Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I can't believe Silencer isn't a top tier pick. Last Word could be a fucking ult, 6 sec silence+disarm on 12 sec cd with 1000 range and a non-scaling mana cost. His ult is goddamned ridiculous, 7 sec with ~400 damage at lvl 3 with agh's, add a refresher and you can silence the enemy team at any range on demand for up to 14 sec and also do 800 dmg to them over the course of the effect.

Sure, you can BKB out of it, but you could also silence them through the BKB. Force BKB with first silence, refresh, silence again, automatically win every teamfight.

Bullshit fucking hero that keeps getting buffed because Icefrog's retarded.
    It's funny because the other day I randomed Sniper and granted, I'm not a good Sniper, but he's pretty easy to last hit with so I figured "Hey, at least I'll get some decent farm mid"

Silencer comes up and basically just spits in my face. Last Word takes away like 2/3 of Sniper's health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's funny because the other day I randomed Sniper and granted, I'm not a good Sniper, but he's pretty easy to last hit with so I figured "Hey, at least I'll get some decent farm mid"

Silencer comes up and basically just spits in my face. Last Word takes away like 2/3 of Sniper's health.
    Yup, I didn't expect Silencer to be so good against Sniper but he really is. Last Word's cast range is nothing short of overpowered, and it does a lot of damage at lvl 1 relative to other nukes.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Silencer is all around fun times with early damage!
    For the team with the Silencer perhaps

It's like saying "Farmed Void is fun times"

Although Silencer is one of the few heroes I think I have still not played...Terrorblade being another I know off the top of my head.

How to play Earth Spirit and 3 easy steps:
    1) Roll into 5 enemies
    2) Ult
    3) Get blown up

Earth Spirit ladies and gentlemen. Not sure where Ariadne got "tanky" from. If you're playing him properly you're roaming from level 1 because even just an empowered W is enough to make kills at low level, and once you get level 2 for a stun as well (or kicking enemies into your mates) he's one of the best gankers in the game. Of course, while you're making space for your allies you are also not farming, like any good ganker, and you will not have items, and you will get absolutely destroyed in team fights when you have to be in melee range of their entire team to use your ult well and you only have 900 health. Roll is also extremely unreliable as an escape, any melee carry can easily just walk around in front of you when you try to use it and stop it completely.

I don't think Earth needs much help. Mostly I'd lower the cooldown on his rocks by like 5 seconds so that it stops having the same cooldown as black hole. I mean, Earth Spirit is essentially an Enigma except when Enigma goes into melee range of your whole team he's stunning you all for 4 seconds. Earth Spirit is just putting a low damage DoT on you all and feeding you gold at the same time. Considering all of his abilities require rocks (roll to initiate, ult and drop a rock + kick for stun so you're already down to 4 rocks to refresh ult with) and his ult depends on them to do real damage, he becomes a very useless hero very quickly after a team fight while he waits several minutes to be able to play again. At lesat Enigma still has his other 3 spells, Earth loses his entire kit. If you can just force him to use rocks to roll away a couple of times you have effectively removed him from the game, and that is why he is not a good hero.

The damage nerfs and swapping the CC on his Q and E were plenty of nerfs for him, plz give reliable rocks again gaben
    Last edited by Lysah; 2014-08-04 at 08:24 PM.

Deleted
    Maybe because he is a strength hero with a 2.9 strength gain? That makes him more tanky than most supports in my book. Especially when he likes to build items like Urn and Mek.

Deleted
    I hate playing terrorblade since nerfs, worst teamfight hero ever and when I do splitpushing travel/manta my team flames because "rofl afk farming 4v5 gg wp no re pls finish mid".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Maybe because he is a strength hero with a 2.9 strength gain? That makes him more tanky than most supports in my book. Especially when he likes to build items like Urn and Mek.
    he has like, 800 health at level 6? And ~4 armour? In my book, without any skills to improve your survivability in melee (sand king: stealth, treant: stealth+living armour, abaddon: shield+ult) you are not going to live for long
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    he has like, 800 health at level 6? And ~4 armour? In my book, without any skills to improve your survivability in melee (sand king: stealth, treant: stealth+living armour, abaddon: shield+ult) you are not going to live for long
    roll isnt enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    roll doesn't help you to evade attacks nor increases your surviability and it's interuptable
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

that's why you vacuum in one someone on your team who the other team would rather kill and run off while they are dying. flawless escape mechanism.

10+ Year Old Account
    wtf was that 270mb patch? I see literally no changes anywhere.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    wtf was that 270mb patch? I see literally no changes anywhere.
    Basically hats and hat maker for hat makers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Someone leaked the new Phantom Assassin Arcana.
    Seems legit.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/819045325
    Now I'd like to say I was pretty instrumental to the win, and half my deaths were me teleporting into their base after they were down 2 lanes of rax and yolo suiciding at the end, but even still, I was among the highest deaths on the team despite the fact that I tended to stay back so I could save people from chrono and lasso. Even when you're careful you die a lot, that's just what having support level survivability does mid and late game.

