Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Speaking of shelters, don't you have a home to go too? I already tried saying twice I had said my bit for you to drag it up again to get the last word.
    I was reinforcing Longview's/Jester Joe's position with comedic satire. No need to get bent out of shape, friend.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

By all accounts you got pretty lucky and made a profit, that will be one of the rarer cases haha. But anyway, I've said my bit. I'm just glad I have more sense with my money and can see it for what it is. If $75 is nothing to someone and they choose to waste it on a video game for a vanity item I wouldn't want to know them anyway. Donate it to an animal shelter or the red cross. That would feel better than "Wow cool courier man"
    I have a courier worth around $100+ last I checked and I'm perfectly happy with it. Would I feel better having spent that money on a shelter? Not really, it's not going to save anybody's life despite what the television tells you. Most charities are a waste of money already and actively scam people out of their paychecks. Knowing that, I don't derive any satisfaction from having "helped" out, so it is not a better use of my spare change. After all, the only real reason people donate to charity is to make themselves feel better, so if I can't even get that out of it, it is a REAL problem.

People blow their money on whatever makes them happy. Some people spend $120 a week on alcohol at the pub, but nobody says a word about that. Some people buy clothes, or fancy cars, some people buy couriers. I don't see any of these things as more or less stupid than any other.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I have a courier worth around $100+ last I checked and I'm perfectly happy with it. Would I feel better having spent that money on a shelter? Not really, it's not going to save anybody's life despite what the television tells you. Most charities are a waste of money already and actively scam people out of their paychecks. Knowing that, I don't derive any satisfaction from having "helped" out, so it is not a better use of my spare change. After all, the only real reason people donate to charity is to make themselves feel better, so if I can't even get that out of it, it is a REAL problem.

People blow their money on whatever makes them happy. Some people spend $120 a week on alcohol at the pub, but nobody says a word about that. Some people buy clothes, or fancy cars, some people buy couriers. I don't see any of these things as more or less stupid than any other.
    So giving to charity's is pointless and people only do it to make themselves feel better. Cool. I hope you never fall into hard times or get sick.

So giving to charity's is pointless and people only do it to make themselves feel better. Cool. I hope you never fall into hard times or get sick.
    To get political on this one, in my opinion charity is mainly a tool to make people forget that the system basically robs certain groups of people, because morality demands to help them, many people help them by charity, while it would be better to change the system that certain groups no longer rely on charity.

Good example: Christmas time, behave like an asshole during Spring, Summer and Autumn and nobody cares but fear the wrath of society when you don't help others during december.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    This is evidently false. A level 3 Aghanims Scepter Laguna Blade can't kill a target under False Promise if you heal it enough even if the target has less maximum health then Laguna Blade has damage. In my test a level 1 Troll Warlord with no items and 473 HP will not die when put under False Promise, an enemy Lina uses a level 3 Aghanims Scepter upgraded Laguna Blade on him (950 damage), an Omniknight casts 1 Purification (360 heal x2 =720 health) and Troll Warlord is reduced to 255 health and Troll Warlord does not die. If it worked like you suggest he would die. Instead he takes 950-(360x2)= 230 damage which for some reason I do not know in practice is 218 in the game and the combat log.
    Sounds like a bug that, like most bugs, will never get fixed, or there's some kind of odd interaction going on in there (maybe it's treating the pure dmg as magic dmg and reducing it? But that should still kill troll anyway.)

The damage is supposed to be applied after the healing, as direct HP removal. The healing is applied, and then after the healing is applied, the damage is applied. A target taking damage equal to or greater than their total health should die. Have you tried testing it with other sources of damage? What about a Sven just pounding on the troll, etc? That sounds like a bug.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    To get political on this one, in my opinion charity is mainly a tool to make people forget that the system basically robs certain groups of people, because morality demands to help them, many people help them by charity, while it would be better to change the system that certain groups no longer rely on charity.

Good example: Christmas time, behave like an asshole during Spring, Summer and Autumn and nobody cares but fear the wrath of society when you don't help others during december.
    Charitys like businesses, you have your good and bad ones. Theres always going to be a small minority that tries siphoning cash in any shape or form and this can be in the form of charity. But to dismiss all charity's is incredibly dismissive and ignorant.

I can only speak from experience working with saint vincent de paul group doing food parcels and giving food to families struggling to survive is incredibly satisfying and rewarding and you generally make a difference without much individual effort.

And you mention Christmas as an example, well lets use the earlier example of the $75 dollar courier. $75 could make the difference between no Christmas and an actual enjoyable experience for one family. I realize how ridiculous this statement is in a dota 2 forum, but I hope at least few people might look at such frivolous spending in a different light. And their justifications only confirms the ignorance (how is different to alcohol, cars, fancy clothes) those things are a waste too!!

