10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    *sigh* chaos computers robbed me of $12 bought a fan from them today and now its noisy >.>
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    4096 bit, actually!
    Gimme.

/10c

- - - Updated - - -

Please God, someone else, please PLEASE reply to this thread... :-/

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post32780317
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no clues on audio! Sorry!

10+ Year Old Account
    Alas, one can be a beast at only so many topics. :P
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of computers, I only care about a few stuff and only know a tiny bit of others. . Don't really care to learn about everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, I fiddled with the Calman color checker as it became free some time last year. Found the saturation checker and well, this'd be why it looks weird as fuck after calibration for sRGB for my secondary. So much oversaturation without any possibility to change it. =\
    I outlined the color space the monitor has in white.
    sRGB and Adobe RGB respectively. Was not expecting AdobeRGB comparison...

Last edited by Remilia; 2015-03-17 at 09:24 AM.

Ordered a Corsair H110, got a piece of candy with it. 10/10 would order again

From Inet, then?

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    From Inet, then?
    Correct
    That piece of candy makes it even better when opening your package, wish more did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    Correct
    That piece of candy makes it even better when opening your package, wish more did it.
    pingvin
    candy

pick one

15+ Year Old Account
    Off-topic: Guys I will be playing in a amateur tournament today for Heroes of the Storm. Never done anything like this before, so it should be fun. Ill be playing for CV Invalid if you guys want to watch, it will be around 4:30pm pst. Maybe my team will just suck it and lose on the first round, but hopefully it will be fun.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    When you're spending that kind of money on stationery it'd be infuriating to have one of your pens/ink-bottles left out. Computer parts are in the same category IMO.
    As someone working effectively as an administrator for an e-tailer I can say that there isn't time. Pressure is to send 60-80 orders out the same day so that the delivery can happen the next day or the day after. Shipping costs are up, management costs are up, parcel and tape costs. Simply hiring someone to sketch on every invoice isn't feasible. I'd rather put those resources towards better support,with DOAs, returns and warranties. Not to mention the information and pictures on the site itself.

The business of running an e-tailer is harsh beyond what most people understand. Your customers can change stores in seconds. There is little to no human interaction. The price is becoming the most important aspect. The selling part is down to a few lines of text and a picture or two. Your status and review-scores on various sites is extremely important, and thus a lot of focus is on support when it comes to (as I mentioned above) DOAs, returns and warranties. Negative reviews are what gets most people, and in most cases these reviews are from customers who got bad service.

Deleted
    I totally respect you for having those values, but the thing is that few does. Most customers are a lot more volatile, especially when the products sold are exactly the same. The competition will too try to offer the best support, and will too try to offer the best price. It's super important that you do as well. Most customers are not enthusiasts, and buy so seldom they never develop brand loyalty. (This is why emails with offers reminding customers that you exist and what you have to offer is so important for sales today.)

And for the business that I manage 60-80 orders is a one person job to collect and pack. We start at 9:00 and everything needs to be done by 14:00, because that's when they come to collect for the 1-2 day deliveries. Hiring another person is not really an option because of A: cost but also B: reliability. We have a person doing this who have done it for nearly two years, and he is very thorough and has a solid system where he checks every order twice. The only exception is Mondays during hectic seasons where the orders range in the 150-200 due to sales during the weekend.

We can't really start earlier either, because the same person is also hired to answer emails after 14:00 and take care of any (what we basically call) long term support errands, collect any parcels that aren't delivered directly to us (needs to be acquired at the local postal office) or collect spare parts for customers that need/have requested them. There is a reason why we in business always say that it's about twice as expensive to acquire new customers, but to expand and make profit you have to.

There are too many websites (at least here in Sweden) that compare prices where customers can write reviews. Many don't see margins, so $129 compared to $139 is the same as $389 compared to $399 ($10 difference). And if you list your item as $388 or $387, all you do is fuel the price war on that specific product and a bigger chain will do a price dump and undercut you like hell. We have several stores here that will sell items at purchase price + tax, for example, just to undercut the competition and earn customers. I should say that I sell products that have a longer shelf life than computer parts (the latter has a shelf life of about 6-8 months, what I sell is in the range of 12-48 months).

Brand loyalty is something to strive for, but acquiring it is extremely hard. You need to nail so many factors, and counter in that all customers value different things (intentionally or not). Some might find it important that you have a big presence in social media, with regular posts showing your interest in your customers and what they do and think. Others are like you and prefer a personal touch/interaction. Others care only for fast service, expecting the order to be at their door within 24-48 hours. And again, for customers that buy more seldom none of this is of much importance because they simply don't care.

For all those customers it is more important that you portray a trustworthy store with quick and reliable delivery and payment, with hassle-free support and contact and excellent prices. What happens after they click "Confirm Order" is less important, as long as the parcel is delivered quickly and without hick-ups.

You could meet half-way and have the person that manages the parcels sign his name on each invoice, something like "This parcel was collected and packed by John. Have a nice day!". We do this during holiday seasons (especially in December) where we write out "Happy Holidays from all of us here at Company!" manually on the parcels with a gold pen. We usually have 1-2 extras during those hectic days though. The cost of having someone draw on every invoice though... I still think that money is better spent on marketing or improving the website further.

So I got another monitor. Yay 5760x1080

||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    I'm having a really hard time keeping up with the drinking requirements of this job. Drinks get passed around at 3:00, we're being encouraged to drink more beer because the fridge doesn't have enough room for people's lunches any more. The coffee machine doesn't add milk any more, it's irish cream. There are evening events 2 or 3 times a week with open bars…
    What the hell O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Why isn't this in the Post Yo' Gamin' Setup thread Mr. Evil Outside?
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2015-03-21 at 06:51 AM.
    "A flower.

Looks very nice Evil.
    Like Deltrus said, show it off in the Post your gaming setup!.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Why isn't this in the Post Yo' Gamin' Setup thread Mr. Evil Outside?
    Cause I was sleeping :P
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Cause I was sleeping :P
    Well I guess there is rest for the wicked?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Well I guess there is rest for the wicked?
    If you notice the time of posting, it was during the day.

DUN DUN DUN

HELLO GUYS@

Quick question, thanks!

Can I install Coolermaster Hyper TX3 on Asus z97 -A ? I find that the socket specifications confuses me. Im going to use a nzxt h440 case. I havent decided 100% on CPU, cause I don't think I would OC so 4690k is a waste, and then I could save a little and just get say 4590 or 4460.

Can anyone help me out here ? Also is the TX3 cooler fine for just normal gaming, and maybe no OC ? I'm mostly worried about noise levels, and temps shouldent be more than 75 under load or so.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO