10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Because for much of the game they're functionally identical. Did you not even read?
    Orchid doesn't disable passives, Doom isn't just a silence, it's much more bigger than it. And enemy can't use items. And existing items stop working (like battlefury, or orb effects (even lifesteal!)). Even this pesky Slark will be visible and won't regenerate under his ult, so basically, his "hit and run" tactic won't work. Or you tired of enemy Huskar being invincible due to his magic damage reduction? Well you know the solution! (Doom). Or maybe enemy team thinks that it's a good idea to buy a gem and kill your Riki player friend, just Doom the gem carrier and they won't see Riki coming!

Even if they function is identical ("silence" things from usage), Orchid (as any other silence) blocks only active skills, while Mute (see:doom) stops almost all passives (both skill and item based) from working opening much bigger opportunity for use (everyone hates Void, right? Ever tried Dooming him? No bash, no backtrack, he is basically melee creep, while Orchid'ing him will only give a post-silence-damage-boost-if-he-actually-didn't-backtracked-all-your-hits-lol-ltp-noob-cyka)
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-07-02 at 04:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doom counters every hero. the trick to dealing with him is to have several heroes that he will want to doom and lock him down before he gets to use it.
    Or have heroes mobile enough to disengage whenever someone gets doomed.

Doom isn't even close to broken. Tree makes his ultimate do 0 damage and that's pretty much all he is as a hero. His laning is actually rather awful due to his cumbersome nature and 0 armor, the only thing he has going for him is the fact that he has guaranteed farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg, Lysah, you are so uninformed
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Orchid doesn't disable passives, Doom isn't just a silence, it's much more bigger than it. And enemy can't use items. And existing items stop working (like battlefury, or orb effects (even lifesteal!)).
    Watch games. Watch how often Doom is used on supports, who don't have major passives and will often not even have major items for much of the game, versus used on carries or cores.

You could accomplish the same goal more effectively with a short cooldown silence like Ancient Seal or Gust. But Doom is nice to have when it's 50 minutes in and you want to disable that butterfly/MKB/buriza/etc.

But before that point, it's a glorified silence.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then, provide some games to watch, i already watched all games from TI4 qualifications and i haven't noticed that Doom is often used on supports. I understand one thing, Doom players won't blindly use it on supports/carries, they will use it on those heroes they think they need it to use regardless of this hero being support or carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Omg, Lysah, you are so uninformed
    Actually he still starts at 0 armor, he just went from like -0.71 starting armor to 0.31.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Actually he still starts at 0 armor, he just went from like -0.71 starting armor to 0.31.
    He starts with 0,54, it should be displayed as 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg! Invoker and Potm lost the arcana! Thank JESUS!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    Omg! Invoker and Potm lost the arcana! Thank JESUS!
    Sigh. Wonderful. There were so many possibilities with Invoker Arcana, and now we get what? Extra blurry PA? Extra spinny Blade Fury? Eugh. Colour me dissatisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Sigh. Wonderful. There were so many possibilities with Invoker Arcana, and now we get what? Extra blurry PA? Extra spinny Blade Fury? Eugh. Colour me dissatisfied.
    Definitely scratching my head on the Jugg, didn't think he was that popular....

10+ Year Old Account
    Bitches loves omnislash. I wonder if his arcana will be a totem

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Definitely scratching my head on the Jugg, didn't think he was that popular....
    Juggy is very popular, just not very good. He's been featured in promo material since pretty much day one, and then there's the Juggernaut video with like 2 million views on youtube, etc.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I'm more intrigued by Faceless Void being in the finale of Model Rework, up against Viper. o.o

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really happy that none of my favorites made it to voice/model update.

Viper looks terrible and deserves a remodel.

Don't care who get's the voice change.

I understand Viper being there, I mostly just don't understand the Faceless Void pick. That said, admittedly a lot of the shitty models were grouped up and fought early, ie Io vs Spectre IIRC, Viper vs Slardar, etc.

I was hoping for Slardar personally, but I'll be glad if Viper wins as well.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Void looks fine to me. The first FV had eyes and no mouth. Dota 2 FV has no eyes, but he has a mouth.

As long as he's purple and partially faceless in some way, I don't see a reason to mess with him.

Exactly what I was thinking. Seemed a bit strange to me that he got this far as a result. Best I can think of is that the community wants more Cthulhu.