Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    Phaha this is awesome Thanks for the laughs ^^

Also what is up with a lot of the community being so aggressive in Dota 2?
    because people are mostly(and especially on internets and MMOs) bastard coated bastards with bastard filling, sure as sure

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Seems some carebears got hurt with my posts...Even though Lycoris insulted me several times I never considered reporting him, well because I just don't get offended just because some1 calls me <put a random insult here> on web. Some people need to build confidence...But hey, you can't do something about emotional kids...
    There's no proof you got reported, after all, Sarahjane is the best forum moderator (as evidenced by Beatrix avatar/sig) and doesn't miss a thing. The real lesson is to either stop making posts that can get you in trouble or stop caring, most people pick one of these two after a short while of being on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    The real lesson is to either stop making posts that can get you in trouble , most people pick one of these two after a short while of being on the forum.
    Why dont you bless us with thy wisdom on what should\shouldnt be posted, then?
    Because as far as I can see, some random piece of chitchat was used as a means for warning, pretty baseless in regards to the unformal communication going on in this particular thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Why dont you bless us with thy wisdom on what should\shouldnt be posted, then?
    Because as far as I can see, some random piece of chitchat was used as a means for warning, pretty baseless in regards to the unformal communication going on in this particular thread.
    Here's a pretty relevant link to consider when posting if you would like to not get banned: http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php

Don't break the rules, don't get banned. Straight up. If you don't care about the read-only bans, it is up to you to decide what should or should not be posted. Don't be surprised when moderators act according to the rules, though. They're just doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Here's a pretty relevant link to consider when posting if you would like to not get banned: http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php

Don't break the rules, don't get banned. Straight up. If you don't care about the read-only bans, it is up to you to decide what should or should not be posted. Don't be surprised when moderators act according to the rules, though. They're just doing their job.
    its all cool and neat, but what can you tell about that global ignore thing that moderators sometimes pull off for some specific recipients?

its all cool and neat, but what can you tell about that global ignore thing that moderators sometimes pull off for some specific recipients?
    The what now? If you're looking for information that's not in the FAQ, try hitting up an actual moderator (or even better, Global Moderator/Administrator).

Extremely rarely used, mostly for people who repeatedly make alternate accounts to circumvent bans. I guess I'll stop being off topic now.

The what now? If you're looking for information that's not in the FAQ, try hitting up an actual moderator (or even better, Global Moderator/Administrator).
    eh, nevermind.
    just foul morning mood

Extremely rarely used, mostly for people who repeatedly make alternate accounts to circumvent bans. I guess I'll stop being off topic now.
    I should've known.

anyways, back to topic, who else finds playing carry and especially - hardcarry unfun and boring?

There's no proof you got reported, after all, Sarahjane is the best forum moderator (as evidenced by Beatrix avatar/sig) and doesn't miss a thing. The real lesson is to either stop making posts that can get you in trouble or stop caring, most people pick one of these two after a short while of being on the forum.
    I am pretty sure I got reported. I could belly dance the words like your super-duper forum friend, but I prefer getting banned for a rightfully deserved insult(I got banned 3 or 4 times). Tho, I never reported some1 for being harsh on me. I just don't give a flying care...

I am pretty sure I got reported. I could belly dance the words like your super-duper forum friend, but I prefer getting banned for a rightfully deserved insult(I got banned 3 or 4 times). Tho, I never reported some1 for being harsh on me. I just don't give a flying care...
    I have forum friends? :O

anyways, back to topic, who else finds playing carry and especially - hardcarry unfun and boring?
    I do. I never play carries. Did we have some sort of write your 3 fav. heroes thing?
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-14 at 01:45 AM.

Is this the point where I put in this friendly reminder to not discuss moderator actions on the public forums because it's against the rules while ignoring the "no backseat moderating"-part?

So, China is getting full localization including translated voice-work for all heroes. Valve really going in for the Chinese market, as expected.

What are your guys' predictions for 6.77 beyond the Centaur Warruner and Traxex nerfs?

I expect Magnus to get changed, considering he pretty much doesn't lose when he's allowed to be picked. The free battlefury for two heroes on the team combined with one of the best ults in the game combined with skewer which has such an incredibly long range you can drag someone from their mid tower to your mid tower at level 1 combined with shockwave for easy mode mass farming...not sure why they ever changed empower to begin with, honestly. Mags was a lot more fair when cleave was passive, he had no skewer, and empower was just a damage buff, in my opinion. Now he plays a fantastic carry support, following a hero like Void around and making him impossible to kill while allowing him 800 GPM for free. They're already looking at nerfing him some, taking tiny stabs at changes like not allowing him to cast while charging, so at least I know they're thinking about it.

