The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    P7s... forgive me for not knowing but who makes those?

And the point of the amp at least in what I meant, was having the wattage to actually make a difference. Frankly though I think the Schiit Modi DAC is probably about equal with the Xonar DX, seeing how it only does 24/96, as opposed to the DX's capabilities of doing 24/192.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you select the headphones first, and worry about the DAC second? Now you are choosing the headphones on the fact it has to have a certain amount of wattage/impedance, with maybe disregarding sound quality a bit. I'd still opt for listening for sound quality, and not stare yourself blind on numbers. A proper DAC with nice filters and opamps will probably still be better than a soundcard like the DX, even if at lower bitrate/frequency. It's all about the soundstage and/or open-ness you're after. I chose the D1 because it was a little phat/"oomphy" (and thereby i mean "a little") on the bass and not so overly precise. I wanted a easy-listening experience, not a sharp/overly precise sound. Mainly because the music i listen to doesn't really require that much precision. That is not to say the D1 lacks precision.

I was also a little skeptical when the audioshop guy told me they were 22ohm. I was like "this can never sound good". Wrong..
    And it's the Bowers & Wilkins P7's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you didn't know...

I got the Schiit Modi DAC and Asgard 2 AMP.

I'm trying to make sure that whatever headphones I get, are comfortable, sound great, and worth the money. I could afford to buy the Hifimans right now, but I am holding off. I could also go for the Beyerdynamic DT990s... it really just comes down to when I feel comfortable dropping on them.

Ah yeah, the B&W, now I remember seeing the pictures you posted. :3 Very nice, however I just don't want to do leather headphones again. >_< Personal preference, for sure. I am pretty happy though right now with how my Audio Technica ATH-AD700s sound, so they'll do for now. :P
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a difference between real leather and skai (fake) leather. Just keep that in mind..

- - - Updated - - -

Also, why did you buy an AMP if the DAC supported your current headphones +)
    Modi is rated at 75ohm, yours is 32ohm. Oh well.

You know what is cool?
    That moment when you realise how many full computers you could build through old, replaced parts alone. :l
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    ...so like, 2 computers for me :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    There is a difference between real leather and skai (fake) leather. Just keep that in mind..

- - - Updated - - -

Also, why did you buy an AMP if the DAC supported your current headphones +)
    Modi is rated at 75ohm, yours is 32ohm. Oh well.
    Uh...

I bought the DAC and AMP to replace my ASUS Xonar DX. Modi may have an output impedance of 75 Ohm, but is not meant for headphones, it has 2 RCA outputs to go towards the actual headphone AMP, whether you go Magni, Asgard 2, Valhalla, etc etc. I got this to see the difference (there is some) and also to be prepared to most likely support a headphone upgrade. I am pretty sure I said this where you were recently posting, too, in the Post Your Gaming Setup, but I might not have.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Ok so build my new rig, got o/s etc on and ready for overclocking. Two things, asus ai suite doesnt work with corsair h100i. No conflicts between them but asus suite wont see fans/temps from the pump. Another thing, is it me or the fans of the h100i are awefull? at performance mode my pc sounds like a jumbo jet lifting off next to you, even at quiet mode its audible. Any recommendations how to set the corsair link software? I guess i have to get some other static pressure fans for the radiator? (noctua?)
    Have always been on air till now, 1st time on water...

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought I'd heard that the H100i fixed that problem with the H100, so they didn't? People typically buy after-market fans for this reason. =|
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Yes i've seen, but wasn't expecting that much noise, i mean those are aftermarket. Disapointed abit from corsair, paying 100+ euro for the h100i and need to spend another 40-50 to get better fans

- - - Updated - - -

btw seems i got a crap chip, 1.25 and couldnt boot 4.6 , is there a policy to turn back bad occ chip?

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Yes i've seen, but wasn't expecting that much noise, i mean those are aftermarket. Disapointed abit from corsair, paying 100+ euro for the h100i and need to spend another 40-50 to get better fans

- - - Updated - - -

btw seems i got a crap chip, 1.25 and couldnt boot 4.6 , is there a policy to turn back bad occ chip?
    No, so long as the chip performs properly at stock clocks you can't return it outside of the standard statutory "right to return products" window (usually 2-4 weeks IIRC).

15+ Year Old Account
    So...Who broke their explorerframe? This guy! Though it is kind of peaceful.

