1.) This is a terrible tragedy.
    2.) That guy should be charged with murder.
    3.) Black people cause more crime per capita than white people, specifically violent crimes.
    4.) ^- Because of this, white people are afraid of black people.
    5.) Still, this kid shouldn't have been shot.

These are facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Plagued00 View Post
    Guns don't kill people. Idiots with guns kill people.
    if idiots couldnt access the guns they wouldnt kill anyone cause they are pussies

Quote Originally Posted by lphomiej View Post
    1.) This is a terrible tragedy.
    2.) That guy should be charged with murder.
    3.) Black people cause more crime per capita than white people, specifically violent crimes.
    4.) ^- Because of this, white people are afraid of black people.
    5.) Still, this kid shouldn't have been shot.

These are facts.
    2 and 5 are opinions. 1 technically is too, but no one will likely disagree with it. 4 is a generalization. 3 is the only one that can even fit the format of a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    if idiots couldnt access the guns they wouldnt kill anyone cause they are pussies
    And how do u suggest we find out whether someone is an idiot or not? IQ test? Racist test?
    I'm being facetious. There's no way to find out whether a seemingly perfectly sane person with no criminal record would shoot a black person randomly just because he is in his neighborhood.

---------- Post added 2012-03-18 at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    2 and 5 are opinions. 1 technically is too, but no one will likely disagree with it. 4 is a generalization. 3 is the only one that can even fit the format of a fact.
    2 isn't an opinion. You're just being a troll. Someone shot and killed someone. Second Degree Murder is a murder that is not premeditated or planned in advance. It should at least go to court. (Obviously it will, at least civilly). This guy won't be living in gated communities any time soon, either.

4 isn't an opinion. I'm sure you can find polling data about this. If you live in the midwest and there aren't any black people, then you obviously don't care. I live in Portland, OR where people are very racist (85+ percent white/Caucasian). My town is 95% white/Causasian. I'm from southern california where gang violence scares the shit out of people, and senseless murder is committed just for the sake of getting INTO a gang. (ie: someone shoots and kills another person in the drive through at Jack in the Box just to show he's hard core enough to join.

5 isn't an opinion. People are only allowed to shoot someone who is a perceived threat (ie: has a weapon which threatens the other person's life). You can't shoot an unarmed person you are chasing.

I will admit: the way this news is delivered gives me a reason to doubt whether the case they are making is true. This is the case whether the kid had an altercation with the man. We don't know. In addition, the cops haven't done their investigation and may not have provided all the facts to the media yet. Who knows?
    Last edited by lphomiej; 2012-03-18 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lphomiej
    2 isn't an opinion. You're just being a troll. Someone shot someone. It should at least go to court. (Obviously it will, at least civilly).
    Not everyone who shoots someone else should be (and isn't) charged with murder. You're the one trolling.

4 isn't an opinion. I'm sure you can find polling data about this. If you live in the midwest and there aren't any black people, then you obviously don't care. I live in Portland, OR where people are very racist (85+ percent white/Caucasian). My town is 95% white/Causasian. I'm from southern california where gang violence scares the shit out of people, and senseless murder is committed just for the sake of getting INTO a gang. (ie: someone shoots and kills another person in the drive through the Jack in the Box just to show he's hard core enough to join.
    I didn't say it was opinion. I said it was a generalization. Not all white people are afraid of black people.

5 isn't an opinion. People are only allowed to shoot someone who is a perceived threat (ie: has a weapon and threatens the other person's life). You can't shoot an unarmed person you are chasing.
    The human body can in some cases be regarded as a weapon. It's entirely possible that even though he was only 17, he could have been a much more skilled, aggressive, and relentless fighter in close combat than Zimmerman. I can imagine a quite real and quite possible situation how it could have played out that entirely justified a shooting in order to preserve his own life.

Personally, I do believe he could have gotten away without shooting him, but I don't know exactly what went down. It's still possible that the shooting was legally justified.

The people believing that Zimmerman is innocent are depraved, sick, sad excuses for life.

The guy has a history of aggression, complaints against him from people that live around him for his behavior and a weapon.
    Last edited by Dald; 2012-03-18 at 06:53 PM.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Not everyone who shoots someone else should be (and isn't) charged with murder. You're the one trolling.

I didn't say it was opinion. I said it was a generalization. Not all white people are afraid of black people.

The human body can in some cases be regarded as a weapon. It's entirely possible that even though he was only 17, he could have been a much more skilled, aggressive, and relentless fighter in close combat than Zimmerman. I can imagine a quite real and quite possible situation how it could have played out that entirely justified a shooting in order to preserve his own life.

