Disruptor has been picked a lot recently to counter Naga Siren. I also really cant agree with him being useless later in the game. He needs levels to be effective and when he starts to have max in multiple skills thats when he shines.

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    I'm a noob but, once teamfighting shouldn't you have orb of truesight on your support if you are playing against a riki?
    it's better if some hero like qop can hold the gem. But gem is not only counter to invisibility. You can buy dust or wards.

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I've played game as Chen (very fun to play) and I wonder if it is possible to make spelled creeps to attack what I attack currently. It takes so long to click on each of 3 creeps and yet click on what you want them to attack. + If target dies they will just stand without doing anything.
    ctrl is unified command modifier on default settings. If you ctrl right click it will make all units under your control to move there. Same when you right click to a hero. All creeps will attack to that target.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-08-06 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    it's better if some hero like qop can hold the gem. But gem is not only counter to invisibility. You can buy dust or wards.

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 08:16 PM ----------

ctrl is unified command modifier on default settings. If you ctrl right click it will make all units under your control to move there. Same when you right click to a hero. All creeps will attack to that target.
    Presumably because qop has better chance of surviving and keeping hold of the gem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Disruptor has been picked a lot recently to counter Naga Siren. I also really cant agree with him being useless later in the game. He needs levels to be effective and when he starts to have max in multiple skills thats when he shines.
    Levels to be effective implies solo lane. He's like Puck in that regard, you need an early game level advantage or he can't kill anyone but that doesn't mean he's good late game. You max skills at 13, that is not late game. He wants levels because there's nothing you don't want to skill. His nuke is only good early game, but glimpse and field are too good not to have as well

http://dota-academy.com/hero/79/

There's how often he's been picked.

Presumably because qop has better chance of surviving and keeping hold of the gem?
    Yes but most of the time wards and dusts will do the job. You don't need to buy gem.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    After playing Dazzle a few times recently I'm kind of surprised he isn't used often. All of his skills are pretty fantastic, and while his heal isn't a thermonuclear device like Omni's, he also doesn't have a 30 second long cast animation, either. Get him a Medallion and a Soul Ring and, baby... you're in business. Neverending stream of heals, Medallion makes you a little tankier when not in use and lets your team really plow someone under when you pop it, and because he's a pretty decent farmer, you can get that Meka or Arcane Boots up quick, too.

And Shallow Grave is just nuts. Add an Omniknight for additional hilarity and giving a teammate 12 fucking seconds of invulnerability.

Plus Dazzle has a good attack animation, respectable base damage, and his projectiles are really fast. Makes last hitting and denying a breeze with him compared to a lot of other ranged supports (Rubick, CM, etc.)
    same reason as omni
    he need leveles there are just better heroes for 3-4

someone asked about this few pages ago
    heaven's halberd does not goes through bkb

I wonder how announcer packs will work. Yesterday I played HoN with one of my friends and there was like 5 different announcer packs in the game and it was a total mess. I can't explain how annoyed I was with words...especially dat gay announcer. I don't know if there is an option to close other announcer packs but if there is none, then I think the company develops(s2 games?) hon has made a decision that shits into their game. I hope they don't do same in DotA 2. I hope everyone listens their own announcer pack and people who have no announcer pack listens default one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I wonder how announcer packs will work. Yesterday I played HoN with one of my friends and there was like 5 different announcer packs in the game and it was a total mess. I can't explain how annoyed I was with words...especially dat gay announcer. I don't know if there is an option to close other announcer packs but if there is none, then I think the company develops(s2 games?) hon has made a decision that shits into their game. I hope they don't do same in DotA 2. I hope everyone listens their own announcer pack and people who have no announcer pack listens default one.
    As far as I know, if anyone in the game has announcer pack X you can pick that while in the loadout part.

Deleted
    You can even switch it during the game

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a noob but, once teamfighting shouldn't you have orb of truesight on your support if you are playing against a riki?
    Gem, dusts, and sentry wards don't prevent the smoke screen from happening, and gem is pretty expensive to carry around for most of the game since most heroes won't be tanky enough to carry it until later.

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 07:12 PM ----------

System just put me in as abandoning a game while I was waiting on them to push down our t3 towers. Our team had already decided to forfeit since it was clear we had three players who were very, very new to the game and were feeding their carries too much for us to be able to keep up.

And now I'll probably be in low priority for 24 hours because we, as a team, decided to let them end it quickly.

What in the flying fuck is with this game?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

you went afk for too long

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    you went afk for too long
    Yeah, apparently. I'm just wondering why there isn't a motherfucking surrender option. If your entire team is saying gg and go ahead and push to finish, why in the FUCK can't we just leave then instead of having to have our time wasted?

In fact, why in the fuck is the MMR system so complete fucking shit? I get nothing but fucking windowlicking idiots for teammates anymore, and half the time my enemies are idiots, too. Just how fucking hard is it to realize that some players are shit and some are a little less shit, and the little less shit players should never be playing with or against the absolute shit ones?

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 07:30 PM ----------

I want to learn to play the game better. I want to see my play improve over the weeks and months, like I saw happen in SC before Blizzard destroyed that game.

But I can't fucking get that when my teammates are shit, and/or when my opponents are shit. I need to be paired with and against players at my level, not with fucking asshats that don't give a shit about the game, don't fucking know how to play it, don't care that they don't know how to play it, and blame everyone but themselves for their failures.

And what is pissing me the fuck off is that, about two or three weeks ago, the system fucking worked. I was getting paired with and against players at my level fairly consistently. Sure, some games would be infested by BRs or RUs or just otherwise shit players and would be ruined, but they were the exception and not the rule.