I don't like mek on him. It's a good item on any hero, even carrys, that doesn't make it the right choice on him just because he's a support. At the end of the day, your 1 job as Earth is to get into the team fight, ult as many people as possible, stun as many people as possible, and then silence as many people as possible. Or, if they have nasty ults, to grab your carry away from the danger and ruin THEIR initiation. Mek can somewhat help with this, but it is unlikely you will heal more than 1 person if you are playing properly, in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/819045325
    Now I'd like to say I was pretty instrumental to the win, and half my deaths were me teleporting into their base after they were down 2 lanes of rax and yolo suiciding at the end, but even still, I was among the highest deaths on the team despite the fact that I tended to stay back so I could save people from chrono and lasso. Even when you're careful you die a lot, that's just what having support level survivability does mid and late game.

I don't like mek on him. It's a good item on any hero, even carrys, that doesn't make it the right choice on him just because he's a support. At the end of the day, your 1 job as Earth is to get into the team fight, ult as many people as possible, stun as many people as possible, and then silence as many people as possible. Or, if they have nasty ults, to grab your carry away from the danger and ruin THEIR initiation. Mek can somewhat help with this, but it is unlikely you will heal more than 1 person if you are playing properly, in my opinion.
    Just because you die doesn't mean you aren't tanky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because you die doesn't mean you aren't tanky.
    It's more about how hard it is to kill you. Roll's his only real survivability mechanism, and it's pretty easy to interrupt with or without stuns. Without roll, he's pretty easy to pin down and stomp into the dirt.

Compare this to heroes like Lucy (very high STR growth, Scorched Earth for ms boost and huge HP regen), SK (invis to disjoint projectiles and blink skill), tidehunter (massive damage reduction from anchor smash and kraken shell, kraken shell periodically removes buffs), abbadon (ulti, aphotic shield, high STR growth), or even omniknight (ulti, repel, degen aura makes it hard to chase him.)

Sure, a support ES is going to be harder to kill than, like, a Crystal Maiden, but he's still going to be relatively squishy compared to other STR support roles, and might even be squishier than some of the AGI/INT supports despite higher STR growth.

Shit, if you want to talk about being tanky, just look at the Chuftmaster, Ogre Magi. Almost 600 base HP and 7 armor at lvl 1, by lvl 6 he'll have like 900 HP and 8 armor naked.

icefraud pls
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2014-08-06 at 07:23 PM.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Its kind of a shame that FV won the remodel. I mean he could use it a bit I guess, but looking at Zeus, Undying, Jakiro, AA (dem derp fingers), and to some extent Slardar...yea no.

Arcana is w/e, that shits just a popularity contest. Least Pudge, Mirana, or Invoker didn't win

10+ Year Old Account
    Just want to say, Icefrog is honestly really fucking retarded at balancing games. Axe with 4 HP/sec regen naked, NS with an ulti that reduces vision of towers and fucking WARDS by 25% with 2/3 uptime, god knows what else.

It cannot possibly be this hard to balance a game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    It's more about how hard it is to kill you. Roll's his only real survivability mechanism, and it's pretty easy to interrupt with or without stuns. Without roll, he's pretty easy to pin down and stomp into the dirt.

Compare this to heroes like Lucy (very high STR growth, Scorched Earth for ms boost and huge HP regen), SK (invis to disjoint projectiles and blink skill), tidehunter (massive damage reduction from anchor smash and kraken shell, kraken shell periodically removes buffs), abbadon (ulti, aphotic shield, high STR growth), or even omniknight (ulti, repel, degen aura makes it hard to chase him.)

Sure, a support ES is going to be harder to kill than, like, a Crystal Maiden, but he's still going to be relatively squishy compared to other STR support roles, and might even be squishier than some of the AGI/INT supports despite higher STR growth.

Shit, if you want to talk about being tanky, just look at the Chuftmaster, Ogre Magi. Almost 600 base HP and 7 armor at lvl 1, by lvl 6 he'll have like 900 HP and 8 armor naked.

icefraud pls
    It's hard to kill an ES if he is good. Roll is enough. His pull and drag can be cast from far away. His ulti is a one cast wonder. Focusing him after he has dropped his ulti is a waste of spells and he has high enough HP to survive long enough. The amount of times I've spent chasing Earth Spirits around the map after wiping rest of their team is quite high. Good ES players are elusive and fucking annoying to kill. And comparatively to ALL supports he is one of the more tanky ones. Why are you just comparing to other STR supports?
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-08-06 at 08:44 PM.