Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    manta
    how does manta (and illusions in general) works with bash anyway?

i remeber in dota 1 illusions applying fake stun and it was not recommened to build mana on bash heroes

Noticing you don't mention Crystalys/Daedalus. Any particular reason? o.o

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Noticing you don't mention Crystalys/Daedalus. Any particular reason? o.o
    I always go for daedalus when I play fv. I find the crit a nice bonus along with his 3rd skill. And does the illusions from manta stun the target?

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    how does manta (and illusions in general) works with bash anyway?

i remeber in dota 1 illusions applying fake stun and it was not recommened to build mana on bash heroes
    fake stun extends your bash in DotA, no?

so http://www.playdota.com/mechanics/illusions

bash abilities work in DotA, the item doesn't (mkb works)

either way it does not fake stun in dota 2 (i don't know about animations)

illusions cannot bash
    Last edited by Longview; 2013-09-06 at 07:13 PM.

Manta is all around one of the best items in the game for any hero, especially agility heroes. One of the single best items for boosting your offense and defense at the same time.

Daedalus is good for damage but Sniper doesn't actually need much damage.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any pro out there tell me how to play lifestealer? Like what should I get and should I jungle early game or later on?

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Daedalus is good for damage but Sniper doesn't actually need much damage.
    Sniper? Weren't you talking about Faceless earlier? O.o

- - - Updated - - -

Shadow Fiend wondered why I got a BKB in my last match on Faceless... Promptly thereafter ES absolutely hammers everyone with a well-timed wombo combo, with Magnus picking up what was left.

Still standing: BKB'd faceless void.

This a game with a shit match for my farm, but beautiful Chronospheres. Why's it gotta work like that?

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Any pro out there tell me how to play lifestealer? Like what should I get and should I jungle early game or later on?
    if you are jungle and you dont get pooled get stout shield, tangos, and quelling blade

go scout the rune first, don't choose your spell just yet

take the rune or ping it/say where the rune is to tell your team, spec into feast if you didn't run into any enemies you could have killed (for example if the enemy offlaner is running to ward your pull camp you might kill him with open wounds and an ally).

go wait for easy camp to spawn at :30, kill it (if you don't kill it before :52, just stack it). kill easy camp again. you are now level 2 and you should head towards a medium camp and kill it before the next minute mark. sometimes you have a couple of more seconds here after killing the medium camp (you may run and pull the medium pull camp if you're low on hp for some reason, and autoattack the neutrals with the highest percentage of health), and you should use this time to stack a medium or big camp. once you get this down (you can do this alone in a lobby, i did that for hours to try to beat my time (i can not remember exactly but i think i had midas, boots and armlet at 13:10 or something at best)), you can stack the same camp three or four times, and use infest to clear out the stack once you're level six.

make a decision of whether or not you want to build a hand of midas. the glove of haste helps your jungle, and allows you to jungle faster and with more hp. i like picking one up as the first item (maybe a salve if spawns are hard). if you don't want a midas (you should never build a midas versus a midgame/pushing-lineup unless your team has great counter-pushing or teamfight capabilities). you can also look to invest in a ring of basilius. it's cheap and helps with lifestealer's mana issues early on. it also gives him a pretty good boost in armor, which helps if you want to tank creeps or kill heroes. you can later on turn it into a vladimir's offering (it's legit if you have another melee damage dealer or have a pushing/midgame-lineup)

you should get open wounds at level 2 (don't be afraid to use it on the bigger creeps, no sense in being full mana until you cast infest on the stack), and either rage at level 3 or another point in feast (you should be getting a feel about whether or not your current lifesteal is sufficient to sustain your jungling while not being low hp (and a free kill)). if you got rank 2 feast, get rage at level 4 and then start putting points into open wounds. max open wounds first, unless you're doing a lot of fighting. if you're fighting a lot, another point or two into rage is probably better if your team doesn't have good midgame teamfight). open wounds casting rate goes up 200/300/400/500, the life leech (which gives everyone on your team lifesteal, even with spells) goes up, and the cooldown goes down. the range used to be 600 for all ranks which meant you could leave it at level 1 (600 range 70% slow with 15% allied lifesteal was incredibly strong), but now you want to max this sooner rather than later.

turn that glove into power treads or armlet. some people prefer phase boots, but i prefer going for the gloves of haste before building them. after finishing midas or phase boots, build an armlet. if you get a midas, you might want to consider building something like drums->sange+yasha->basher and skip armlet entirely. if you don't get a midas, and you don't mind phase boots over power treads, armlet is the better choice.

try to scout the rune as often you can (after stacking you can spend the fifteen seconds or whatever it takes to scout the rune) if your team does not have wards on the runes. a double damage or regen rune may drastically increase your jungling speed, an illusion rune allows you to stack two camps at once, blocking camps, and scouting. a haste rune or an invis rune can turn into a gank on the sidelane or the mid lane. you want to help out your lanes even when you're jungling. if you see an opportunity for a kill with your slow, go for it.

lifestealer is better played on the lane (even though he is my favourite jungler), and has good lane presence. lane-farm will net you more gold, and easy access to the side shop makes you a bigger threat to enemies than if you are relying on a walking courier in the jungle. if you do lane, get one point in every ability and then decide on open wounds or rage. rage is better if you're getting outlaned.

i haven't played lifestealer in a while but i think that's it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Isn't Desolator a unique attack modifier or wtv it's called? Using it with Mjolnir won't let either of its passive to work, right?
    Malestrom's orb only overrides other orbs/UAMs when it procs, which is 25% of the time. So your Desolator would be applying its UAM every time Maelstrom didn't proc. Since Desolator's buff lasts for several seconds, it's not really foolish to get both - Desolator will still have pretty much 100% uptime even if every few attacks end up being a Maelstrom proc rather than Desolator.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

just played riki for the first time tonight. why would anyone play anything else

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    -snip-
    Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    just played riki for the first time tonight. why would anyone play anything else
    Because he is too easy too counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Because he is too easy too counter.
    This. Any half decent team will start carrying dust and throwing sentries down in lane as soon as you hit level 6 on Riki. He's a really fun hero, especially in low level play, but he's so easy to counter.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-09-07 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    This. Any half decent team will start carrying dust and throwing sentries down in lane as soon as you hit level 6 on Riki. He's a really fun hero, especially in low level play, but he's so easy to counter.
    noobs get so scared

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Really easy to shut his farm down with either a Sand King or a Dark Seer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Gotta hate when a person jungles as axe and doesn't come in lane to harass. I always preferred laning as axe and using jungle as a "safer" spot to farm if the situation calls for it.

The level of wat from games like this. Everyone on my team was sub-300 GPM? Wat. http://dotabuff.com/matches/302102387

anybody else intentionally feed with sniper to relieve stress

10+ Year Old Account
    What is with people calling X heroes "Noob Heroes" Seriously
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

http://i.imgur.com/YtIVFNf.jpg

I want all of you to see this. it made me lol so hard on /d2g/

which one are you