Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ataraxis, Cudgel of the Warmaster Heroic

Hey everyone Thank god I was lucky because I was the only plate dpser in the raid so we downed gunship heroic today and I got the mace how good it's for retri? I know that the axe from Yor'sahj the unsleeping heroic is better because of the mastery stats on it but I wasn't lucky never saw it drop or the tentacles sword from madness at all I was using Shannox heroic axe so I'm pleased to use this mace major upgrade compare to what I had. I already reforged the haste to mastery to make it slightly better than how originally is.

The question is it much better than normal madness deathwing two handed sword? or I shall use the sword because of the procs even though the mace have more weapon dmg and stats what do you think warriors of the light?

Discuss please thanks for reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do your own testing is the only solution.

They're both pretty close, gun to my head, I'd say the sword. If you're a dwarf, that might swing the mace in your favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    Do your own testing is the only solution.

They're both pretty close, gun to my head, I'd say the sword. If you're a dwarf, that might swing the mace in your favor.
    I can't test anything except this mace because unfortunately nothing dropped for me except this mace yesterday. :P

the mace would be your 4th best option
    1. HC madness sword
    2. normal madness sword
    3. hc jor'sahj axe
    4. hc warmaster mace

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seraphs View Post
    1. HC madness sword
    2. normal madness sword
    3. hc jor'sahj axe
    4. hc warmaster mace
    Swap that around a little, the HC Yor sahj axe pulls ahead of normal madness sword

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh I see but it's not better than normal madness sword or close equel? because I mean it has stats + red gem and better weapon dmg will the proc of the tentacle make up for all of these losses?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    As fair as my gear goes, the HC Yor'Sahj axe is noticeable improvement to the sword. Unless very high(8-12) uptime on the proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocolips View Post
    As fair as my gear goes, the HC Yor'Sahj axe is noticeable improvement to the sword. Unless very high(8-12) uptime on the proc.
    yeah the axe hc is indeed better than the normal sword but My question was about the mace hc :P the annoying part it has haste on it so I reforged it to mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seraphs View Post
    1. HC madness sword
    2. normal madness sword
    3. hc jor'sahj axe
    4. hc warmaster mace
    Wrong, The madness sword would be last on that list. And even then the heroic one is NOT best in slot for spine or Ultra due to it being extremely buggy.

1.h gurthalak
    2. h ess
    3. h ataraxis
    4. reg *gurthalak
    5. reg ess
    6.reg ataraxis

i*think*the heroic mace might pull ahead simply because of the raw str and weapon damage *but i think its probably a pretty close call, and might depend if you are a human or a dwarf compared to any other race. its probably *closer at least then between the reg sword and the h ess.*

rng can be cruel, yorsahj is one of the easier heroics and so the heroic ESS is a very*accessible*weapon to have as our second BiS compared to h ataraxis or h gurthalak.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

The only way normal Gurth would beat Ataraxis or Slicer is heroic Madness (and maybe you could switch to Gurth only for the add phases on Yor'sahj and hope you get procs). Otherwise, Ataraxis and Slicer both beat normal Gurth.

Oh and if you're human or dwarf, Ataraxis is more likely better than Slicer. Only very slightly, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheous View Post
    Wrong, The madness sword would be last on that list. And even then the heroic one is NOT best in slot for spine or Ultra due to it being extremely buggy.
    H Gurth is BIS and works fine on both those fights, don't spread misinformation if you have no clue, thanks.

I'm willing the bet for you being dwarf

HGurth>Hmace>Haxe is your weapon progression since your racial basically converts to extra crit rating.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-03-09 at 07:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    H Gurth is BIS and works fine on both those fights, don't spread misinformation if you have no clue, thanks.

HGurth>Hmace>Haxe is your weapon progression since your racial basically converts to extra crit rating.
    They sit there and wont attack on Ultra 2/3 attempts this is the case, and due to the way Gurth works (it'll attack anything you've hit and not your current target) so the mastery on Slicer would make it better for spine.

Deleted
    They sit there and wont attack on Ultra 2/3 attempts this is the case, and due to the way Gurth works (it'll attack anything you've hit and not your current target) so the mastery on Slicer would make it better for spine.
    Stop spreading bad information, Gurth works fine on Ultra, you just have to stand past a certain point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayhn View Post
    Stop spreading bad information, Gurth works fine on Ultra, you just have to stand past a certain point.
    How exactly is that bad information if it's true?

Prometheous, the thing is you don't believe it's working right when you get low procs but that's just RNG for you. Basically if you want reliable DPS like tendon damage on Spine you wouldn't want to use Gurthalak.

You're partly right though with the case of Spine since the tentacles might start hitting Corruptions, which is obviously a bad thing. But when it comes to Ultraxion you just need to make sure you are standing close enough (between 1st and 2nd line on the platform) or the tentacles won't hit the boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

Am I reading this properly? The 3 extra expertise makes losing 200~ mastery and gaining 200 haste worth it? Seems weird, but please, go on. I haven't seen any of the axe or mace drop, and I always considered the mace to be much worse for me. (human paladin)

Deleted
    How exactly is that bad information if it's true?
    You're saying Gurth doesn't work at all for you on Ultraxion and are telling other people not to use it which is BAD information, the truth is, is that it works 100% fine on Ultra if you stand past a certain point which takes 10seconds to research.

Deleted
    I actually posted before, but I've got no idea why it didn't show up... What I was saying was... does the extra 3 expertise points count more than "losing" 200~ mastery and gaining 200 haste ? - mace vs axe, for a human paladin - . Neither of them dropped for my guild, but I was always under the impression the mace is terrible.

Thats because you are doing it wrong. Stand up front to proc tentacles is so hard. Please just be quiet.

Also how can you even begin to tell me which weapon is best. I'm pretty sure I have a better understanding how to play then you. Besides the fact you're outstandingly ignorant because you don't even understand how to proc tentacles on Ultrax.

Also put a orange gem in your VP ring, yet another thing you failed horribly to research since we have been using orange gems since Firelands launched.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-03-09 at 09:45 PM.