Now, though? Almost every game is infested with shit players of one variety or another, fucking e-thug douchebag twats that spam WoW e-thug shit ("u jelly kid", etc), and it's just generally a shit experience. I've abandoned more games in the past week than I have in the previous 110+ hours I've played D2.

What the fuck is wrong with the MMR system? Are they not fucking aware of the fact that it's not working right now?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, apparently. I'm just wondering why there isn't a motherfucking surrender option.
    There are people out there, that don't rage flame cry qq want a surrender option in this game.
    if u want one: play LoL.

It rlly piss me off, that u 're rlly thinking there have to be such option.
    U would spam the whole game and threat people to death until they surrender and u can leave for "a better game".
    No Surrender Option for Dota2 pls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    Levels to be effective implies solo lane. He's like Puck in that regard, you need an early game level advantage or he can't kill anyone but that doesn't mean he's good late game. You max skills at 13, that is not late game. He wants levels because there's nothing you don't want to skill. His nuke is only good early game, but glimpse and field are too good not to have as well

http://dota-academy.com/hero/79/

There's how often he's been picked.
    He's one of those intelligence heroes that kinda needs a solo lane to gain levels fast but i'd just rather have Invoker/QoP/Tinker as a solo mid. He'll get murdered as a solo side-laner

Quote Originally Posted by shiq View Post
    It rlly piss me off, that u 're rlly thinking there have to be such option.
    U would spam the whole game and threat people to death until they surrender and u can leave for "a better game".
    No Surrender Option for Dota2 pls.
    You see i'd agree with this normally but I had a game where we'd clearly lost and were getting fountain camped by their team. They didn't clear any of the rax just the tier 3 tower on bottom lane that allowed them to get in. It was like this for 10 minutes before I threatened them with reports for bad manner. They soon finished the game but they still all got reported for it

If you've won the game, finish the game. I hate all this fountain camping, a bit of casual camping whilst clearing the base is fine but to literally ignore the base entirely just to fountain camp with pudge is ridiculous
    Last edited by Alraml; 2012-08-07 at 01:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    He's one of those intelligence heroes that kinda needs a solo lane to gain levels fast but i'd just rather have Invoker/QoP/Tinker as a solo mid. He'll get murdered as a solo side-laner

You see i'd agree with this normally but I had a game where we'd clearly lost and were getting fountain camped by their team. They didn't clear any of the rax just the tier 3 tower on bottom lane that allowed them to get in. It was like this for 10 minutes before I threatened them with reports for bad manner. They soon finished the game but they still all got reported for it

If you've won the game, finish the game. I hate all this fountain camping, a bit of casual camping whilst clearing the base is fine but to literally ignore the base entirely just to fountain camp with pudge is ridiculous
    My problem is that I've had games where it took them 40 minutes to win but we had very clearly lost by 15-20 minutes. When it's 35-3 at 20 minutes in and their Viper had like an 18 minute manta combined with boots and usual stuff... man, there's no fucking point in continuing that game, you aren't gonna win unless half their team d/c's. Sure, you could remove the autopenalty for abandoning games, but that just sounds like running a train through a carwreck to me.

I don't know. I just know that almost every game was a good game 3 weeks ago, and now almost every game is a waste of time these days, and I know that my play hasn't gotten worse.

My problem is that I've had games where it took them 40 minutes to win but we had very clearly lost by 15-20 minutes. When it's 35-3 at 20 minutes in and their Viper had like an 18 minute manta combined with boots and usual stuff... man, there's no fucking point in continuing that game, you aren't gonna win unless half their team d/c's. Sure, you could remove the autopenalty for abandoning games, but that just sounds like running a train through a carwreck to me.

I don't know. I just know that almost every game was a good game 3 weeks ago, and now almost every game is a waste of time these days, and I know that my play hasn't gotten worse.
    That is really frustrating. I've had that happen to me a few times. I just went AFK and died a little inside.

High Overlord Ultraviolet Harmonies's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, apparently. I'm just wondering why there isn't a motherfucking surrender option. If your entire team is saying gg and go ahead and push to finish, why in the FUCK can't we just leave then instead of having to have our time wasted?
    In HoN there was a forfeit option. As soon as your team was not leading and someone died twice at fifteen minutes - a concede vote would start. If you did not want to concede, these people would afk in fountain or votekick you. Truth is forfeit options are a lazy exit for players who are incredibly mediocre.

In fact, why in the fuck is the MMR system so complete fucking shit? I get nothing but fucking windowlicking idiots for teammates anymore, and half the time my enemies are idiots, too. Just how fucking hard is it to realize that some players are shit and some are a little less shit, and the little less shit players should never be playing with or against the absolute shit ones?

But I can't fucking get that when my teammates are shit, and/or when my opponents are shit. I need to be paired with and against players at my level, not with fucking asshats that don't give a shit about the game, don't fucking know how to play it, don't care that they don't know how to play it, and blame everyone but themselves for their failures.
    I don't know, have you considered the option that these people actually are at your level? What basis have you when saying that the matchmaking system is broken? Do you have any form of tangible proof at all? Are you delusional?

don't care that they don't know how to play it, and blame everyone but themselves for their failures
    Well that's ironic.

Has anyone followed PotM Bottom? Lately they've been playing incredibly well, their games against CLG and Quantic in Prodota2 league were a real pleasure to watch. Really professional DotA at its peak.

I played with a guy FROM PotM Bottom, apparently. He was garbage though, I think it was a lie. That's my experience with the team so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I played with a guy FROM PotM Bottom, apparently. He was garbage though, I think it was a lie. That's my experience with the team so far.
    Must be since Potmbtm are raping lately

They were running a 5 intelligence aggressive team 1 game

<<< that was my face throughout it. No i'm not a fox =)
    Last edited by Alraml; 2012-08-07 at 01:49 AM.

dat 5 int team?