This isnt just a dota 2 issue but a shift in the gaming market to micro transactions, selling mounts and different artwork skins for silly money. I'd rather pay $100 for a good game that comes with everything and isn't this in your face money grab cesspit.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Sounds like a bug that, like most bugs, will never get fixed, or there's some kind of odd interaction going on in there (maybe it's treating the pure dmg as magic dmg and reducing it? But that should still kill troll anyway.)

The damage is supposed to be applied after the healing, as direct HP removal. The healing is applied, and then after the healing is applied, the damage is applied. A target taking damage equal to or greater than their total health should die. Have you tried testing it with other sources of damage? What about a Sven just pounding on the troll, etc? That sounds like a bug.
    It should be a bug, but it's somehow intended, despite the wording on the spell. Blademail interacts the same ass backwards way with healing like bloodrage.

@Roberto
    This isn't gen OT, but you did pretty much just confirm that you only do charity work because it makes you feel good about yourself. How much donation is acceptable to make someone a good person? Can I spend $75 on a courier if I also spent $500 on poor people this month? Or is it still a waste? Should I give literally all of my excess money to charity?

Charitys like businesses, you have your good and bad ones. Theres always going to be a small minority that tries siphoning cash in any shape or form and this can be in the form of charity. But to dismiss all charity's is incredibly dismissive and ignorant.
    You're not getting what i'm trying to say.

Charity is like handing out Band-Aids while there's murderer on the loose, sure there are people who are grateful for those band-aids and they might help some but it won't do much in the greater picture.

Charity works for helping special cases, sole people who have really fallen on hard times because of whatnot but Charity cannot fix really major issues because you'll never be able to afford the amount of money needed to fix those issues by charity.

And you mention Christmas as an example, well lets use the earlier example of the $75 dollar courier. $75 could make the difference between no Christmas and an actual enjoyable experience for one family. I realize how ridiculous this statement is in a dota 2 forum, but I hope at least few people might look at such frivolous spending in a different light. And their justifications only confirms the ignorance (how is different to alcohol, cars, fancy clothes) those things are a waste too!!
    They live in shit for 364 days a year, but at least they had a happy christmas.

Also, you hand out money to a sole family? How about the family next door? Who decides which family has a happy christmas? You? Pure Chance? The charity organization?

You can help sole people with charity, the rest who doesn't receive charity still sits in shit and charity sadly helps others to overlook those.

Last Post on this topic from me, because Off-topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, shoo you to the GOT, i don't want to see GOT when i'm off work.
    You should be ashamed!

Why did the decided to put this fucking ugly Rubick set in the chest, i personally really like all other stuff in it, but i;m afraid of getting fucking Rubick set. and spedning more than for 1 chest is not an option for me because there is summer sale soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Why did the decided to put this fucking ugly Rubick set in the chest, i personally really like all other stuff in it, but i;m afraid of getting fucking Rubick set. and spedning more than for 1 chest is not an option for me because there is summer sale soon
    I got the Rubick set, and actually unbundled it.
    I feel like I made a terrible mistake, and should of just destroyed it for 2 levels.

Come on its not the best in the pack, but its not that bad. Its kinda different.

Deleted
    By all accounts you got pretty lucky and made a profit, that will be one of the rarer cases haha. But anyway, I've said my bit. I'm just glad I have more sense with my money and can see it for what it is. If $75 is nothing to someone and they choose to waste it on a video game for a vanity item I wouldn't want to know them anyway. Donate it to an animal shelter or the red cross. That would feel better than "Wow cool courier man"

I've spent maybe £2000 on dota 2 since it was released, its not really much money for me - people that judge other people on what they spent their money are just stupid.

Also no golds, sux.

It boggles my mind that somewhere on the internet, someone is really upset because I spent money on something I wanted.

It bothers all 'red' brothers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I got the Rubick set, and actually unbundled it.
    I feel like I made a terrible mistake, and should of just destroyed it for 2 levels.
    Buy a chest to get something, then destroy it.

Valve has mastered the art of taking money from people and making them feel like they're doing something productive while doing so
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Come on its not the best in the pack, but its not that bad. Its kinda different.
    I already have the Wandering Harlequin set for Rubick, so it kinda was just like a trash set for me. I still want the Skywrath Mage set.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Buy a chest to get something, then destroy it.

Valve has mastered the art of taking money from people and making them feel like they're doing something productive while doing so
    It makes me feel warm and fuzzy!

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1535881010

welp, I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I already have the Wandering Harlequin set for Rubick, so it kinda was just like a trash set for me. I still want the Skywrath Mage set.
    Add me on steam I can gift it to you if you want

this is why i hate supporting http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1535924801
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Add me on steam I can gift it to you if you want
    Oh it's okay, I plan to buy more crates next paycheck so I can reach the 11 crates bought thing and just get the 11 levels from that (And hopefully get the Faceless Rex).

Thanks for the offer though!

Jester, take the offer. Those who have duplicates have literally no reason to keep owning them.