10+ Year Old Account
    Oh it's not all current ones...

The offering system. I feel scammed j/k. 16 pages of chests I got 500 ingots.
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2014-02-08 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    The offering system. I feel scammed j/k. 16 pages of chests I got 500 ingots.
    Same, 10 pages of chests and I got 4 parcels worth maybe 400 ingots, didn't actually look long enough to add it up.

I put some commons and uncommons in this time, let's see if I get anything else.

I'd say people were being maybe a bit too optimistic about getting anything of value out of mere chest offerings. I expected the functionality to be about the same as the old item deletion system with slightly better rewards. Offered about a dozen chests and items ranging from common to uncommon and got about 1700 ingots in Parcels and 1 Rare, I'm quite okay with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Same, 10 pages of chests and I got 4 parcels worth maybe 400 ingots, didn't actually look long enough to add it up.

I put some commons and uncommons in this time, let's see if I get anything else.
    Same here, 20+ pages of chest, only got stupid ingots.

I loved your tb all day stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post

I'm thinking about tossing in a rare slardar trident just to see what happens. I don't like Slardar that much anyway personally.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Same here, 20+ pages of chest, only got stupid ingots.

I loved your tb all day stream.
    Thanks, and I'm still trying to get decent footage for a guide
    Heroes that do nothing but auto attack all game are remarkably uninteresting to watch, I think.

I liked Diretide, Greeviling seemed stupid to me and I barely played it. I actually thought Wraith Night was pretty fun, I was disappointed to never have a group of people who wanted to try for new game +++++++++++ +

Year Beast isn't so bad, it's above Greeviling for me though not as good as Diretide/Wraith Night were. Even if I only get crappy couriers not even worth a key from every mythical chest I open, it's still free couriers I guess, and for people who don't have accounts worth millions of keys I can see it being a late/mega early Christmas.

Mostly what has disappointed me about this event is the fact that you can't play it for free. Either you invest loads of time in farming ingots off normal games or you invest loads of cash in boosters, either way you're investing in Valve to play the new content and that is bound to make people salty.

Though I do think Valve needs to give up on trying to make PvE content for DotA. If they want cool ideas, there are tons of Warcraft 3 custom maps they can rip off, like custom hero line wars, tower defense, hero arenas...I think a scripted boss fight is bound to get stale real quick. Wraith Night was fun but does anyone think the fight against the King, itself, was entertaining? Pretty sure it was the first 99% of the game that kept you moving, once you beat the clocks/gyros it was pretty much accepted to be a sealed deal on the win from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Shoved a mythical in, got 2 parcels and a box with a rare in it... fuck off Valve.

This event has been such a mess its unreal, they already extort enough money out of people, theres a limit as to how crazy it can get.

Half the cosmetics nowadays are "unlock prerequisite 1 to then unlock prerequisite 2 which will in turn allow you to unlock prerequisite 3 allowing you to complete a recipe and gain a common bracer!"

Diretide & the greeviling (the first time round during beta) was smashing. Everything else has been kinda shitty since.

I think what they need to do, is either make a fun event with some minor rewards, or just dont bother. This event is based around cosmetics, whereas diretide and the greeviling were actually enjoyable but also gave you some nice items as well.
    To be fair, I don't think they pick and choose what they give back, it's probably all random.

Although I would agree to a degree that this event was a bit messy, especially with all the exploits that some people are now swimming in mythicals because of, where as others got nothing. They could easily do something like they did with TF2 and the Cheater's Lament (Bit of backstory for those who might not know, although it's a pretty well known Valve story I believe, when hats were first introduced to TF2, some people started using idling programs and the likes to mass farm drops for hats, rather than play and hope for them to drop, so in response, Valve released a hat and gave it to all the players who didn't idle at all, called the Cheater's Lament).
    In this case, they could of easily at least gave everyone who they could tell didn't exploit a free mythical box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm well I got the Windrunner themed Ward from the offering which was ok although I suppose that was cause i chucked some random TA rare I had in the offering just to see if i would get anything decent.
    meh.
    I'm actually quite happy to give it away if anybody fancies it tbh I can't say I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I'd say people were being maybe a bit too optimistic about getting anything of value out of mere chest offerings.
    did people honestly believe they were going to profit on this

also i dont think we're ever getting another event like greeveling

i don't see the point in being disappointed with a temporary game mode like.. just don't play it..

we got -ad and two new heroes, yet i see so many people getting mad over this year beast thing.. i dont understand..

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I think what they need to do, is either make a fun event with some minor rewards, or just dont bother. This event is based around cosmetics, whereas diretide and the greeviling were actually enjoyable but also gave you some nice items as well.
    why? its just hats..

Wait, offering had pages? I only had 1 page it seemed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Wait, offering had pages? I only had 1 page it seemed.
    fill that page and more pages appear

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    fill that page and more pages appear
    Huh, that flat out didn't happen for me. But oh well.

The people whining about The Offering system just come off as extremely entitled to me... I'm not sure what they expected out of a system that was pretty self-explanatory. You put in trash items and you get a chance to get something you might actually use back; it's an improved version of the old delete system where you could delete an item and have a low chance of getting an item in it's place.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2014-02-09 at 12:01 AM.

oookay, I got mythical luna mount from one of those gifts, from crescent moon set or smth. not bad considering I offered mostly chests and then some unsellable duplicates of commons

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    did people honestly believe they were going to profit on this
    Would've been nice to get 4 random commons than 4 piles of ingots, though. Valve basically took a key worth of chests and gave back absolutely nothing, they profit from ingots just as much as I do.

Anyone remember Timber chain bug with bloodstone? Same happened to me on storm, you are just limited by mana Not fun to look where is my hero for 15sec waiting at fountain :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got rid of all my 0,01 rub worth chests, i'm happy with offering.

Does someone here want to play a match? LF party