Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Unfortunately that is indeed the problem. If Zimmerman was assaulted in any way it would be very difficult to prove he wasn't afraid for his life, unless he screws up and says something stupid on the stand.
    Even if he wasnt assulted, as long as he didnt shot him in the back, whos to say he wasnt scared for his life anyway. He could just say he thought Martin was going for a weapon and so he fired. This law is so dangerous and it protects criminals.

And the facts are that Zimmerman, a grown man, was stalking random people at night with a gun. Just this fact alone should tell you that this guy is dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    So their point is, he had tattoos? Not illegal. And on the photo where he's making the gang signs, there's no trace of them again. Nor does it look anything like him and why does it say "Mario"?
    He had tattoos. No clue if gang-related.

He wasn't making gang signs, it was his top friend or something.

He supposedly swung at a bus driver.

He's clearly is known for being involved with drugs since people made memorials with a blunt in it.

He's clearly known for drugs, unless you think someone under the age of 18 is really looking for something besides weed when they say "pik up the fone or hmu we got buisness to talk!" and "damn were u at nigga needa plant"

I'm fairly certain the article is to show that despite what a very large majority of the country would like to believe, maybe this kid wasn't this precious little angel people are trying to make him out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    All that means is they can't claim it was Martin. Still contradicts Zimmerman's claim it was him shouting for help.
    Unless there is a recording from the time Zimmerman called 911 to the time the gun was fired, the tape would only prove that Zimmerman didn't yell for help within range of the phone, during the small time frame of the phone call.

Yes, I know that's a stretch, but factually, that's all it would prove.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Quote Originally Posted by blib View Post
    And the facts are that Zimmerman, a grown man, was stalking random people at night with a gun. Just this fact alone should tell you that this guy is dangerous.
    So, how exactly do we know he was "stalking" him, and was using this gun for "stalking" purposes.

You think he was "stalking" him with a gun. I think he was watching this guy, who he didn't know hang around his neighborhood while having a gun to protect himself.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I'm fairly certain the article is to show that despite what a very large majority of the country would like to believe, maybe this kid wasn't this precious little angel people are trying to make him out to be.
    I don't presume he was an angel and frankly I don't presume that the article you listed is not tinged with a certain degree of Bias. What we can say is that Zimmerman was the adult. With a weapon. Martin was a kid. Without a weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElfinHilon10 View Post
    No, they fucking do kill people you moron.

I'm sick and fucking tired of hearing this statement. This is dumbest thing I've heard.
    Do...do you need a hug?

PS if this is the dumbest thing you've heard, you are clearly new to the internet.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.

So their point is, he had tattoos? Not illegal. And on the photo where he's making the gang signs, there's no trace of them again. Nor does it look anything like him and why does it say "Mario"?
    you really didn't read that part well, it clearly said
    "On Trayvon’s MySpace page, at least one of his top friends, Romario305, is featured making a gang sign towards the camera in his default profile picture."
    Then Jesus said, 'I can offer you eternal salvation" and the Hunters asked "Can we have Kings or Might instead?" n00b 13:37

Of course he wasn't. He was a 17-year old boy. The very definition of an idiot, pumped full of puberty-related hormones. If the tweets, which I can't even decipher properly, do relate to weed, I wouldn't be surprised. Many young people at that age try it sooner or later. The source of all this information feels a little biased though.

Quote Originally Posted by endless View Post
    you really didn't read that part well, it clearly said
    "On Trayvon’s MySpace page, at least one of his top friends, Romario305, is featured making a gang sign towards the camera in his default profile picture."
    Ah, my bad. Figured, that guy looked nothing like the other photos. Then again, if I had a nickel for every guy on a social networking site having a picture of him- or herself doing a gangsign...
    Last edited by Mekh; 2012-04-03 at 03:09 AM.

He had tattoos. No clue if gang-related.

He wasn't making gang signs, it was his top friend or something.

He supposedly swung at a bus driver.

He's clearly is known for being involved with drugs since people made memorials with a blunt in it.

He's clearly known for drugs, unless you think someone under the age of 18 is really looking for something besides weed when they say "pik up the fone or hmu we got buisness to talk!" and "damn were u at nigga needa plant"

The liberal media intentionally chose a picture of the victim years old while he was a much more innocent looking teenager - more recent pictures show tattoos, gold "grills" and his style to look much more "thuggish". Any true community watch person worth a damn would keep an eye on such an individual wearing a hoodie walking around late at night.

Not to mention evidence being released now backs Zimmerman's claims that Miller wasn't infact innocent, and attacked him. The only question is whether the attack truly gave Zimmerman legitimate claims to "fear for his life" in compliance with Florida's "Stand your ground" laws.

EDIT: Also a funny thought, Zimmerman's father is white while his mother is hispanic. If his last name was Rodriguez, Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson wouldn't have blinked twice at this. Love the bias here.
    Last edited by Heilige; 2012-04-03 at 03:09 AM.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

So, how exactly do we know he was "stalking" him, and was using this gun for "stalking" purposes.

You think he was "stalking" him with a gun. I think he was watching this guy, who he didn't know hang around his neighborhood while having a gun to protect himself.
    He was out at night looking for "bad people" and he had a gun with him, he saw one that fited his desciption and started to stalke him. Which part of this is not true?

