Deleted
    Had 13 wins i a row. So the broken ass mmr system starts throwing curv balls at me. Two games in a row with TBD people in it. First one we barely won with the 2 nuggets feeding and killing themselves but they didnt have the most important positions so the rest could carry them somewhat.

The second game had no less than 3 TBD players. No amount of skill can carry 3 TBD players, my god the feed. I have no idea what they are doing in the 4k+ region but i guess the game decided that someone in lower 2k should try their luck up there.

Infracted. -Hermanni
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2014-09-28 at 05:24 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post

I wish they would bake the damage part of Treants aghanims into the ability. Make his aghanims into the eyes+dmg boost/bigger radius?
    Treant is not going to have a aghs unless you're completely stomping the game. He is the poorest support in the game. Aghs is awesome at what it does though, despite the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldarin View Post
    Treant is not going to have a aghs unless you're completely stomping the game. He is the poorest support in the game. Aghs is awesome at what it does though, despite the price.
    have u been playing 6.82? lol every1 end up being 6 slotted

pl is literally retarded, his W is like 5? or 10 sec cd, it dispels almost everything.. also make up a illusion that is durable as he is.. seriously as batrider he's a pain in the ass. I couldo nly kill him once in the first 10 min, because he didnt realize his w dispel bat's Q rofl.
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2014-09-29 at 03:58 AM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    have u been playing 6.82? lol every1 end up being 6 slotted
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/927041539
    1 hour game, such 6 slotted
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/927041539
    1 hour game, such 6 slotted
    well, but compared to 6.81 when you had to farm aghs. now you get gold out of nowhere and you can get aghs as a support easily (plus ur blink/boots/force).

ps how did dire lose? rofl, that spectre build is so bad.
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2014-09-29 at 05:07 AM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    we outscaled them in items because they started throwing game like noobcakes.

And you don't get gold out of nowhere, you get gold for kills of outfarmed and outleveled enemies
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

we outscaled them in items because they started throwing game like noobcakes.

And you don't get gold out of nowhere, you get gold for kills of outfarmed and outleveled enemies
    I see, which hero are you btw?

http://store.steampowered.com/news/14529/
    RIP APEM DOTO :'(((( I'm too high atm to check how big the nerf is, but it looks big xD
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Clinkz needs too much gold to get started on backdooring. To beat backdoor prot after the buff he needs deso manta and at least 1 other core item at a minimum last I checked, and thats already 15k gold + boots + other early game its you probably bought like aquila or soul ring or medallion, it just takes too long.

Clinkz is an amazing late game pusher and if he gets 4 or 5 slots he can prevent teams from ever leaving their base again, but finding that gold is his problem.

Also, I've imagined Clinkz as female since RoC DotA, so, I'm all for calling it a she. Probably because he was the scourge counterpart to Drow and she is a she.
    Was Lycan backdooring much though? He was usually splitting or pushing with the team in deathblob strats wasn't he? Wouldn't Clinkz be able to produce comparable DPS to structures while providing significantly more DPS to heroes than Lycan?

How central was the threat of early/free Rosh to making Lycan the popular pick? Would the benefits provided by that and Howl outweigh the lower damage potential?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    I see, which hero are you btw?

http://store.steampowered.com/news/14529/
    RIP APEM DOTO :'(((( I'm too high atm to check how big the nerf is, but it looks big xD
    I was sniper in this game. Had, like, 5 deaths after Lina moved to top lane leaving me exposed to Nix, Spectre, Sun Strike and Mirana. It was so fucking annoying until i've got SB and asked my teammates to peel fucking Nix off me. Also, gem.

Looks like this nerf cuts more than in half amount of gold.

I've got values from ceiling, gief me proper numbers pls

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like about 500 less gold to the entire team for the 5 man gank/kill... not a huge difference. The bigger differences are in the solo or duo kill area, though... easily more than cut in half.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, favors these "greedy" comps of assassins much less now

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, favors these "greedy" comps of assassins much less now
    I'm always surprised when changes like this make it out of internal testing and into live. I find it hard to believe someone that's been heading development of the game for so long, and has an internal testing team, wouldn't stop and think "hmm, this seems a bit excessive..." Maybe I'm overestimating the size of the internal testing team, though.

