I feel like if that report system existed, I'd get -50mmr every day just for disagreeing with anyone who happened to be queuing as grouped.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Give them MMR penalties. Get reported enough, lose MMR. That would piss off enough people already. Ban people from ranked entirely if you want, that would probably work. Who cares about people trolling unranked, it's people trolling ranked that's the real issue. Matchmaking is supposed to be the place for serious games. People will make new accounts, you say? Have fun grinding the literal 130 hours it takes to get to level 13 just to grief 10 games, get banned, and do it again.
    If anything, I find people are more likely to troll in unranked games, if only because their MMR is on the line in ranked too so they're at least trying to win, even if they're not playing that well. I can't imagine many queue ranked with the sole intention of ending up with less MMR than they started with. Temporary ranked bans are fine, but that'll just push the troublemakers into other queues and let them continue what they were doing in those games. At least LP gets them out of the way of the rest of the playerbase, it helps alieviate the problem even if it doesn't help solve it.

There are also players who, for whatever reason, don't play Ranked. Any kind of punishment has to work across all game modes really. Losing MMR isn't any kind of threat to those who play ARDM or AD and such, and with Custom Games coming soon, there really has to be a system thats going to deal with trolls there too.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I feel like if that report system existed, I'd get -50mmr every day just for disagreeing with anyone who happened to be queuing as grouped.
    And this is going to be a problem too. Theres already an MMR penalty for messing around in ranked, its called losing. It would be far too easy to abuse this kind of a system to totally destroy someones MMR. Not to mention that it would totally invalididate your MMR as a measure of your Dota skill, it would end up being a measure of your Dota skill and how much people in game like you. As nice as MMR penalties sound in theory, I can't seem them working at all as a practical means of punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Theres already an MMR penalty for messing around in ranked, its called losing.
    I wanna frame this quote and hang it above my monitor.

don't u play support? psure u'd be picked over our 10k mmr non supports player.

did any see the new music pack?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comme...isten_to_what/

its amazing, I might sell my lil qop immortal to buy it, not sure yet.

why we dont have a mmo champion chat in dota?
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2015-07-24 at 01:27 PM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

We did have MMO-chat in Dota. I think it died though.

As someone with like 26 deadmau5 songs on her playlist, I am surprised I am the only person on the internet who doesn't really care for the music pack that much.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    If anything, I find people are more likely to troll in unranked games, if only because their MMR is on the line in ranked too so they're at least trying to win, even if they're not playing that well. I can't imagine many queue ranked with the sole intention of ending up with less MMR than they started with. Temporary ranked bans are fine, but that'll just push the troublemakers into other queues and let them continue what they were doing in those games. At least LP gets them out of the way of the rest of the playerbase, it helps alieviate the problem even if it doesn't help solve it.
    That's fine, the answer to downers in unranked will always be to go play ranked. Or should always be. Right now, low priority is so meaningless that unranked and ranked are essentially the same exact thing. I understand the "people should care more" reasoning, but in my experience, it is just not there. People really do not care about their MMR, because it's just 1 game to them. This community has become so poisonous that people would rather screw their teammates over and throw away the MMR because "winning" the flame war is more important than winning the game.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-07-24 at 01:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    We did have MMO-chat in Dota. I think it died though.
    i think i still sit there
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    As someone with like 26 deadmau5 songs on her playlist, I am surprised I am the only person on the internet who doesn't really care for the music pack that much.

I didnt care at first because I thought it wouldn't fit, but after i saw that post. I'm surprised how good it is, i want it so bad now.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    i think i still sit there
    i tried to find it, it isn't there :/ lets make a new one mayb?
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

New music pack sounds like something deadmau5 has had sitting in the "Incomplete Demos" folder on his laptop and just decided to sell for a quick 50 thousand dollars.

Do I like it? Yes. But I can't bring myself to buy it for 7 dollars.

For past year there have been few 1-3 people on mmo-champion channel in dota... You guys need to wake up or seriously try to matchmake someday. Not like I dont mind...

