Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My Rift sub just ran out. Won't resubscribe for now, but I'm hoping to get back some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Emrendil View Post
    My Rift sub just ran out. Won't resubscribe for now, but I'm hoping to get back some day.
    Why don't you resub again

I just signed up for a 12 month subscription, cheaper and I don't have to worry for a year. Working on my new 39 warrior (locked xp) as I already have 3 50's. I really like the game as it reminds me so much of TBC era.
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
    is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

I may have to try the trial once again because the first time i tried it when game was released it was very repetitive and quite boring

With mists of pandaria around the corner, most people will run back to WoW in short order. Let me tell you pandas are irresistible.

Quote Originally Posted by razzyL View Post
    I may have to try the trial once again because the first time i tried it when game was released it was very repetitive and quite boring
    The trial won't show you what endgame is like, and that is where all the fun is. Levelling is not that great in RIFT, though it is better than launch after a year of tweaks and polish. The game can be bought often for £10/$15 or less and includes 30days, I would say it's worth it to buy, get to 50 and take a look at the endgame, see what all the fuss is about.

Quote Originally Posted by riftstalkerboss View Post
    With mists of pandaria around the corner, most people will run back to WoW in short order. Let me tell you pandas are irresistible.
    Funny I have no issue resisting them at all, in fact I find them ludicrous and a reason to stay away from WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    The trial won't show you what endgame is like, and that is where all the fun is. Levelling is not that great in RIFT, though it is better than launch after a year of tweaks and polish. The game can be bought often for £10/$15 or less and includes 30days, I would say it's worth it to buy, get to 50 and take a look at the endgame, see what all the fuss is about.

Funny I have no issue resisting them at all, in fact I find them ludicrous and a reason to stay away from WoW.
    I couldn't care less about panda's. The time schedule Trion releases new content with huge improvements to the game is already the reason I won't be playing WoW anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by irongar View Post
    Why don't you resub again
    I'd love to, but I'm playing Tera at the moment. And I'm also on a tight budget.

Deleted
    /Signed - the game is better than any current MMO. So much improvment over the last months. And a big update on test server

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by riftstalkerboss View Post
    It'll be a pass for me too. I've got no hate for the game I just lost interest in the game after so many years. There's tons of viable options now for other MMO's I don't need to be pigeon holed to the same one for 6+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Or am I just too used to play WoW with endgame gear or heirlooms in which you'll two-shot everything?
    Yup, that's it entirely.

I wonder why I have skills to build up Conviction but no other skills to unleash it as damage (only healing)?
    Convictions are also used to tank, as Justicar is a tanking soul. The more points you spend in Justicar, the more of a tank you become.

Also, what exactly is Ember Isle? Is it like Wintergrasp in WoW (PvP area with daily quests and stuff)? Am I forced to PvP there even on PvE servers?
    It's not a PVP zone. Just an elite level 50 zone with different rift mechanics and new quest lines. You still level post 50. Ember is the place to do it.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-05-27 at 03:58 PM.

Hi everybody , i recently came back to rift again after getting tierd of bli$$ard scamming people with stupid shiny pets and mounts anyway, I came back and first thing i saw was my shard (Bloodiron) was kinda one of most popular shards and now it kinda looks empty.

So now i convinced like 4-5 of my WoW real life mates to come with me to Rift and have fun , which shard would you suggest to transfer ?
    (by the way we're all defiants , royal servants of horde, power of the horde!) would be nice of you to suggest any good looking populated defiant shard for me and my friends to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomster View Post
    Funny story. I did want to come back. I got 3 days free game time when I logged it without even having to sub for a month (btw, bad idea, Trion Worlds, with this thingie, you'll see why).

My characters were on Whitefall, a very large server when I left about a year ago. 1st thing I noticed were a couple of tumbleweeds rolling nearby so I quickly logged out to see what's the actual population status of the server. It was prime time btw, I think about 18:00 o'clock. All servers were tagged "Low" in the server. I logged out laughing and deleted the game.

I mean seriously and without trolling, even now this game is not f2p ?!? Who the hell are the devs working for, 100 guys still playing the game ?!?
    First of all, Whitefall doesn't exist. Secondly a fairly quick look at one of the tracking sites shows that many servers are hitting medium or high and that a number of them are listed as medium right now, some time before peak hours (for US shards).

Nice try, jog on

Funny story. I did want to come back. I got 3 days free game time when I logged it without even having to sub for a month (btw, bad idea, Trion Worlds, with this thingie, you'll see why).

My characters were on Whitefall, a very large server when I left about a year ago. 1st thing I noticed were a couple of tumbleweeds rolling nearby so I quickly logged out to see what's the actual population status of the server. It was prime time btw, I think about 18:00 o'clock. All servers were tagged "Low" in the server. I logged out laughing and deleted the game.

I mean seriously and without trolling, even now this game is not f2p ?!? Who the hell are the devs working for, 100 guys still playing the game ?!?
    Or you just happened to log in when not a lot was going on?

It's 4pm on a holiday and only a handful of US servers were low pop as of 7 minutes ago.

MMOs don't need "10 million" players to be profitable and last years. Rift has fans, they support the game, Trion supports the game. Trion makes profit. Rift customers are enjoying themselves.

If comparing Rift to WOW's population density, than it'll never measure up. SWTOR, doesn't, Aion doesn't, Tera doesn't, etc. Yet those are all sustainable games w/o "WOW numbers".

There was ~100 people /who on Rift's Wolfbane this morning.

There was 87 people on the fleet this afternoon in TOR.

Yea, I'd say Rift is holding it's own quite well here.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-05-28 at 09:25 PM.

The game is not as popular in the EU. Those shards are always underpop'd compared to US afaik.

Whitefall is closed, dude.

Last edited by Fencers; 2012-05-28 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The game is not as popular in the EU. Those shards are always underpop'd compared to US afaik.
    If Whitefall had been a US server I might think maybe Whitefall was converted to a trial shard, and Randomster was seeing a list of trial shards, but it's an EU one and there are no EU trial shards for some reason. Trials end up on the main servers, and he would have been asked which server he wanted to move to. Definitely wouldn't be logging in, that's how I knew it was a load of tosh.

Also, there are 3-4 servers that are pretty much always medium on the EU side, would have had to be logging in very early morning to see all low population, definitely not during peak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randomster View Post

Whitefall has been a trial shard since January of this year according to the link you provided.

It is my understanding Whitefall closed. Doesn't appear on shard selection. See my edit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried Rift in beta and it didn't feel quite right, was a very nice game aesthetically but something felt slow with how the game worked. It might have been the dog of the pc is was using at the time though. Will try it again in the near future
    PC Specs
    Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Full Tower - CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3770K - CPU Cooler: Titan Fenrir Evo Extreme - Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V PRO - RAM: 16GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 1600 - GPU: 2GB GTX 680 - SSD: 120GB Intel 520 Series - HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB - PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Rift but due to my laptop being lame I can't play. It sucked being in raids with only 2-1 FPS and the lag was horrible. I still have an unused 60 day card somewhere around but I'm afraid of the lag diminishing my will to play.

Btw any nice or populous shards on US? (In case I play)
    Black Lives Matter