10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    IMO because managing Death Pact is a major pain in the ass to begin with and HotD adds yet another cooldown I don't think it'll be much more than a nice novelty item, especially when the lifesteal and armor are a pretty major waste in the early-midgame which will diminish the value.
    Death Pact is a pain in the ass to manage because you have to go after creeps and then get back before it falls off. HotD ignores that because you can tell the creep to go wherever it'll be convenient for it to be. It essentially means HotD removes any downtime from DP while also significantly increasing the benefits you get from DP. It's not really unusual for Clinkz to get over 1000 HP from a big creep that's boosted by HotD and HotD's HP boost alone is worth +400 HP at lvl 16. It also turns into Satanic in the late game, which is going to leave Clinkz with a stupid amount of HP to work with, more than many STR heroes.

You could argue the lifesteal is weak in the early and mid game, but what else would you be building? 1800 gold for the amount of bonus stats it gives you is way too strong to pass up. You could get HotD later if you wanted, but why would you?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Just curious: Do you still get gold and/or experience from a HotD Creep?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    What do you mean? Controlling it or killing a controlled creep as the opposing team?

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    No (pretty sure anyway, granted I haven't actualled used the HotD ability in like two years), which is a big drawback from using it as opposed to just running to the jungle with your 500 movespeed in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    No (pretty sure anyway, granted I haven't actualled used the HotD ability in like two years), which is a big drawback from using it as opposed to just running to the jungle with your 500 movespeed in my opinion.
    The main purpose is just so you can have a creep nearby to munch on whenever you need it. But come to think of it, why not just use it on a melee creep while you're running down the lane? I mean, it's less total HP/dmg than a big creep from the jungle, but it's still the same +20-40 dmg and +250-400 HP over whatever the creep would normally provide. A melee creep with no HP bonuses (they get +10 HP every 7.5 mins) and HotD buff has 1050 HP, only 50 short of the biggest creeps you can eat with Death Pact. Not ideal, but it's a pretty useful thing to be able to do.

Also I'm almost completely certain you get no bounty from dominated creeps - it's a creep owned by the player (technically owned by that specific Helm of the Dominator... apparently you could build 6 HotD and dominate 6 different creeps at the same time if you wanted to), so I'd assume it would count as a deny.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    sny sniper
    are u impressed

yes fuck manta nub item

10+ Year Old Account
    yes fuck manta nub item
    Why would you get manta on sniper? Illusions don't get any of his passives and ranged illusions are much weaker than melee illusions.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Why would you get manta on sniper? Illusions don't get any of his passives and ranged illusions are much weaker than melee illusions.
    meanwhile in the mind of a abysmally low mmr player: "manta's only use is to give 2 illusions"

It's definitely not a slow and root dispel/disjoint for countless spells/.1 second immunity juke/free lane push. I see no reasons to give a hero like sniper this kind of survivability for just like 700 more gold.

Buy yasha and sit on an ult orb for the same price as sny IMO.

Deleted
    just buy phase boots mask of madness blink and rapiers on sniper

10+ Year Old Account
    It's definitely not a slow and root dispel
    Irrelevant.

/disjoint for countless spells/.1 second immunity juke/
    Not disjointing a stormbolt cast directly on top of you.

free lane push.
    What, like adding two ranged creeps to the wave? That's "lane push"? Shit guys, let's get manta on every hero since it gives them fantastic lane push.

I see no reasons to give a hero like sniper this kind of survivability for just like 700 more gold.
    Because it's garbage compared to the extra stats SnY gives, and because building survivability on Sniper is fucking retarded to begin with. He's a ranged hero with terrible base stats and absolutely no escape mechanism or mobility tool whatsoever, that's why he has 950 attack range and like half-the-map range on his spells. Buying survivability items on him is a waste of gold and item space, you build him as a glass cannon and kill them before they can kill you. The only "survivability" items you might want would be like skadi, satanic, BKB. SnY is fantastic because it gives a ridiculously effective spread of stats for very little gold, and the maim effect works incredibly well with Headshot.