Personally, I do believe he could have gotten away without shooting him, but I don't know exactly what went down. It's still possible that the shooting was legally justified.
    White people are afraid of black people. Not all white people are afraid of black people and not all white people who are afraid of black people are afraid of all black people. I know plenty of black people who've been white-washed to all heck. However, if you think you aren't afraid, then go walk around in Harlem, Oakland, or Compton (or any 'urban' population of black people for that matter). Then you probably would be if you lived near them. If you don't, then you're lucky.
    Interestingly enough, race-wise, black on black shootings are 98% of shootings involving a black person as the shooter. Only about 1% of the time are they killing a white person. That's another story, though.

Did you see the kid? He was small. Obviously they didn't show the guy, but c'mon... Even two small people probably can't kill each other with their bare hands.

At least this was an interesting thread to thumb through. Mostly trolls, though.

Okay - this video includes 911 calls...
    You can hear the kid screaming help in the background - until a gunshot...

So... the argument supporting Zimmerman is...?

15+ Year Old Account
    Guns are good, wanabee cops are good, vigalantes are good, presume any black kid is a criminal is good...
    Oh wait..

Fucked uped, nothing more can be said. It is FUCKED UPED.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post

Because ice tea and candy are obvious weapons of mass destructions...

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Because ice tea and candy are obvious weapons of mass destructions...
    had it been coke and mentos you might have had a case...

Correction: Zimmerman was permitted to carry a gun, but the fact still stands he was not permitted to carry a gun on patrol.
    Last edited by Snakeseye0; 2012-03-18 at 09:11 PM.

Yeah, put another mark down in the column that says that Zimmerman very much wanted to shoot someone.

One day we will live in a world where people get multiple sources for their information then make up their opinions based off of said FACTS.

- His own father said that the voice heard calling for help is NOT his son.

- People claiming that this "white guy" killed a "black kid" obviously didn't look anything up. Zimmerman is Hispanic. This has nothing to do with white/black relations.

I STRONGLY suggest everybody read this article http://communities.washingtontimes.c...media-tragedy/

---------- Post added 2012-03-18 at 01:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeseye0 View Post
    Reading all the post, seems no one had mentioned Zimmerman (the shooter) DID NOT HAVE a CCW permit, a license to carry a handgun‼ The fact that police IGNORED and decided not to enforce this law is irrefutable evidence there's corruption in the police and the local court system. The FBI must take over the case and this must be tried in a federal court.
    Please provide a source...because this quote

"As for any past legal blemishes, he was once arrested for battery on a law enforcement officer when he interfered in a friend’s arrest. The charge was reduced to simple battery, and he entered a plea that allowed him to have a clean record and qualify for a concealed weapons permit."

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/1...-habitual.html

Please look up information before you start to spread lies. Because it makes you look like an complete fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    You seem to be saying we should ignore racism as long as it's on both sides. Which, I'm sure you can understand, is a steaming horse-shit of an opinion.
    That's FAR from what i was saying, maybe you should re-read what i said. I said i was sick of the reverse racism. It's abundant.

Meaning, it's ok for african americans to have their own churches, schools, etc etc. Ok fine whatever. BUT if i as a white man opened up say a chruch and said whites only, i'd persecuted to no end. It's a double standard, and quite frankly i'm sick of it.
    Last edited by stopbeingdumb; 2012-03-18 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    - People claiming that this "white guy" killed a "black kid" obviously didn't look anything up. Zimmerman is Hispanic. This has nothing to do with white/black relations.
    White and Hispanic are not mutually exclusive characteristics. In fact, over 50% of Hispanic-Americans self identify as white -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_H...ic_information

One day we will live in a world where people get multiple sources for their information then make up their opinions based off of said FACTS.

His own father said that once that audio was cleaned up that it WAS his son.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeseye0 View Post
    Reading all the post, seems no one had mentioned Zimmerman (the shooter) DID NOT HAVE a CCW permit, a license to carry a handgun‼ The fact that police IGNORED and decided not to enforce this law is irrefutable evidence there's corruption in the police and the local court system. The FBI must take over the case and this must be tried in a federal court.
    No one mentioned it because it's not true; Zimmerman DID have a CCW.

I STRONGLY suggest everybody read this article http://communities.washingtontimes.c...media-tragedy/

"As for any past legal blemishes, he was once arrested for battery on a law enforcement officer when he interfered in a friend’s arrest. The charge was reduced to simple battery, and he entered a plea that allowed him to have a clean record and qualify for a concealed weapons permit."

Please look up information before you start to spread lies. Because it makes you look like an complete fool.
    I have not said anything about "race" and as someone already pointed out the father said it WAS his son after audio was cleaned up

Plea deal my ass. That last thing I would have thought being allowed is to own a gun even after you assaulted a police officer. Aren't neighborhood watches not even allowed to carry concealed weapons on patrol?