10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    He got outplayed. It happens at any MMR or skill level. But you coming in saying it's easy is just ridiculous. It's like saying kicking a ball into a goal is easy then not being able to do it yourself. Who the fuck does that? And Fear didn't panic. He just didn't see the Psi Blades coming.
    Running away in a straight line instead of realizing psi blades only affects a straight line and therefore TA has to constantly reposition herself relative to the creep in a narrow angle of effect isn't panicking?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Running away in a straight line instead of realizing psi blades only affects a straight line and therefore TA has to constantly reposition herself relative to the creep in a narrow angle of effect isn't panicking?
    Where does he run in a straight line? After the first time he gets hit he moves forward to dodge the Meld-Psi which DF misses. QoP then switches to other side but DF hits two Psi Blades with fast and small movements. The fourth Psi Blade no one saw coming. DF was ahead of all his creeps then suddenly stops, runs behind a creep and do a deny-Psi Blade which brings QoP to 100 HP. The killing one was just a well aimed Psi Blade and even there the QoP doesn't move in a straight line. If he was panicking he would have ran home to base after he blinked. Not stay to last hit some creeps. He just didn't see the Psi Blades coming.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-08-23 at 11:11 PM.

Implying it's hard to kill a qop that's running away from you in a straight line and isn't blinking or doing anything otherwise intelligent and is in raw, "oh shit oh shit oh shit" panic mode.
    Fear changed direction before the second to last hit, and he blinked away after it connected, he would have been fine if he kept running towards T2 but he got greedy. And 99% of players wouldn't think to dive like that with the enemy creep wave coming in VS QoP who will wreck you if she gets a shadow strike in under the tower as you turn to run away. I don't even know why you think Fear is in any kind of panic mode when he's calm enough to criticize his own play ("I just took like 800 damage for no reason") and he even stops to try to juke the incoming hit and attempts to Scream that creep down.

...Maybe it's about time you stopped dropping random bullshit remarks about game balance and actually tried to argue your case.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Just a question, do you play with that Lion, or did you just happen to get a Lion who seems to have rush Agh's twice? o.o Personally I think Agh's on Lion is only really good with Magnus/Enigma/Dark Seer, which is probably what veiledy meant by it being a poor choice 19/20 times.

Personally, without watching a replay, maybe try setting up ganks more or something? Seems like the rest of your team struggled a bit to keep up in that Sven game, just going by levels/deaths, maybe going around might of helped a bit? I'll let Ariadne judge that though.
    Nah it was just a coincidence, that lion was a girl named "dotachik" who didn't know how to pull camps. Not really someone I'd want to queue with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Fear changed direction before the second to last hit, and he blinked away after it connected, he would have been fine if he kept running towards T2 but he got greedy. And 99% of players wouldn't think to dive like that with the enemy creep wave coming in VS QoP who will wreck you if she gets a shadow strike in under the tower as you turn to run away. I don't even know why you think Fear is in any kind of panic mode when he's calm enough to criticize his own play ("I just took like 800 damage for no reason") and he even stops to try to juke the incoming hit and attempts to Scream that creep down.

...Maybe it's about time you stopped dropping random bullshit remarks about game balance and actually tried to argue your case.
    I'm not arguing about game balance here, I'm arguing about the idea that these are the best players in the game yet they're clearly making major mistakes. People talk about these players as though they're half a step away from being god, as though they don't make mistakes, and as though they know everything there is to know about everything in the game.

And yet he clearly just made some big blunders and died because of it.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Nah it was just a coincidence, that lion was a girl named "dotachik" who didn't know how to pull camps. Not really someone I'd want to queue with.
    Ok, I was just curious on those chances of that happening. That sucks then honestly.

Deleted
    I'm not arguing about game balance here, I'm arguing about the idea that these are the best players in the game yet they're clearly making major mistakes. People talk about these players as though they're half a step away from being god, as though they don't make mistakes, and as though they know everything there is to know about everything in the game.

No, you are saying my reasoning is shitty because I think it's ridiculous to say something is easy to do then not being able to do it yourself. You are also saying Fear panicked when there is no indication of it. You haven't told us where he panicked and you said he ran in a straight line when he did anything but that.

His mistake was not respecting DF's ability to hit Psi Blades. Any other TA would probably have not hit all those Psi Blades. You are talking as if about any player would have hit those.

