10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously this game was when I was significantly worse and in a worse mmr but still, cmon please...

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/376642027

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    And you can just do the same with a gyro, QoP, SF, PL, the list goes on.
    Because QoP vs. Undying is common during laning phase? Also, how should QoP be able to take down a tombstone fast?

Same thing goes for SF, SF hardly ever sits on easy lane, comparing a hero that goes mid close to 90% to a hero that always goes safelane doesn't make that much sense to me.

PL sucks during early except for Spirit Lance harassment, Troll is a greater lane bully.

Infact their early teamfight is better since they dont need items, like at all.
    PL doesn't need items?

And Gyro needs items, because he can't go into Melee Range unless he's sure to survive it, and if he doesn't go into melee for Barrage, his Dps sucks during early.

What im trying to say is that Troll is a far better Hardcarry than smth like Spectre or AM currently, because he can do stuff during the Laning Phase, the fact that he can take down something like Tombstone very quickly benefits on this, because Undying seems to be everybodies favorite on the Offlane currently.

Comparing him to Heroes like QoP & SF doesn't make any sense to me, those heroes play a totally different role and do not compete with Troll for Safelane farm at all.

Troll is not anywhere a lane bully like gyro, qop, undying. Hell troll is not even in the top 20 of lane bullies of this game lol.
    Compared to Hardcarries like Spectre / AM / WK / PL he sure as hell is one.

And he's probably the only Hard carry that can be left alone on Easy lane after gaining an XP advantage over the offlaner and still be able to zone him out of XP range.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2015-05-14 at 11:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.ru.dotabuff.com/matches/1468134224
    Why i can't be like all the cool kids
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I have been immortalized in the form of Purge's subgames, yay. ♪┏(・o・)┛♪
    2:21:17 for all-pick and 3:27:36 for ARDM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    You mean you didn't even get a refresher ?

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1258341571
    There wasn't enough time, only 26 minute game or something!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    http://www.ru.dotabuff.com/matches/1468134224
    Why i can't be like all the cool kids
    You don't steal enough kills, 'gotta work on that "last hitting."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    And he's probably the only Hard carry that can be left alone on Easy lane after gaining an XP advantage over the offlaner and still be able to zone him out of XP range.
    Unless they're Tidehunter (seriously, how has Anchor Smash not been nerfed?)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Unless they're Tidehunter (seriously, how has Anchor Smash not been nerfed?)
    Nobody cares about Tidehunter.

I mean this guy is freaking immortal with 4/4 Kraken Shell in early game and can easily clear out stacked Ancients at lvl 4 if Offlane is not going well.

48 Dmg block + 60% dmg reduce renders most right klicks from enemies near useless early on.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2015-05-14 at 04:54 PM.

Nobody cares about Tidehunter.
    We do care about Tidehunter. We just keep quiet about him lest the almighty Valve take notice and nerf him. I don't want that to happen, I like Tidehunter. I love it when people on my team pick him, and I really love the fact that he's now more than just a Ravage bot. Unfortunately, nerfing him is going to push him back into being nothing more than a walking ultimate, and before long we'll see him getting stupid buffs to Ravage like CM's ult keeps getting so he makes his way back into the meta again.

I've hardly seen Tidehunter lately, in pub or pro matches.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    We do care about Tidehunter. We just keep quiet about him lest the almighty Valve take notice and nerf him. I don't want that to happen, I like Tidehunter. I love it when people on my team pick him, and I really love the fact that he's now more than just a Ravage bot. Unfortunately, nerfing him is going to push him back into being nothing more than a walking ultimate, and before long we'll see him getting stupid buffs to Ravage like CM's ult keeps getting so he makes his way back into the meta again.
    Tidehunters main issue is that if he levels Kraken Shell and Anchor Smash, his kill potential goes down, Gush is much better to kill heroes, it is however crap during laning phase unless you're playing on a super aggresive lane.

He is good as solo Offlaner however, hard to zone out of XP range, since he can pick up boots quite early because he has no need for stout shield and even if he's vs a trilane, with Anchor & Kraken he becomes hard to kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tidehunters main issue is that if he levels Kraken Shell and Anchor Smash, his kill potential goes down, Gush is much better to kill heroes, it is however crap during laning phase unless you're playing on a super aggresive lane.

