10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    It's annoying that a lot of people in the community don't know about the effectiveness of having multiple boots items.
    The other day I had to interrupt my game to flame back a silencer and cm that were flaming me for phase boots and power treads on juggernaut.
    I know it's not the optimal build but they just assumed I didn't know movement speed on boots doesn't stack.It's not the first time so it seems like there's a general lack of knowledge about boots in the community?
    Why in the world would you buy both treads and phase?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Why in the world would you just stop playing to flame people if the game isn't even over?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Why in the world would you buy both treads and phase?
    I already had phaseboots,and I wanted to go for more health,power treads give awesome ias and strength.It's not optimal but it's decent and I felt like it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 03:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Why in the world would you just stop playing to flame people if the game isn't even over?
    No I didn't stop playing entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already had phaseboots,and I wanted to go for more health,power treads give awesome ias and strength.It's not optimal but it's decent and I felt like it.
    Okay... well, that's a very stupid decision to make, so that's why you were getting flamed. If you want stats, make Drums.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Or just buy 3 wraith bands for the same price.

I'm going to have to agree. I can't really think of Treads+Phase being anything but extremely situational. Treads are 1400g and if you don't get the movement speed you pretty much only get 25 IAS and +8 stats for it, which is terribly gold inefficient. With a bit more money you could have Drums/Midas/Yasha which all give you a much bigger boost.

Though my point still stands, it doesn't matter if your choice was wrong or right, you only need to mute people and carry on playing instead of wasting your time.

I've seen Axe go for BoTranq+ArcaneBoots combo quite a few times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I've seen Axe go for BoTranq+ArcaneBoots combo quite a few times.
    It's because you can disassemble those boots and they have separate cooldowns. You disassemble boots, make the other pair, pop the mana restore, and then disassemble and switch back to tranq.

It's because you can disassemble those boots and they have separate cooldowns. You disassemble boots, make the other pair, pop the mana restore, and then disassemble and switch back to tranq.
    I know. The point is, it works and is totally useful, if a bit situational.

Yeah, and considering the key to that chest has been a top seller for about 2 weeks over the 5 other keys that evidently was a pretty bad call from Valve. Glad you're back with you insightful opinions though, I would have mistakenly thought she got it for being the most popular workshop contributor since the Polycount contest if you hadn't pointed out the real reason.
    When did I ever say it wasn't going to sell well, you poopypants little dumbass?

Yes it's really popular, both because it's Anuxi and because it's 'DA FIRST EVAR CONTRIBUTER CHEST!!' (and if you seriously think the top seller list is ever legitimate and not fixed by valve so Keys/etc always appear at the top, please euthanize yourself ASAP), I just can't see any other real reason besides she's a girl who streams herself often and gets easy fanfare from it. Vlad the Implyer could model Anuxi into a hole, but outside Dotacinema 'top 5 workshop items' I barely see him or 'da boiz' get any attention at all.

I just wish Anuxinamoon was able to do more than 2 themes
    Same hairstyle and FEATHERS I NEED MORE FEATHERS on pretty much every set
    Single items are quite varied, but I dont think she ever did a complete set that didnt have the same hairstlye and feathers
    I think the issue is she does most of her stuff for JUST female heroes, and the reason she does so many feathers is because feathers are actually sort of easy to make and they come out looking really complex and good, she uses the sort of 'ridged layers' (I have no idea what the actual term for it is, if there is one) style in a ton of her stuff (like the feathers, Windrunner's ugly giant ponytail thingy, etc etc) I mean, it's not like she's bad or anything, but she didn't deserve to have the very first community contributor crate.

If anything it should have been a Pyrion Flax crate and all it would do is give you a virus and uninstall dota.

Please do not insult other users. --Sj
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-04-14 at 08:25 PM.

Just because you don't like her doesn't mean she might not be one of the top selling artists. I highly doubt Valve went through the effort to analyze modelers for their level of expertise, instead of just making a crate they knew would sell at fanatical rates. It really is all about the money, let's not forget that.

And it's not just about making good items, but making them for heroes people like. Be the best artist in the world, but if all you do is make Meepo sets you're not going to get your own crate, no one would buy it because no one plays Meepo but me.

You seem to be trying to argue that the decision should be made on skill, which is completely subjective and ambiguous. Instead, they can just base it on popularity which you have already agreed the people you mention/support? do not win at. Let's not forget that she might have been popular BEFORE the chest instead of assuming Valve just picked a random person to elevate to dota2 modeling deity status.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Or just buy 3 wraith bands for the same price.
    Could work ofc but I wouldn't wanna nuke my inventory space.

