game to my battlenet account, am I eligible for the scroll of resurrection? or because my main account if active, it is null and void? If I need to, I can create a separate battlenet account, just didn't want to have to manage 2 separate ones

Quote Originally Posted by Vaalyn View Post
    If I add the 2nd game to my battlenet account, am I eligible for the scroll of resurrection? or because my main account if active, it is null and void? If I need to, I can create a separate battlenet account, just didn't want to have to manage 2 separate ones
    Taken from the SoR FAQ on the official Site:

Can I resurrect one of my own World of Warcraft accounts?
    If you have at least one active World of Warcraft account, you can send your inactive accounts Scroll of Resurrection invitations.

Full article here http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...surrection-faq
    Last edited by Akilliez; 2012-03-08 at 12:47 PM.

The FAQ spells it out pretty well. Thanks for the link.
    So I guess I need to merge the 2nd World of Warcraft account under my battlenet account and then when I log in, I will be presented with the option to log into either account.
    Will merging the 2nd account have any impact on my primary account other then just providing the drop down? they don't share a single payment method or anything? Also, if I decide to let the 2nd account lapse, that shouldn't impact my primary account (hoping not).
    Thanks again for your help!

The second account will have zero impact on your primary account. They will be billed separately.

Quote Originally Posted by ibnalail View Post
    The second account will have zero impact on your primary account. They will be billed separately.
    This is 100% correct.

Also you will be able to mail looms and other BoA items across both accounts instantly, which is nice!

I agree with your statement.

Thanks everyone for your input. Called Blizzard and it is all taken care of.
    Appreciate your help on this one!