4.2 GHz @ 1.29-1.304v so far. This is looking quite alright. I haven't changed the voltage myself mind... I've set everything that I can to manual and tried to keep it as close to BIOS. But it started at 1.27v by itself and crept up a little every few additions to the multiplier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I was being sarcastic about it not being a difference
    Now i feel silly.

Though, ultimately it's a theoretical improvement. And it's up to the person in question, and his perhipherals, to determine if he notices a difference. I have very good hearing, but someone else might not pick up on the extra detail in his music. So it is understandable how some people might argue there is no difference.

I think you still have to be somewhat of an audiophile to appreciate the higher fidelity.

- - - Updated - - -

So I didn't want to sandwich the card between a graphics card and a power supply (no shielding) so i swapped the graphics card to slot3. It's now running 8x 3.0. I doubt this will hurt me (performancewise) in any significant degree right?

Also, stockfan. It hurts the eyes! (works suprisingly quiet though D: )
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-11-20 at 11:09 AM.

No. PCI-E 3.0 8x is still equivalent to 16x 2.0.. I haven't checked up on it much lately, but I doubt it would even saturate 2.0 8x.

Personally I have the DX sandwiched between the NH-D14 and the GPU without space between (1x top slot, 16x second)
    I should probably shove a piece of plastic between the sound cards PCB and the heatsink, since I think they are touching. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but I reckon a PWM fan and a graphics card will have less EMI compared to a Power Supply.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally have them back <3

On a similar note, if I ask for a pair of Beyerdynamics DT-990 Pro (or equivalent, open for suggestions) for christmas, will my Xonar DGX be able to drive them?

There are a few different 990-branded products, but I found that the DGX is rated up to 150 ohms in impedance.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gogaminggiant.com/2013/03...o-card-review/
    Says:

Headphone Impedance – Optimized for 32-150 Ohm

"Optimized" doesn't exclude? But DT-990 Pro is 250 right?
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-11-20 at 02:32 PM.

Yeah, that's what confuses me. Does "optimized" mean "anything above 150 Ohm will not work" or "it should work, but not as well as they would with a different sound card"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, with the A5's, a flat EQ is actually the better sound. Since they're pretty uncolored/neutral to start with.

@Butler, but it IS almost double the intended impedance rating. I'd say it's not going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Yeah, that's what confuses me. Does "optimized" mean "anything above 150 Ohm will not work" or "it should work, but not as well as they would with a different sound card"?
    It means that it will still work but volume will suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Also, with the A5's, a flat EQ is actually the better sound. Since they're pretty uncolored/neutral to start with.
    I am noticing the same with my speakers, but my Sennheisers greatly appreciates a V or M-signature in the EQ and really spring to life that way, becoming less reference and more.. exciting.
    &nbsp;

Deleted
    Just a general question about hard drives:

Looking at getting a new SATA internal HDD for christmas in the €100 range. Its actually a present from mom but she just asks me what I want

Seen a lot of good deals online but Im just wary of buying something that it going to die on me in 6 months because Im going to be primarily using this drive to store all my tv shows/movies

So are there any particular brands of HDD people would recommend or stay away from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maxtor...ohwait

Also, this seems like a question for:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/3...d-Upgrade-Help

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    So are there any particular brands of HDD people would recommend or stay away from?
    There aren't very many to begin with. Go with Western Digital or Seagate and you'll be golden, both have roughly the same failure rates (i.e. very low) and solid warranties.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

IBM deskstar is a fantastic series of HDDs to watch the heck out for. And steer clear.
    &nbsp;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Maxtor...ohwait

Also, this seems like a question for:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/3...d-Upgrade-Help
    Ah only need a fast quick answer so didnt think it needed an entire thread

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    There aren't very many to begin with. Go with Western Digital or Seagate and you'll be golden, both have roughly the same failure rates (i.e. very low) and solid warranties.
    Thank you
    I've heard from a friend of a friend (ikr ) to avoid seagate but was unsure.

IBM deskstar is a fantastic series of HDDs to watch the heck out for. And steer clear.
    Hehe thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the jump to r9-290 - even if you do manage to sell your 7970 - is worth it for the money difference in the options, really.
    I'd grab another 7970 and sit out a generation or two. You'd still have Mantle!
    Now that I think about it I will just keep my 7970 right now, cross fire would not work for me as I like to play games in windowed mode. Though I still do have a 2500k so I think that and a motherboard will be next on my list instead.

And for the audiophile stuff, it just depends on a lot of factors. Depend son how well your ears are, what are you using to listen to music/etc, and maybe the most important what is your source? Just changing from a 320 mp3 to flac format might do better than changing a to a sound card.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    And for the audiophile stuff, it just depends on a lot of factors. Depend son how well your ears are, what are you using to listen to music/etc, and maybe the most important what is your source? Just changing from a 320 mp3 to flac format might do better than changing a to a sound card.
    The music i listen to the most is .flac

- - - Updated - - -

Also,

It gives me more rich basssounds (rockmusic/jazz/soul) without having to mess with the EQ or crossover and thereby losing the neutrality. It also shaves off the rough edges around the highrange. Like cracking or pitching at vocals. Such clear audio now, all i'm doing right now is listening to music xD
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-11-21 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh damn, that is seriously bad.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5YJsMaT_AE

Which property of the sound reproduction does a high level of resistance in headphones influence?