He couldn't cast spells during Skewer in DotA, thus making it a bug. Much like the Undying fixes in this patch, nd the Admiral Shadow Blade nerf to Tidebringer. At least that's my understanding of it, I don't know.

I do. I never play carries. Did we have some sort of write your 3 fav. heroes thing?
    well, aint the right time to start anew!
    my top-3 would consist of
    1. Jakiro
    2. Crystal Maiden
    3. Nyx nyx nyx

Is this the point where I put in this friendly reminder to not discuss moderator actions on the public forums because it's against the rules while ignoring the "no backseat moderating"-part?
    no, it isnt.
    I will not even touch that delicate subject of "discussing moderator actions", because its pointless, fruitless, honorless, and painful.

What are your guys' predictions for 6.77 beyond the Centaur Warruner and Traxex nerfs?
    Magnus.
    to the ground.
    hard.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2012-12-14 at 02:05 AM.

Shadow Shaman > Lifestealer > Bounty Hunter. It changes a lot, I really enjoyed playing Leshrac before the change to edict, I love playing Tiny, Dazzle and Clinkz, too.

http://media.steampowered.com/apps/d...saw_splash.JPG

Medusa confirmed for next hero
    Last edited by Longview; 2012-12-14 at 02:16 AM.

Haha, time to steal his stuff with this hijueputa.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...gl-d5cwb2s.jpg
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Medusa confirmed for next hero
    inb4 Hermanni creaming his pants.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

You know, if you didn't care, you probably wouldn't have posted twice about it?

Anyway, I've had enough of waging war. Let's just look at how we got here. Longview made this post and you responded with this. I thought Longview raised a good point as I also can't recall seeing you pretty much ever raise a rational argument in here, and to me it seemed like your response, with points like "this is a bunch of bullcrap" and "I have understanding" (to paraphrase) followed by a statement that with that post you somehow proved him wrong and it involved some degree of scientific explanation was not only very far from being a rational argument but also seemed to prove him right rather than wrong.

Which is why I posted asking where exactly I can see statistical theory in action in the part I quoted. You reply with explanation of how there are different variables in Dota, insult my understanding but don't answer to my question. Admittably my post was somewhat condescending too so it's understandable. I point out that you didn't yet answer my question and you reply with an even more juvenile post with more insults.

You also ignored Sackman's post that doesn't seem to conflict with my understanding of statistics and raises a pretty good point. All this time the only point I've gathered from your posts was that in your opinion too many variables make statistics useless, but I might have skipped that lecture. Besides, you wouldn't even bother looking up a source to cite.

All statistics, at least in my understanding (however lacking that is), should always be subjected to criticism and interpretation. Criticism, as in, approximating the accuracy and reliability of the statistic with questions like: What is the margin of error? Is the sample size large enough? Is the variability too high? And interpretation, as in looking at the reasons for the statistic being what it is and finding out their implications. Statistics are used everywhere and in things more complicated and important than Dota.

What Longview seemed to try to convey to you was simple instructions on how to make more convincing and rational arguments. Statistics in Dota, being readily available, would be a good place to start. If I tried to make a point about hero balance, statistics would be the first thing I'd look at - not to wave them in anyone's faces and call them absolute evidence, but like Sackman said, interpret them and look if they support my hypothesis. Then try to figure out why or why not.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't think statistics alone make an argument. However completely ignoring them and calling them completely useless seems a bit extreme. You're well in your rights to be of that opinion, though, but if you want other people to agree with you, you should find a way to back up your claim. And if you want to convincingly convey your theories to other people, you'll probably have to find other ways to build evidence for your arguments.

I also wanted to say that I didn't report you nor did you offend me in any way. But I also wanted to point out that this wouldn't have escalated if you had left the discussion or said your ideas are, for time being, just opinions. Please don't insult other people's intelligence by making posts with suggestions like "if you disagree with me it's because your understanding in lacking", I seriously don't think those ever convinced anyone. And you don't have to respond if you don't think you can discuss in a civil tone.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-12-14 at 09:55 AM.

@Bastion Announcer

There is nothing I wanted more