Deathblob definitely needed to be discouraged, but the initial gold changes were a pretty fucking ham-fisted way of doing it. Hell, I think the changes to towers and the glyph reset alone would've been enough to cause deathblob to fall out of favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure that internal testing team is very limited in amount of people, so when it hit live much more people are able to think about strats and flaws of it giving it better statistic of a change and people on test team can finally balance it out

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Was Lycan backdooring much though? He was usually splitting or pushing with the team in deathblob strats wasn't he? Wouldn't Clinkz be able to produce comparable DPS to structures while providing significantly more DPS to heroes than Lycan?

How central was the threat of early/free Rosh to making Lycan the popular pick? Would the benefits provided by that and Howl outweigh the lower damage potential?
    you didnt really need to deathblob with lycan, but if u did howl was the reason. imo his best skill is howl by far, wolves (free wards) and his ulti were just annoying to deal with.

and no way clinkz come close to lycan because howl.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm always surprised when changes like this make it out of internal testing and into live. I find it hard to believe someone that's been heading development of the game for so long, and has an internal testing team, wouldn't stop and think "hmm, this seems a bit excessive..." Maybe I'm overestimating the size of the internal testing team, though.

back in wc3 icefraud always did this crazy stuff and made it live. and patched it hour after the community feedback.. but the diference is, competitive doto would still use the old map, till the new map was ready for it.. volvo should try to do the same.
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    you didnt really need to deathblob with lycan, but if u did howl was the reason. imo his best skill is howl by far, wolves (free wards) and his ulti were just annoying to deal with.

and no way clinkz come close to lycan because howl.
    Which is really weird that troll was never picked, because Battle Trance is even more ridiculous than Howl.

I just know that at some point people are going to really how completely fucking broken that skill is and troll will become a top pick again and people will point out how changing his castpoint from 0.50 to 0.48 was the reason he became viable again.

Which is really weird that troll was never picked, because Battle Trance is even more ridiculous than Howl.

I just know that at some point people are going to really how completely fucking broken that skill is and troll will become a top pick again and people will point out how changing his castpoint from 0.50 to 0.48 was the reason he became viable again.
    if troll had something else than bt to offer would be more viable.. but i dont think so, lycan is way better overall even after this nerf.. he's still strong because howl still there and wolves are annoying..
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    if troll had something else than bt to offer would be more viable.. but i dont think so, lycan is way better overall even after this nerf.. he's still strong because howl still there and wolves are annoying..
    You didn't have to pick one or the other, you could pick both. Troll can offlane effectively, or mid effectively, and Lycan+Troll is really honestly pretty unfair when it comes to pushing potential, with both Howl and Battle Trance working globally and on stupidly short cooldowns. Lycan and Troll can both easily solo Roshan pretty early in the game, too, though changes to Rosh pit access might make that riskier for Dire now.

I just don't get why Troll was so ignored. He isn't the best carry, but neither is Lycan, and the focus in deathblob was never killing heroes so much as killing rax, and both of them are fucking ridiculously good at improving their entire team's ability to do that from anywhere on the map.

Well that's the big difference. Clinkz might still be the undisputed destroyer of buildings (especially now that fire arrows isn't an orb) but Lycan can push a lane out so much faster. Until Clinkz gets the ability to break buildings through backdoor protection his pushing isn't much of a threat because you will see it coming far in advance. The thing about Lycan that pisses everyone off is that you can be pushing enemy mid t3 and he will push a lane all the way to your base in one or two creep waves max and now you have to TP base to defend because he can also down a rax in 15 seconds, not to mention you won't actually be able to kill him, just chase him off. He's essentially the same as any other split pusher, except he can do tons of damage to buildings without even using his hero.

Deleted
    Played Chaos Knight today, and turns out he is really good at the rat game with his new ulti.

Had safe lane farm, went midas -> Treads -> Armlet -> Manta and was able to push a tower down by sending illusions + ulti.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/931626921 Thats the items i had late game and i managed to kill bristleback, the t4 towers down while i was farming the jungle, made it so they could never push.

Deleted
    @PraisetheSun

This is why I once said Arteezy is better than DF when it comes to laning mechanics. His lane control and aggro control is just insane when he actually tries.
    http://www.twitch.tv/arteezy/b/573790388?t=1h51m20s

He solo killed DF at level 6 but he could have solo killed DF at lvl 3 if he didn't fuck up his lift. Not every day you see a Rubick beat a TA mid in terms of CS and killing her too.