He is good as solo Offlaner however, hard to zone out of XP range, since he can pick up boots quite early because he has no need for stout shield and even if he's vs a trilane, with Anchor & Kraken he becomes hard to kill.
    You only need a value point in Gush. Cast range, duration, cooldown, mana cost, and effect are all constant, the only thing that increases is damage and armor reduction. In most cases I would rather have stats than extra points in Gush, at least for the early game.

Tidehunter is super OP, honestly. Anchor Smash should have reversed scaling - 60/50/40/30 MP cost and 30/40/50/60% damage reduction. It's way too strong with just one point in it, to the point that Tide can literally mash Anchor Smash on cooldown as long as the enemy hero(es) are in lane and effortlessly win the lane. Combined with even just 1 point in Kraken Shell he'll take almost no damage while dealing plenty of damage in return, and 2 points in Kraken Shell makes him effectively immune to creeps so he's free to right-click enemy heroes without repercussion.

It's just an example of the awful gameplay balance methodology they're using. Tide hasn't been super popular in the competitive scene lately, so even though he's clearly overpowered, he hasn't been touched. At least they haven't been buffing him, though.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

My Dota 2 keeps breaking with the shop/news tabs. They're so zoomed in...and I can't seem to find a fix besides "Wait for another patch", yet my friends is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    People already talking about pro pick/ban rates. The cycle has restarted again - the heroes and playstyles used in 6.83 are instantly and automatically terrible and the playstyles and heroes used in 6.84 are automatically the best ever and pros don't pick heroes or use playstyles that are effective against them because they're bad.

And, of course, if you disagree, they just point to the pick/ban rates and ta-da, we have a tautology on our hands.

I really wish Valve would ditch the "break something for every thing you fix" tweaking method and do something more consistent so that people could finally realize that there's a roster of more than 100 heroes you can pick from, and those 100+ heroes can be used in literally dozens of different styles of play and drafting strategies. Shit, if the pros actually did different things instead of copying each other endlessly, I'd probably be able to understand the game better and it might even turn out that some heroes or items I feel are proven to be OP actually aren't. But I can't use my shitty pubs as reference material and using the pros as reference material is a lot like missing a forest because you're too busy looking at the one tree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn these pros from trying to win, they are here to entertain me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

What the hell, I did a Compendium challenge to win as Necro, got up to 997 coins, won another match and got the 5 spill over from someone else completing theirs, just to be down at...876 again. :l

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    My Dota 2 keeps breaking with the shop/news tabs. They're so zoomed in...and I can't seem to find a fix besides "Wait for another patch", yet my friends is fine.
    This happens to me a lot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    This happens to me a lot as well.
    Yeah, it used to be like, every other patch it feels like to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Yeah, it used to be like, every other patch it feels like to me.
    I used to try and mess around with my resolution assuming it would affect the aspect ratio.

Now I just scroll around and move on with my life.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I really wish Valve would ditch the "break something for every thing you fix" tweaking method and do something more consistent so that people could finally realize that there's a roster of more than 100 heroes you can pick from, and those 100+ heroes can be used in literally dozens of different styles of play and drafting strategies. Shit, if the pros actually did different things instead of copying each other endlessly, I'd probably be able to understand the game better and it might even turn out that some heroes or items I feel are proven to be OP actually aren't. But I can't use my shitty pubs as reference material and using the pros as reference material is a lot like missing a forest because you're too busy looking at the one tree.
    Out of curiosity, how many Heroes would you say are too weak right now? I don't mean ones that have clear, intentional weaknesses like Wraith King's poor mobility, but ones that are under performing for their role. At this point, I'd even struggle to argue that CM is in a bad spot and she's been at the bottom of the barrel for quite a long time previously.

The reason you tend to see the same ones being picked by the pro's is that they know how to leverage Heroes that are even slightly better than their peers at their role to best effect. It doesn't matter if its by a tiny amount like 0.5% better, they know how to make it count. The trickle down effect of this is that people automatically assume that Hero is the only good choice and play it without really understanding what makes it better in the first place. Your problem isn't with the pro's going with what is technically best choices, more the Sheeple that follow along.

Deleted
    The only heroes i really think of as useless now are Alch, Kotl, Riki and TB.