10+ Year Old Account
    even if martin got into some little trouble Zimmerman been in trouble in the past 2 so you cant really compare them.
    and for all the people defending Zimmerman about his right of stand his ground and the right to shoot him you guys need to look at the fact that :1 he stalked the kid, 2:had a gun and maybe display it at him, 3: probably tried to reach martin after stalking him that only would make you fear for you r life so that would also make the stand your ground law for martin, and idk if i am wrong here but if what i say make sense martin had all the right to attack Zimmerman in self defense because he feared for his life.

so stop looking at wen martin attacking Zimmerman and look at both picture both could be eligible for the law to apply but if martin fear for his life the law only apply to him and not Zimmerman but that we will never know because martin got shot to death

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Zimmerman had been sent to anger management programs several times. Their is some merit to the argument that a system of gun control with a bit more "teeth" would be effective.
    forgive me if i didnt see it earlier...but can you please link the source of this anger managment information
    Then Jesus said, 'I can offer you eternal salvation" and the Hunters asked "Can we have Kings or Might instead?" n00b 13:37

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I don't presume he was an angel and frankly I don't presume that the article you listed is not tinged with a certain degree of Bias. What we can say is that Zimmerman was the adult. With a weapon. Martin was a kid. Without a weapon.
    I didn't link the article. WHY the hell do people seriously still bring up the age thing?

The ONLY thing I potentially agree with you on is the weapon/no weapon comment. I think if anything, the law needs to be re-written to add that you can only use force commensurate with force being applied unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    The liberal media intentionally chose a picture of the victim years old while he was a much more innocent looking teenager - more recent pictures show tattoos, gold "grills" and his style to look much more "thuggish". Any true community watch person worth a damn would keep an eye on such an individual wearing a hoodie walking around late at night.

Not to mention evidence being released now backs Zimmerman's claims that Miller wasn't infact innocent, and attacked him. The only question is whether the attack truly gave Zimmerman legitimate claims to "fear for his life" in compliance with Florida's "Stand your ground" laws.
    Interesting. Zimmerman was not a true "community watch person". In fact he was doing quite the opposite when the police told him to go back into his house. A true community watchman that nobody in the neighbourhood wanted and who purposely ignores the suggestions of the local law enforcement.

Also their is no such thing as the liberal media. That's a fallacy. Their is money. That's what they chase. Sensationalism and Confrontation which brings money. If you think MSNBC is Liberal then you have no clue what real liberalism is like and more over what a real leftist party would be like.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-04-03 at 03:17 AM.

Even if he wasnt assulted, as long as he didnt shot him in the back, whos to say he wasnt scared for his life anyway. He could just say he thought Martin was going for a weapon and so he fired. This law is so dangerous and it protects criminals.
    It's not a brand new law, it's a few years old at this point and this is the first time I've heard of there being any issue.

Or was he a member of a crimewatch group patrolling his neighborhood because of a bunch of recent break-ins?

10+ Year Old Account
    To illustrate:

ABABABABAB

is a 50% match to

AAAAAAAAAA

The chance that the two are the same is nil.
    And to illustrate what they said a match would be:

ABABABABAB

ABABABBABA

They don't match at all. But by the measurement of the expert, they match.

Quote Originally Posted by endless View Post
    forgive me if i didnt see it earlier...but can you please link the source of this anger managment information
    It was in an interview on MSNBC with Zimmmermans buddy. Let me grab it for you.

Just under 3 minutes in they bring it up. You can ignore the usual partisan left/right bickering that goes on and focus on the important detail that Zimmerman went through anger management before and a case could be made he had a relapse or his counselling wasn't successful.

---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 03:12 AM ----------

I didn't link the article. WHY the hell do people seriously still bring up the age thing?

The ONLY thing I potentially agree with you on is the weapon/no weapon comment. I think if anything, the law needs to be re-written to add that you can only use force commensurate with force being applied unto you.
    Because its important. We expect adults in society to have better judgement. We don't expect that from children.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-04-03 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    tattoos, gold "grills" and his style to look much more "thuggish". [...] wearing a hoodie walking around late at night.
    I doubt Zimmerman was able to glean all these details on a distance, late a night, through a hoodie.

point of interest, no judging in any form, but you can enlist into the army at 17. also i hear the kid was 6'3" i dont have a source for that.
    note: i am not a zimmerman or martin supporter i just want to know the truth and am tired of photoshop lies on both side.

source http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joini...y/a/enlage.htm

He was out at night looking for "bad people" and he had a gun with him, he saw one that fited his desciption and started to stalke him. Which part of this is not true?
    See, you along with other martin supporters (not saying you are a supporter) see this as him stalking the kid. I know by "definition" you could call it stalking, but I call it a concerned citizen watch a person who they thought looked suspicious.

It's the same thing as that old lady who always watched you play in front of her house as a kid making sure you didn't do anything "bad" and didn't step on her grass.

As for the gun, again, it's not like he seen this person, said hey I'm going to use my gun and show people not to break-in to any houses in this neighborhood anymore.