Wtf. Why did Ichigo get owned like a bitch. Their attacks shouldn't have been able to touch him.

I'm so disappointed. And Shinji isn't in that group. Just great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Wtf. Why did Ichigo get owned like a bitch. Their attacks shouldn't have been able to touch him.

I don't think he took ANY damage from all their attacks, just looked like he was ignoring the living hell out of them. Can't say for sure what would have happened since Renji interfered, but I doubt Bazz-B would have hit Ichigo. All in all, it was a tease to force a few more fights into the manga.
    BfA Beta Time

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

He took their attacks with little to no effect on him? Not sure how you consider that owned....

>Ichigo's running toward Juha Bach all freaked out.
    >Ichigo gets kicked by a random Sternritter who was impressed with his earlier speed, who was also supposed to be dead.

If Ichigo was really pro he'd have just blazed by them. But nooooo. Let him actually get damaged. I don't care that he tanked the hits, he shouldn't have been touched at all.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    >Ichigo's running toward Juha Bach all freaked out.
    >Ichigo gets kicked by a random Sternritter who was impressed with his earlier speed, who was also supposed to be dead.

If Ichigo was really pro he'd have just blazed by them. But nooooo. Let him actually get damaged. I don't care that he tanked the hits, he shouldn't have been touched at all.

1, he didn't get damaged 2, Going to have to agree to disagree here.

Hypothetically, what happens if Renji doesn't show up? Ichigo then has to fight these guys because he already engaged them and wasn't fast enough to leave. Even if he does overpower them its kind of a waste of time. Ichigo getting hit was just a showcase to introduce Renji and the group into their fight. Which is stupid. Ichigo should have just Sonido/Shunpo/whatever'ed past them.

If you disagree that the main character shouldn't get hit/tied into a lesser fight upon his unveil then we just don't see eye to eye.

Deleted
    I pretty much agree with this. This part of the chapter had me baffled.

How did rukia and team get to the SS again? or ichigos was the only one who yolo jumped.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    How did rukia and team get to the SS again? or ichigos was the only one who yolo jumped.
    He was the only one to jump.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    It's almost as if the plot needed him to do that ... I did think it weird he was the only one who needed to jump down. The rest made it fine. I guess it was a time restraint thing maybe?

So um.... Ichigo took 1.5 days to get down from the Soul Palace but yet they're going to make it back up in just under 2 hours......?

But there was a panel that showed rukia and renji in free fall.

Ichigo took 1.5 days to get down from the Soul Palace but yet they're going to make it back up in just under 2 hours......?
    I bet they are going to use that beam of light to keep the hole open.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitenx View Post
    It's almost as if the plot needed him to do that ... I did think it weird he was the only one who needed to jump down. The rest made it fine. I guess it was a time restraint thing maybe?
    I'm guessing Yhwach wasn't ready to go through Rukia's and Renji's portal but was when Ichigo came through. I'm also guessing that the Royal Guard would know Yhwach would come back through it so that is why those three were sent that way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitenx View Post
    He was the only one who needed a completely new zanpakuto. The reason he made the jump was due to the fact that the battle had started while he was training and he was in a hurry. Everyone else was sent back in a much different manner, much earlier, and didn't have to break through the barriers like Ichigo did. So I mean...the plot did need him to do what he did regardless of what Juuha was planning on doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    So um.... Ichigo took 1.5 days to get down from the Soul Palace but yet they're going to make it back up in just under 2 hours......?
    It takes much less time to go through a tunnel than it does to build one.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Maybe they are confident they can take him on and Ichigo and co were just sent as bait Yama would have acted that way at least.

In the one scene where we see the Soul King he is waking up. Maybe he will enter the fray.

Deleted
    Or maybe the Soul King isn't so strong at all he might just be the Soul King because his reiatsu is unique but I doubt he'd be king because he's weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Binkamus Prime View Post
    Or maybe the Soul King isn't so strong at all he might just be the Soul King because his reiatsu is unique but I doubt he'd be king because he's weak.
    Aye, I'm betting this.

You guys need to consider this:

Why would Soul Society need the Royal Guard if the Spirit King could defend himself?

It's like Yamamoto himself said: he hasn't had a single bodyguard since he took the office of Captain Commander because no one's "stronger than him".

IMO, and like Urahara has said, the Soul King is just the "lynch pin". I don't think he has any actual fighting ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am the spirit king....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Aye, I'm betting this.

You guys need to consider this:

Why would Soul Society need the Royal Guard if the Spirit King could defend himself?

It's like Yamamoto himself said: he hasn't had a single bodyguard since he took the office of Captain Commander because no one's "stronger than him".

IMO, and like Urahara has said, the Soul King is just the "lynch pin". I don't think he has any actual fighting ability.
    I'm thinking the Soul King needs guards so he can do his job as the "lynch pin". Maybe he can't be interrupted while he performs it and needs the Royal guards for that. Or they are there to guard him while he sleeps. Or you could be right and he's just some weird thing that can only do one thing that has nothing to do with fighting. :P

*Deep, drawn out siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh...*

Oh well. Another chapter with a bunch of nothing, and what I feared has happened. I see that nothing has changed, again. Again, Ichigo reacts like a scared, anxious child to Uryuu's supposed betrayal. His calm, mature demeanor? Gone. And I knew this would happen. I had hoped that we would return to the Soul Society arc type of confidence and didn't let everything shock him or make him act like an anxious teen emo.

I knew it would happen, though. Since the Soul Society arc, Ichigo's behavior has alternated between depressed emo and overly arrogant (not confident) dude. I knew it would happen again, and I predicted it would be when he found out about Uryuu. I had hopes that he would remain calm and collected, but lol.. what did I expect from Kubo..