Or if you like HP and attack speed that much just get armlet every game on every hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Or if you like HP and attack speed that much just get armlet every game on every hero.
    Or, you know... Drums. Since it's about the same cost and gives the same stats...

Deleted
    I'm going to have to agree. I can't really think of Treads+Phase being anything but extremely situational. Treads are 1400g and if you don't get the movement speed you pretty much only get 25 IAS and +8 stats for it, which is terribly gold inefficient. With a bit more money you could have Drums/Midas/Yasha which all give you a much bigger boost.

Though my point still stands, it doesn't matter if your choice was wrong or right, you only need to mute people and carry on playing instead of wasting your time.
    Have to point this out,power treads give 30IAS,even checked on wiki.And I disagree when you say it's terribly gold inefficient.Maybe clear this up.
    In fact I think pt's are awesome without the movement speed.
    Not saying it's optimal,but it's good.

I'm gonna randomly compare to the yasha.
    It has like 36 movespeed
    16 damage
    31 attack speed
    (2.2 armor)
    so 47 offensive stats and 36 movespeed for 2050 gold.

Compared to power treads as 2nd boots :
    38(30) attack speed
    8 damage (152hp)
    so 46 offensive stats for 1400 gold,comparing to 2050 gold it would be 67.36 offensive stats or 43.93 with 152hp.
    So if you look at it you'd trade 36 movespeed for 20.36 offensive stats.Optimal?Not claiming to but plain bad or stupid?Don't think so.

Or, you know... Drums. Since it's about the same cost and gives the same stats...
    Drums is not nearly the same IAS though. Lots of other stats but since he love IAS Armlet would probably be a more fun item. I gave a fun solution to his not so optimal playstyle since that seem to be why he picks the items he picks without any logical reasoning behind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    plain bad or stupid?Don't think so.
    Yes, it really is. You're spending 1400 gold for 30 IAS and 8 of a stat.

Armlet gives armor, a crapton of str and dmg, and 5 less IAS in an item that heads and shoulders above anything a second pair of treads could give you.

Deleted
    Yes, it really is. You're spending 1400 gold for 30 IAS and 8 of a stat.

Armlet gives armor, a crapton of str and dmg, and 5 less IAS in an item that heads and shoulders above anything a second pair of treads could give you.
    No it's not.You're not thinking about the gold difference.Upgrading the stats from the boots to 2600 gold you actually get 55IAS and 16.72 of a stat.
    That's not stupid wasted gold.It's actually decently spent gold.
    Stupid or bad would be going for int items.It's just that a lot of players like you can't resist the easy illusion that because someone stacks boots even if the game explicitly says that movespeed doesn't stack on boots you feel empowered to flame and treat them like noobs...and frankly the ignorance and irony from this is huge and tiring.

Also not to make my point with this,but to reinforce it,I actually saw a pro run phase boots+power treads a few days ago on starladder vids.
    This is not a ''he saw a pro doing it'' since I was already running this a few weeks ago but I'm not the only one thinking this works.
    Last edited by mmocba4f7a59a4; 2013-04-14 at 11:41 PM.

Deleted
    No it's not.You're not thinking about the gold difference.Upgrading the stats from the boots to 2600 gold you actually get 55IAS and 16.72 of a stat.
    That's not stupid wasted gold.It's actually decently spent gold.
    Stupid or bad would be going for int items.It's just that a lot of players like you can't resist the easy illusion that because someone stacks boots even if the game explicitly says that movespeed doesn't stack on boots you feel empowered to flame and treat them like noobs...and frankly the ignorance and irony from this is huge and tiring.

Also not to make my point with this,but to reinforce it,I actually saw a pro run phase boots+power treads a few days ago on starladder vids.
    This is not a ''he saw a pro doing it'' since I was already running this a few weeks ago but I'm not the only one thinking this works.
    But what made you think you needed a little bit of AS and 8 STR? Did you want to fight early? Drums is way better for that as your spin is strong early and Drums give you well needed move speed. It's not like you are gonna right click people with that extra AS early game when you're so easily kited without Drums or Yasha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    But what made you think you needed a little bit of AS and 8 STR? Did you want to fight early? Drums is way better for that as your spin is strong early and Drums give you well needed move speed. It's not like you are gonna right click people with that extra AS early game when you're so easily kited without Drums or Yasha.
    I don't enjoy going on google,looking for a guide to reveal to me what the best build is for each hero and then done.I enjoy growing and learning this at my pace,be it slow or fast.I have of plenty of games to try drums on juggernaut,I wanted to go for boots on that one because I like more survivablity tied with more dps.I might not be doing ''my best for team'' but I'm certainly not handicapping myself because I still chose very decent items.
    Last edited by mmocba4f7a59a4; 2013-04-15 at 12:41 AM.