A 7850 is probably cheaper than a 660.

15+ Year Old Account
    Same price. Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    A 7850 is probably cheaper than a 660.
    While this is generally true, I have no idea where Ghâzh is ordering from.
    That said, I'd suggest a 2500k over the 3570k if the former is cheaper. You won't really notice one way or another, and if need be you can overclock to match.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm ordering locally. Which means the price differences are going bonkers all over the place, generally. What is true in the States is just the opposite in Finland.

And don't have the budget for aftermarket cooler. -.- Which I think supports IB as it should be faster at the lower clocks?

Yeah, sure, but you can still add a few MHz. (Ala +200MHz is probably fine, and evens out the playing field.)
    Additionally, I just don't think the few extra % are worth it if you have a tight budget anyway...
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-09-30 at 06:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can add a few MHz to both of them. It's not until extreme overclocks when IB really hits the temperature wall. It doesn't matter either way I think even if it sounds like and easy save (10€ difference). I think I'll still choose IB though for the theoretically newer tech, lower power consumption and marginally better performance.

All in all it looks pretty awesome I suppose. I'm still slightly concerned about picking Caviar blue instead of black as a system drive, brought up by Butler.. Maybe I'll just roll with this unless someone has last minute case suggestions I could take a look at. :-)
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2012-09-30 at 08:33 PM.

Deleted
    I used to run a blue as a system drive. It works. A black would be marginally better; like swapping from a SATA2 SSD to a SATA3.

15+ Year Old Account
    Started thinking actually.. If I should save 10€ by using 2500k like Drunken said, buy hd 7850 crap edition which would be 25€ cheaper. I could almost squeeze in half decent cooler and overclock the crap out of that 2500k. But then again I doubt the CPU is going to be the "bottleneck" anyway.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone recommend a monitor stand that supports up to three 24 inch screens without being insanely expensive? I don't want a wall mount since I really have no place to properly mount it in my room.

15+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with letting them sit on the desk on their own stands? :-P

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I've been seeing a bunch of 0x124 errors on my computer. I'm sort of worried...
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I've been seeing a bunch of 0x124 errors on my computer. I'm sort of worried...
    Usually that means you need more vcore (assuming Sandy/Ivy Bridge, unsure of other platforms)

15+ Year Old Account
    It's been stable for a year though. :|

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    What's wrong with letting them sit on the desk on their own stands? :-P
    Because my desk doesn't have over 80 inches of table space to support the 3 monitors together, plus one is slightly lower in height then the other two.

Oh. Right. Anyone here know some good software to test for graphical glitches? WoW is behaving a bit weird for me. A few randomly chosen models will either disappear outright or flicker in an out of existence depending on camera angle...

Something to force artifacts?
    If your gpu doesn't throttle itself in furmark (through divers), it's really good for spotting them.

Consider trying older drivers as well to see if it persists

10+ Year Old Account
    Stuff like Kombustor is probably the best to notice the smallest of artifacts, it uses the same "overkill" method of testing as Furmark but gives you a consistent color/smooth texture to easily spot artifacts.

WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

I'm somewhat inclined to believe it's either a quirk in the driver or DirectX. I can't be arsed to go cycling through the driver versions presently though...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I'm somewhat inclined to believe it's either a quirk in the driver or DirectX. I can't be arsed to go cycling through the driver versions presently though...
    You can rebuild your computer(s) five times a day but you can't be arsed to reinstall old drivers? ^^

Anyway, could be an issue with WoW actually. Depends on the artifacts I guess, but I've had some weird texture issues almost every major launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can rebuild your computer(s) five times a day but you can't be arsed to reinstall old drivers? ^^
    Burrrrrrrrrn