I'd be shocked if we could fill a 10man with the people who frequent this board.

me, puffler, pizzashark, jester joe, lysah, longview, crackleslap, drunkenvalley, equal, ouch, strawberryZebra, everything nice, hermanni, charge me russia, robertcarlos, mirage and sorceria are like the only people I commonly see.

ariadne either killed himself when juice got knocked out of the ti qualifiers or maybe he has just secretly been EG.sumail this entire time and is 2 busy streaming/bootcamping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the new dota doesn't save channels, and playing on old poor stinky dota is not an option for me anymore, would love someone to create a channel tho
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I'd be shocked if we could fill a 10man with the people who frequent this board.

me, puffler, pizzashark, jester joe, lysah, longview, crackleslap, drunkenvalley, equal, ouch, strawberryZebra, everything nice, hermanni, charge me russia, robertcarlos, mirage and sorceria are like the only people I commonly see.
    set a day and hope for the best, I wonder which server we gonna play tho.. I can support with 300 ping kek
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow just won a game as a phoenix and had no fucking clue wtf am i doing. The only thing i knew for sure is that my panic button is V and that my FuckYouVoidAndYourCheatSphere is F. Was fun tho. But seriously, there is so much stuff to do with phoenix kit

Hah, I had similar, but I managed to carry.

Supporting is a lot more fun than carrying. It's just hard to trust pugs to carry because sometimes they can't handle the easy roll. When I queue with a group of friends I'd much rather support than be the farm-bot.

Supports are the biggest part of the game. Look at players like Puppey. His support is so big that he has to crouch for the ti5 player profile green screen so that he looks less big.

Also, there's always ARDM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Star linked me this, and I know you'll hate me for saying so but... Yes. I quite genuinely think this is fun. I love unexpected elements of the game that can cause those "DID THAT JUST HAPPEN? " moments.
    We've been over this before, Child of Chaos

It's more that, I think they're well aware that if they start punishing people with awful attitudes who grief and throw and flame etc. they'd lose roughly 75% of their playerbase.
    Sounds like acceptable losses to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Testament to my inability to pull through:

I played Skywrath mid. Went 10-0 before I died first time, got dagon and atos and stuff and tried to play ganker and gots tons of kills and our team probably had twice the kills their team had but... in the end it went like this:

And radiant won Doesnt matter if we have many kills, because if I'm the one on my team with gold there's 0% chance we'll ever win because I cant ever put it to good use
    Chickenmage can't really carry though. He always has a cooldown on his main source of damage.

Supporting is a lot more fun than carrying. It's just hard to trust pugs to carry because sometimes they can't handle the easy roll. When I queue with a group of friends I'd much rather support than be the farm-bot.

Supports are the biggest part of the game. Look at players like Puppey. His support is so big that he has to crouch for the ti5 player profile green screen so that he looks less big.

Also, there's always ARDM.
    Puppey isn't that tall is he? He's like, what, 6'4" or something?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Puppey isn't that tall is he? He's like, what, 6'4" or something?
    Probably it somehow connected with photographer not wanting to adjust camera level or greenscreen being too small.

on "if volvo will ban harassers there will be no one left to play" - that's bullshit, if anything, there will be more people playing dota, because there will be no one to harass them for making mistakes (and at least on my level of play every single player makes A LOT of mistakes, and telling someone about it is hypocritical as shit).

While on my holiday i was playing when most Russians are at school/work - my winrate shoot up from 45% to 51%, i had the best teammates i could ever wish in almost all games (mostly because my standards are quite low). But even at this time there is some young adults who skip university/work to play dota and rage in voice chat at everyone for minor shit like giving away first blood or runes or warding or picks because of other people spending their precious time.

If there will be a system that removes players who go babyrage over minor stuff or rage in voice chat - i'll gladly support it, because people who yell outloud at their teammates are worst piece of garbage for your team. You can say anything you want behind screen, but don't touch this voice chat button
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-07-24 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I read every day, but consider myself too terrible at the game to post here consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    I read every day, but consider myself too terrible at the game to post here consistently.
    Doesn't stop me.