Off topic, has anyone tinkered with new Shrapnel much? Seems like it'd be a much better farming tool than it used to be. Would it be possible to play Sniper as a farming hard carry instead of as an early/mid carry if you had teammates stacking camps for you?

Deleted
    Stack camps yourself as Sniper while in lane to x4, kills em asap.

Manta on heroes like Sniper lets you 1v1 melee carrys you otherwise wouldn't be able to.

SY Sniper = Lycan runs up, eats you for breakfast
    Manta Sniper = Lycan runs up, sees 3 Snipers, gets confused and is at 20% hp before he's even attacking the right one.

Irrelevant
    Yep. No relevance in wanting to dispel a naix slow while he's coming at you with his free bkb and nobody on your team can stop him.

Not disjointing a stormbolt cast directly on top of you.
    the .1 seconds of immunity lets you juke any slow nontarget cast spell in the game (cent stun / storm bolt / alch stun) if you have fast enough reactions. it's not easy to do every time, but it' does happen.

What, like adding two ranged creeps to the wave? That's "lane push"? Shit guys, let's get manta on every hero since it gives them fantastic lane push.
    playing against axe and tinker and you don't want to have safer lane push? you must play with terrible people and against terrible people. and going manta gives you way more damage lategame than sny depending on how much aoe the other team can blast you with.

I completely stopped reading the rest of your post at this point. you have no idea how the game works.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2015-01-14 at 04:05 PM.

SYY is a legit item on sniper, manta as well.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Manta on heroes like Sniper lets you 1v1 melee carrys you otherwise wouldn't be able to.

SY Sniper = Lycan runs up, eats you for breakfast
    Manta Sniper = Lycan runs up, sees 3 Snipers, gets confused and is at 20% hp before he's even attacking the right one.
    Or he picks the real Sniper and eats him and the two illusions sit there plinking him for 35 damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. No relevance in wanting to dispel a naix slow while he's coming at you with his free bkb and nobody on your team can stop him.
    Good thing carries buy BKB, huh? Oh, and SnY procs a 32% slow that pierces BKB. A good team would draft something that can be used through BKB if the enemy picked Naix or has the option to pick Naix, anyway. Or they'll just pick Tidehunter and faceroll with Anchor Smash.

the .1 seconds of immunity lets you juke any slow nontarget cast spell in the game (cent stun / storm bolt / alch stun) if you have fast enough reactions. it's not easy to do every time, but it' does happen.
    Maybe once a game if you're lucky. Or you could just BKB for the same effects and be completely immune for 5+ seconds.

playing against axe and tinker and you don't want to have safer lane push? you must play with terrible people and against terrible people. and going manta gives you way more damage lategame than sny depending on how much aoe the other team can blast you with.

I completely stopped reading the rest of your post at this point. you have no idea how the game works.
    Sure, and you can disassemble SnY and make Manta Style when the game reaches that point. Until it does reach that point, though, Manta Style is shit compared to SnY.

Or he picks the real Sniper and eats him and the two illusions sit there plinking him for 35 damage.
    How many people do you know that can instantly tell which is real? If you go phase MKB daedalus manta you won't have greater speed than your illusions so that method is right out.

Manta also helps you dodge abyssal blades when the game gets to that point, and more than once I have clicked right as someone split and used it on their illusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Playing just supports in solo ranked has got my rating up by 400 in the last 3 weeks.

Apparently that is the real secret.
    The trick I've found is heroes that are very straight forward and can lane very well. Ease of execution is king.
    I've been playing lich lately and its worked pretty well and I haven't dropped a game. You just win the laning phase and very few carrys know how to come back from that. In addition to this its not uncommon for me to be the only support, or if I am the only support I'm 9 times out of 10 the ward bitch, all of which Lich does well with.

I honestly feel it makes a world of difference. I'm currently 3.75k which I'm happy with as I've gone up 250 mmr in the space of only a few days with minimal effort. What really hit home about ease of execution was when I had a look at my younger brother's games with him and talked about his rating, which is 4.2k. He considers his rating down to dumb luck and will tell me that I'm better than him, at least mechanically and in other areas such as map awareness. But the fact is that he's been playing the same simple heroes for ages (Lich, Ogre, WK and Necro) and its worked.