Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Why would it not be.
    I hate Phase Boots on QE. Like really hate it.

Deleted
    Phase Boots on QE Invoker is like wearing two condoms. You already hit like a truck - why would you go Phase when you could get your Midas 900 gold earlier instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I hate Phase Boots on QE. Like really hate it.
    Why? I like them on every Invoker build. The active is nice for QE when you need to move through a bunch of creeps and summons, when running out of the fog for Euls, or to just move a bit faster early on when you lack Wex. I buy them as first item when not going for Midas (only bought Midas in that game after getting a Multi Kill in 9th minute or so, so I had the gold to pick it up instantly), because hardly any hero can lane against Phase Boots Exort Invoker, so when they give up laning and try to gank I push the tower (generally pick up a Basi as well by the time). I think I've bought any other boots in ~20 out of 160 Invoker games. I guess Threads are good for QE to swap to Int before summoning Forged, and some nice tankiness combined with Quas, but I still prefer Phase. Depends on who I'm laning against most of the time.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2014-07-28 at 11:53 PM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Why? I like them on every Invoker build. The active is nice for QE when you need to move through a bunch of creeps and summons, when running out of the fog for Euls, or to just move a bit faster early on when you lack Wex. I buy them as first item when not going for Midas (only bought Midas in that game after getting a Multi Kill in 9th minute or so, so I had the gold to pick it up instantly), because hardly any hero can lane against Phase Boots Exort Invoker, so when they give up laning and try to gank I push the tower (generally pick up a Basi as well by the time). I think I've bought any other boots in ~20 out of 160 Invoker games. I guess Threads are good for QE to swap to Int before summoning Forged, and some nice tankiness combined with Quas, but I still prefer Phase. Depends on who I'm laning against most of the time.
    I prefer Brown Boots. You don't need Phase for damage during lane because you are already E. The movespeed is nice but it's broken every time you change orbs and is just a hassle. QE also doesn't chase very well even with Phase Boots because you are inherently slow. Actually, you don't want to chase as QE anyway and I prefer items like Blink Dagger and Forcestaff for mobility in fights. You can do so much more with those items. QW Invokers can chase though because of W. It also delays you other items by a ton. Like Midas and Forcestaff. To summarize, Phase Boots doesn't give anything a QE Invoker needs. BoT is better to buy later in the game. Treads is good if you need tankiness and fight a lot.

The build I go almost every game is Boots-Midas-Forcestaff-Blink-BoT-Hex/Shiva's
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-07-29 at 12:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mason booted from EG i guess, cant say im suprised. I think i posted this in another thread on these forums but i really cant think of a single game where he won it for the boys in TI. I think it was a good move for the team moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Mason booted from EG i guess, cant say im suprised. I think i posted this in another thread on these forums but i really cant think of a single game where he won it for the boys in TI. I think it was a good move for the team moving forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Mason, well i think he is by far the weakest link on that team, i cant think of a single game i watched where he was the reason they won, sure he had good games but did he actually win them a single game? They probably would have been better off with a crippled fear.
    You called it I guess :P

The build I go almost every game is Boots-Midas-Forcestaff-Blink-BoT-Hex/Shiva's
    Better? *blinkblink*
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2014-07-29 at 01:50 AM.

Deleted
    Better? *blinkblink*
    Yes, much better.

By the way, does anyone have a like 2k-3.5k MMR account they are not using that I can use for my own MMR experiment?
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-07-29 at 10:11 AM.

Yes, much better.

By the way, does anyone have a like 2k-3.5k MMR account they are not using that I can use for my own MMR experiment?
    Sent you pm. If you prefer 2k one I might have later, out for Kitesurfing world cup till around 19cet.

Yes, much better.
    Now I just need to lose the habit of mashing the keybind where Phase Boots usually are every 10ish seconds.

How to use BoT's for maximum efficiency on Invoker? Same like on SF, to push/flashfarm empty lanes? Push up to where I have vision and leave Forged with the creepwave or just stick with it and be fast on Blinking out of potential ganks? Is there something I'm not thinking outside of the box enough for?

Deleted
    Now I just need to lose the habit of mashing the keybind where Phase Boots usually are every 10ish seconds.

How to use BoT's for maximum efficiency on Invoker? Same like on SF, to push/flashfarm empty lanes? Push up to where I have vision and leave Forged with the creepwave or just stick with it and be fast on Blinking out of potential ganks? Is there something I'm not thinking outside of the box enough for?
    I play a very greedy Invoker that basically functions like a carry. I stand mid and farm and if their mid leaves to go gank I push down his tower. Sun Strike is enough to help team with most of the time. BoT is for split push, yes, but also for movement speed in fights. Later on you actually have points in Wex so movement speed will actually help you. You also can join fights anytime with BoTs without it throttling your farming speed.

It is a very farm oriented style that just overwhelms opponent with split-push so they can't fight and getting such an item advantage so they can't kill you. Necro 3 is the popular pro build but it relies on five manning a lot and pushing down towers as a team and taking fights but I don't like to rely on my teammates so I don't do that kind of stuff.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-07-29 at 01:01 PM.

Deleted
    I love necro on QE invoker. If I can't push down a tower I usually use them with forge spirits to chase down squishy stupid supports who fall by right clicking/killing melee unit + sunstrike.
    Last edited by mmoc67e7f8beac; 2014-07-29 at 01:30 PM.

Forge Spirits need their 33% Magic Resistance back.

Deleted
    First thing I noticed about 3k MMR bracket: No one seems to like to go mid.

Deleted
    Not unless they instalock Pudge. Or Sniper.

Mid is legit either the easiest or hardest lane in the 3k bracket, because you either get a retard Pudge/PotM/Sniper or a smurfing Invoker/TA/OD. You either club your opponent senseless or you get destroyed; mid is never remotely even.

I noticed I stopped sucking with my Dell U2412m :P

What kind of lucky teams are you getting. I get the ones spaming "мид" before half of the players have even loaded. Usually ends with me abandoning after 5 minutes. What's the Party MMR on the account you got, maybe we can play a few together?

Deleted
    What kind of lucky teams are you getting. I get the ones spaming "мид" before half of the players have even loaded. Usually ends with me abandoning after 5 minutes. What's the Party MMR on the account you got, maybe we can play a few together?
    Dude, where are you queuing? EU West is actually pretty decent in the 3k bracket with a little cooperation. Not many flamers or throwers, just some really fucking mong builds in terms of items and skills at times, and the usual 3k issues. The players are pretty nice, though.

Deleted
    Well, no one picked mid and our Omniknight said we lost game. We didn't, of course. A lot of Russians, that's for sure. They really come out when they know game is over though. That's when the all chat spam comes.

I felt bad for the SF that faced me mid in my first game. He had like 5 CS after 15 min.

@Veiled It's not calibrated.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-07-29 at 03:22 PM.

Deleted
    Well, no one picked mid and our Omniknight said we lost game. We didn't, of course. A lot of Russians, that's for sure. They really come out when they know game is over though. That's when the all chat spam comes.

I felt bad for the SF that faced me mid in my first game. He had like 5 CS after 15 min.

@Veiled It's not calibrated.
    They come out faster if you troll them when you kill them, trust me. Nothing will get you flamed in all-chat, all-caps cyrillics more than roaming on Ogre and saying "IT'S ALL OGRE NOW!!!" every time you gank someone. Which, for the record, is almost as much fun as roleplaying in all-chat when you pick Nyx. Nyxnyxnyxnyxnyx. Nyyyyyyxxxx.