I really, really liked this chapter.

I was honestly just expecting Byakuya to make Rukia look fodder but Kubo actually wrote it so that Byakuya finally believes in his sister and knows she can do this on her own.

Kudos.

As for her Bankai.. fuck's it gonna be?

Deleted
    Why does As Nodt look like a hollow?

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Welcome to shounen manga. Not sure why people expect anything different.
    That enemys get some more show time and not get roflstomped into nothing. It's the final arc, look at Superstar, beated up 3 VC and 2 (hollow) captains. What did As Nodt do? Get mad and talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    That enemys get some more show time and not get roflstomped into nothing. It's the final arc, look at Superstar, beated up 3 VC and 2 (hollow) captains. What did As Nodt do? Get mad and talk.
    So, I'm not really sure what you are complaining about then. Your other post seemed to be about them getting powered up. If that is what you are upset about, you should look into what shounen manga is about.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice I was actually somewhat surprised that she got a bankai. I like Rukia she's a better character than some of the other Soul Society people but usually gets shafted in fights. I hope her Bankai is the end of that dull villain, so we can move on to something else. I've been dying to see what the hell is happening in Hueco Mundo, he kept teasing another powerful ally in Hueco Mundo who I'm assuming is Grimjow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    In all fairness, it would make less sense for Rukia to NOT have a bankai at this point. She's trained so damn much for so damn long that it was bound to happen. Maybe she'll replace Toshiro as captain assuming he actually died to Baz-b.
    That would be great, I never liked Toshiro. He was an extremely one-dimensional boring as hell character that got a ton of screen-time mainly because he's apparently a favorite for fangirls. Plus, it be good if more of the main cast dies off so that this arc actually feels 'dangerous' for the characters. So far the only one that's died is Yamamoto, and I guess Urahara when she fought Kenpachi which was kind of lame because I wanted to see her in action vs a Quincy.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are three things in bleach manga

Talking
    Fighting
    Kenpachi

this episode didnt have the important one.

So....Rukia goes from barely gettiing a new power for her Shikai (and its not even perfect, look at that cut on her finger because she fucked up at the beginning of last chapter) to having a bankai. I see.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    So....Rukia goes from barely gettiing a new power for her Shikai (and its not even perfect, look at that cut on her finger because she fucked up at the beginning of last chapter) to having a bankai. I see.

It's like non of you have ever read a SHOUNEN manga before
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    So, I'm not really sure what you are complaining about then. Your other post seemed to be about them getting powered up. If that is what you are upset about, you should look into what shounen manga is about.
    *Sigh* I know they got a power up. Ofcourse they get a power up. That's with everything. Good guy encounters bad guy, bad guy is stronger, good guy loses, good guy gets stronger, good guy beats bad guy.

What i am saying is this; Superstar beated 5 people all by himself and got a few chapters.

Then As Nodt shows up. Seemingly stronger then Superstar, cause everybody knows fear and you can't really counter it.
    THE guy who stole Byakuya's Bankai and kicked his ass. Also ripped his stomach out? Damn dude.
    Then this happens; one of the weakest characters, yes, Rukia is one of the weakest of all, roflstomps As Nodt, who is basicly doing but getting his ass kicked while seemingly being incredible stronger then Superstar, whose power came from a "supporter" (lol), but none of that has been shown (as to date, but it seems safe to say As Nodt is dead).

Now to your comment on "none of you know what Shounen manga is";
    Shōnen (少年) manga (漫画) is typically characterized by high-action, often humorous plots featuring male protagonists. The camaraderie between boys or men on sports teams, fighting squads and the like is often emphasized. Attractive female characters like Bulma from Dragon Ball or Nami from One Piece, with exaggerated features are also common (see fan service). Main characters may also feature an ongoing desire to better themselves.
    From your own link.

High action? Check
    Humorous plots? Well, some jokes aside, so check.
    Male protagonists? Check.
    Camaraderie between boys/men? Check.
    Fighting squads? Check.
    Attractive female characters? For fiction, sure.
    Main characters; Check.

Now comes this;
    "The definition of a main character is the individual who contributes the most to the story or who is the most important of the story."
    Does Rukia contribute a lot to the story? No. Beside from the beginning, the part where she gave Ichigo his powers, but that could be any random Shinigami.
    Is she important to the story? No. As seen above, could be anybody.
    Did she require a powerup where she went from top 100 to top 10? (Just throwing out some numbers) No, she did not need that.

So i don't know about you, but people come here to give their opinion about the chapter and discuss what might happen / people hope to happen. If we didn't like the sudden power up for Rukia, then that is, like in the title states, our OPINION. That furthermore, doesn't have anything to do with how Shounen manga is.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Poor Rukia, she doesn't get to defeat one Sternritter, while Renji took on a Sternritter that defeated 2 captains and 3 vice-captain level opponents.
    yes she does

Didn't Ichigo start travelling before Byakuya?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Didn't Ichigo start travelling before Byakuya?
    No, Ichigo was the last of all of them to leave.
    BfA Beta Time

What a great chapter! I did NOT see that one comming!

So like. Who is left for Byakuya and Kenpachi to fight lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOADS of people :P Haschwalth (although I think he's Shunsui's) That guy with the glasses that shot Shunsui's eye out, the guy that was spying on Renji, I think Bazz-B is still alive, and that's just the ones we've seen, assuming there's one Sterritter for every letter of the alphabet we've got A LOT left to cover.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Byakuya is such a boss

Turns up, fucking owns As Nodt just with his Shikai, then shrugs, gives Rukia a peptalk, then leaves to let her finish him off. Classy .

now hurry up and release the next chapter, so we can see Rukia's Bankai.
    Yeah he is a boss lol. Totally saw that shikai/bankai comment coming when he appeared last chapter holding the hilt.

I am not sure what the deal is with quencies suddenly being anything from a human form. I mean they were meant to be spiritually aware humans originally. They are getting more and more hollow like.

It made sense for Rukia to finally get a bankai. Kinda silly for her not to be able to control shikai though.

So is Senbonsakura invisible now lol? he was just owning stuff with out any noticeable blades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I think while the Quincy ARE humans, the Vollstandig is like a Bankai, or a Resureccion and thus can make them look however they want, that's why As Nodt looks so fucked up.

and I'm not sure... I'm guessing it's either they only look like petals because when they move they reflect light and that gives the impression of a petal, as during this fight they were staying still, they look invisible, because they're so small. Or possibly he can make them move SO fast now, that they turn invisible when they move. Or may just... Because Kubo says
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    When he did the whole explanation thing, his shikai turned into 1000 blades, each reflecting the light making them look like petals.

Deleted
    I really enjoyed this chapter <3

I really ejoyed the new chapter and how Byakuya explained her Bankai. Even tho it didn't say a whole lot.

So its like X10 of what she did in shikai and it seems if she fucks up in ether mode it has a high chance of killing her until she masters it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD