10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure it was stated when they arrived that The Royal Guard combined are stronger than the rest of Soul Society put together... they are stupidly god tier don't even bother they're going to rape you anyway strong.

And they've been training Renji, Rukia Ichigo and possibly Byakuya, in addition to fixing their weapons and Gods only know what else.

Also, Renji was in shikai, with his blade extended after killing James, attacking a Sternritter who hadn't even released his Viollstandig, quite frankly if he HADN'T oneshot him I'd be confused as to what he was actually doing with the Royal Guard.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was stated when they arrived that The Royal Guard combined are stronger than the rest of Soul Society put together... they are stupidly god tier don't even bother they're going to rape you anyway strong.

And they've been training Renji, Rukia Ichigo and possibly Byakuya, in addition to fixing their weapons and Gods only know what else.

Also, Renji was in shikai, with his blade extended after killing James, attacking a Sternritter who hadn't even released his Viollstandig, quite frankly if he HADN'T oneshot him I'd be confused as to what he was actually doing with the Royal Guard.
    You're correct.

Also, not every Quincy has to use their "Volstandig". Normally in ANY series, a character shows all of their abilities before they're killed off (unless they're a main character of course).

There's in total 24 Sternritters. Masculine de Mask was one of the "lesser" characters out of all of them. Bambietta, the Robot Guy, Haschwald, Bazz Bee, etc. are much more major characters when it comes to the Quincy. Their Volstandigs you can guarantee will be shown.

Masculine though? No. His won't be. He's down for the count.

I am disappointed though he took out so many people. He had a REALLY powerful ability given to him by Ywach. Hopefully Kensei and Love will be given an opportunity to redeem themselves and look badass.

I'm just saying this basically: follow the stereotypical story rules of Shounen. When a lesser character shows all of their abilities, they're gonna die in whatever fight they're involved in.

It's why Yamamoto didn't die after he fought against Aizen/Wonderweiss.

It's why Kensei wasn't killed by WW.

It's why Shinji, Shuunsui, Ukitake, etc. weren't killed off by Aizen.

It's why Aizen wasn't killed off (he hasn't shown his Bankai).

Unless a major powerup is coming that character's way (Bankai, Ressurrecion, etc.), expect them to die. Volstandig doesn't do much for a Quincy's abilities aside from amplify them 10 fold (Bambietta's bombs becoming much more powerful and easier to use/spread). There's not much of a point to keep showing off an ability that just makes them more powerful and doesn't give them any new abilities like Bankai or Ressureccion do.
    Last edited by Mawnix; 2013-12-18 at 11:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I'm just saying this basically: follow the stereotypical story rules of Shounen. When a lesser character shows all of their abilities, they're gonna die in whatever fight they're involved in.
    You know, I never looked at it like that before. Also, the thought of Aizen using bankai is kinda scary.

*cough* I disagree with that was said somewhat. The Squad 0 training was good, but Renji is at a level that's equal to Beanpole/below Juha Bach basically. That's too strong for Renji. That means Renji is stronger than Gallahad's beloved Shunsui, the Captain Command. Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    You know, I never looked at it like that before. Also, the thought of Aizen using bankai is kinda scary.
    Not really. Aizen was super strong, his zanpaktou ability was just a bonus.

Deleted
    Comparing Shunshui with Rinji isn't right. We haven't seen either of them fight to their potential against oponents of the same caliber. So it's impossible to tell which is better.

One thing is for sure though, Rinji seems much stronger than those captains that just fell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    That's too strong for Renji. That means Renji is stronger than Gallahad's beloved Shunsui, the Captain Command. Is that right?

I wouldn't put him at that level just yet, he oneshot a random Sternritter that had only just been introduced and wasn't in Vollstandig(and it's not even 100% confirmed that he's dead, he got cut across the chest, but lets face it, people have survived worse many times on bleach . Knowing Kubo I'd expect Maske to drop Vollstandig next week, then Renji uses his Bankai to ACTUALLY kill him), he's still NOWHERE near the level of Haschwalth or Juha.

I think alot of people are missing the REALLY important thing about the Renji fight...

it's not "look how strong Renji is!"

it's not even "IS Renji the strongest captain now?"

it's "Fucking hell... If Renji is THIS strong after his time with the Royal Guard... how fucking strong is Ichigo now?"

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    it's "Fucking hell... If Renji is THIS strong after his time with the Royal Guard... how fucking strong is Ichigo now?"
    Pretty much. Wouldn't be suprised if Renji and Rukia are abouts to get defeated and then ichigo comes and destroys the shit out of the enemies that defeated them. Which would instantly show how overpowered he is.

Sorry there aren't enough high class enemies for that. Kenpachi still has to fuck a bunch of people up. Renji and Rukia have to show off. Gallahad is waiting for Shunsui to prove why he's captain commander. Byakuya didn't show up yet. Ichigo's not here yet. Those 5 apparently god level Squad Zero should do something. I still believe Aizen is gonna make a comeback. Grimmjow didn't fight yet. Urahara and maybe Ichigo's Dad and Yoroichi need to make an appearance. Mayuri didn't even fight.