You just throw random bullshit without ever having anything to back it up with except because you said so. And when you get called out on your exaggerations you don't respond but just jump to the next thing you think is broken because you lost to it in a 2k MMR pub game.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-08-24 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Ok, I was just curious on those chances of that happening. That sucks then honestly.
    Getting a Lion that rushes Agh's in 2 consecutive games is nothing unusual in low MMR. Agh's is like the Brown Boots of Supports there, a must have. Force Staff doesn't give damage, who needs that shit.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Banned from matchmaking for 24 hours for missing 3 queue pops over the course of a whole day. Volvo why?
    Is that really how it works? I've only declined a queue like once or twice, all it did was stop me from using the queue for like 2 minutes I think after.

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Getting a Lion that rushes Agh's in 2 consecutive games is nothing unusual in low MMR. Agh's is like the Brown Boots of Supports there, a must have. Force Staff doesn't give damage, who needs that shit.
    I'm actually starting to really enjoy Force Staff and Blink dagger.
    In fact, I love using them both together, like Batrider. Did it on Venge too last time I played her, so I could blink to ult to force staff away. It feels so fun.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still have trouble convincing my terrible friends that blink dagger is vastly superior to force staff... EDIT: on heroes like pudge/lion.
    Well, it all depends on how they use it.
    Blink Dagger is an offensive item, use it to initiate and get a good stun off/ land an unexpected hook from the trees.

Force staff is awesome for utility and defensive purposes. Forcestaff your carry out of a black hole or forcestaff the enemy weaver to break his linkens and stuff like that.

Both are really good items, but they have way different usages.

So the mentality in here is that he died because he played badly and not because the other player played well?

Besides, everyone does badly in pubs every now and then for whatever reasons. Like this guy http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/833736466 assuming it was him playing. Nobody gives enough fucks to actually take pub games seriously 100% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    You just throw random bullshit without ever having anything to back it up with except because you said so. And when you get called out on your exaggerations you don't respond but just jump to the next thing you think is broken because you lost to it in a 2k MMR pub game.
    I back it up all the time. I'm sorry that self-evident problems aren't immediately visible to you, but trust me, they're there.

Banned from matchmaking for 24 hours for missing 3 queue pops over the course of a whole day. Volvo why?
    That sounds pretty excessive :-/

Deleted
    do you actually believe in the all the bs you spew, pizza?

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    im not low MMR though, 3.8 is above average I thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldarin View Post
    When I play, I usually prefer taking a solo offlane or jungle. If someone has already picked a offlane hero or stated that they wish to play a solo offlane, I tend to go with a jungler. I jungle doom when there is a solo offlaner and the enemy has some hero worth shutting down, like tinker or puck. It is slow and sorta painful, but I'm terrible with heroes like enigma and nature's prophet. Chen and Enchantress are even worse when I play them, I can't tab-cast worth a damn.

Ideally, I'd like to get level 3-4 and some farm before heading into the jungle, but those levels are the most important, because they are a core factor whether or not the solo laner is winning his lane.

What I do hate however, is when someone picks bloodseeker and goes into the jungle after everyone has picked for dual lanes. Nothing worse than a solo dazzle vs Lich and viper
    I hate jungling carrys with a passion, in particular doom. As somebody who primarily plays support it is an absolute bastard to be the only support on a team. This goes doubly in my bracket (3.6k) where a lot of people are still of the mind set that mek = an item only supports get. The majority of dooms I come across just spend the first 10 odd minutes of the game afk'ing in the jungle farming really slowly, don't buy a mek despite me politely asking them to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    im not low MMR though, 3.8 is above average I thought.
    I personally consider the mid 3k bracket to be slightly above average although at its worse I'd say its average, there are actually quite a few people below that who could be better but simply don't bother to read any proper guides or do any personal research into the game.

Deleted
    mek heals, why on earth would anyone who isnt support want to buy a mek?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are some carries that are good mek holders, I don't know about a jungle doom picking it up first, but I know depending on who you have that mek isn't always a support only item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frud View Post
    Death ball meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    what tojara said, typically tanky ones or those that have good teamfight presence. current meta is fighting early and/or pressuring towers if i'm not mistaken, and supports are usually focused on getting... support items like wards while surrendering last hits likely will get late meks.

10+ Year Old Account
    So that supports can buy other things. Meka handles need for HP, armor, regen, etc for pretty much any hero that can reliably afford the mana cost. Doesn't matter who buys it as long as someone has it.

It's common enough to be considered core on support Lucy, Viper, etc.