And who's left? Beanpole and Juha Bach? And maybe some fodder that were getting owned by Kenpachi before his power up? Soul society is actually in really good shape.

15+ Year Old Account
    And who's left? Beanpole and Juha Bach? And maybe some fodder that were getting owned by Kenpachi before his power up? Soul society is actually in really good shape.
    From the hype, I'm pretty sure Juha, Uryu, and Haschwald can only be beaten by Ichigo. Squad 0 refuses to fight in Soul Society affairs and will only interfere if the Soul King himself is in danger. Basically, all the suped up shinigami will win their fights then all collectively fall to the combined might of Uryu and Juha. Shunsui will, in all likelihood, defeat Haschwald and if he can't, then Kenpachi will (since that was the whole point of him training with what's her face).

Basically, none of the fights until the last 3 quincy are left will be interesting based on Kubo's writing style.
    BfA Beta Time

Sorry, I forgot to mention Uryu. But I also forgot to mention the whole squad of Fullbringers. So. You know.

Meh. You're right, I wanna see how Kubo plays this out. I'm not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wanna see Rukia's Bankai....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    the way I see it, the only REAL fights we have coming up:

Ichigo Vs Ishida
    Shunsui Vs Haschwalth
    Byakuya Vs As Nodt
    Zaraki Vs ???
    ??? Vs Juha Bach

everything else is filler

15+ Year Old Account
    I know for a fact i won't enjoy the Ishida fight if it happens, i know this show is full of super ridiculous powerups but one that makes ishida on par with ichigo? No, just no.

Yeah I'm not sure about that either. It bothers me. I was gonna write something before like "I honestly can't see how Juha and Uryu could fuck everyone up by themselves, Uryu is so weak," then I imagined some bullshit.

I mean, he goes from barely captain level -> lol barely able to beat weak Espada -> lol gets arm cut off try to distract an Espada -> useless the whole Aizen fight -> lol gets one shot by mother fucking Ginjou -> marries a hospital bed -> gets one shot by skinny bookmark nerd -> gets adopted by Juha Bach -> gets as strong as main character who is a mix of literally all 4 races in the manga and gets training by Squad Zero (that Swizzle is proclaiming is better than getting training from King Kai).

That doesn't feel right to me. I can see Uryu getting back to the new super-captain level (super captain = captain after "Aizen left, let's not be weak anymore") but to be as strong as the strongest character in the manga? Bad writing to me.

Well, I'll only complain if Uryu ends up being a character Ichigo himself has to fight. If Uryu kills off some captains or even joins Ichigo I'll keep my mouth closed.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry there aren't enough high class enemies for that. Kenpachi still has to fuck a bunch of people up. Renji and Rukia have to show off. Gallahad is waiting for Shunsui to prove why he's captain commander. Byakuya didn't show up yet. Ichigo's not here yet. Those 5 apparently god level Squad Zero should do something. I still believe Aizen is gonna make a comeback. Grimmjow didn't fight yet. Urahara and maybe Ichigo's Dad and Yoroichi need to make an appearance. Mayuri didn't even fight.

Was there ever a true confirmation that he was back?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm not sure about that either. It bothers me. I was gonna write something before like "I honestly can't see how Juha and Uryu could fuck everyone up by themselves, Uryu is so weak," then I imagined some bullshit.
    Uryu received the same level of power as Juha Bach has when he drank in his letter, so in simple terms he is at least as strong as him. Remember though, Juha said that Uryu has something no other quincy has, otherwise he wouldn't be able to survive the purge, and that something means he can surpass Juha Bach in terms of power. Basically if all of Ichigo's power-ups were meant for Juha Bach, Uryu will be able to deal with it.
    BfA Beta Time

He didn't die. And he fucked Renji up. I'm a little happy now, balance of power is back.

His new sword looks like its a glove on his hand lol. But that has to be Bankai, he had the same shikai...

15+ Year Old Account
    He didn't die. And he fucked Renji up. I'm a little happy now, balance of power is back.

His new sword looks like its a glove on his hand lol. But that has to be Bankai, he had the same shikai...
    He didn't fuck Renji up at all. If you notice, Renji blocks EVERYTHING Superstar throws at him then positions himself perfectly for Superstar to kill James outright. Basically, Renji played him like a fiddle when he noticed James was reborn from his cut up pieces.
    BfA Beta Time

I did kind of overlook the guys dying...

15+ Year Old Account
    I did kind of overlook the guys dying...
    And I overlooked Renji's bankai coming out on the last page, or what appears to be the baboon skull of his bankai anyway. Superstar got cocky and blew his load to kill his friend (the only blow showed to "connect" with Renji is when he knocked the wall away that was being used as a prop), so it'll be interesting to see if he has any fight left in him now that James is KIA.
    BfA Beta Time