Edit: Yeah, changing my dpi messes up my custom ui. Is their any other way to make windows font bigger or other themes for bigger fonts?

Edit2: I found out how to increase windows font, it is with the themes.

I also bought a pair of Soundmagic e30, I have heard some good reviews about them, my last pair of headphones died on me. I also bought some tips with them, I payed only 4 dollars on shipping for the iems but they wanted to charge me 4$ more to get one day shipping for the tips. Funnily enough, amazon has them as different orders but they both have the same tracking number, so I did only pay 4$ for one day shipping for both of the items....
    Last edited by apepi; 2014-04-25 at 04:10 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    People who don't have Cerberus yet can get a free lifetime license for their third anniversary
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.cerberus

10+ Year Old Account
    @Kostattoo, a shame you never made a thread about that system. I could've told you a H100i would've been completely wasted on a haswell i5. It does not generate allot of heat.
    Also, just put the fans on 25%. They won't make any difference by ramping up. The temperature will rise on that haswell, regardless of fanspeed. Pump makes a big difference though.

On another note, what do you guys think of steam lately. With all the shit that gets put up there these days.
    I mean, Year 2066? :/
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2014-04-26 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    @Kostattoo, a shame you never made a thread about that system. I could've told you a H100i would've been completely wasted on a haswell i5. It does not generate allot of heat.
    Also, just put the fans on 25%. They won't make any difference by ramping up. The temperature will rise on that haswell, regardless of fanspeed. Pump makes a big difference though.

On another note, what do you guys think of steam lately. With all the shit that gets put up there these days.
    I mean, Year 2066? :/
    I just don't buy the shit that gets put up there. Only thing you really can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I just don't buy the shit that gets put up there. Only thing you really can do.
    But with criticism being removed or dubbed "trolls" (http://steamcommunity.com/app/290750/discussions/1/), and youtubers getting copyright strikes for criticism on the game (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfgoDDh4kE0).. How will people know what is shit and what isn't. They obviously lie about the game in the storepage, lie about release dates/features etc.

I don't think it's right to use caveat emptor as an excuse for people buying into shitty games. I think some form of quality control needs to be active. Look at GoG .. they have quality control to an extend that game game is representative of the storepage and is functional.

I think at some point we have to vote with our wallet and just stop buying there (like a boycot).
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2014-04-26 at 02:34 PM.

Deleted
    Was away for a couple days and didn't get to do much with overclocking but run into some weird crap (explaining below)

@Majesticii, i was till this build on sandy, different beast than this, all i was reading was that haswell runs "hot" thus for the first time i ditched air for a decent water cooling". Lound crap, but keeps it cool at quiet mode. Have set it up to go up after 70 degrees.

Now to overclocking, spended a couple hours not much. First off, this was my first time with uefi, was used to the old menu. With asus board, and all that extra, i was kinda lost besides the usual old stuff. So i need some help with it and a couple questions.
    -As i mentioned 1.25 @ 4.6 didn't boot but 1.27 did. Also 1.3 at 4.7 booted also in windows. Didn't try for more after than as i am not looking for benchmarks, something decent to work 24/7.
    -Now the weird stuff. Between 4.4-4.7 no matter what voltage i set , when i run Aida64 after 3sec system freezes. No usual bsod's when you need more voltage just freeze. So say at 4.4 even i set 1.3 it would still freeze.
    -Temperratures are out of question. The fans stay on lowest all the time cause aint needed. In comparison at 4.2 and aida64 max i had was like 63 degress with fans at lowest speed.
    -I have a suspicion that i may not have enough psu power? 480w on 12v rail should be enough right? i googled and saw some graphs but you cant really know with the lottery. Chip seems decent, as i dont get high temps but i get system freeze. If i undervolt it or not enough i will get bsod with the first 2sec before a freeze. (my system have posted at the forums )

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Was away for a couple days and didn't get to do much with overclocking but run into some weird crap (explaining below)

@Majesticii, i was till this build on sandy, different beast than this, all i was reading was that haswell runs "hot" thus for the first time i ditched air for a decent water cooling". Lound crap, but keeps it cool at quiet mode. Have set it up to go up after 70 degrees.

Now to overclocking, spended a couple hours not much. First off, this was my first time with uefi, was used to the old menu. With asus board, and all that extra, i was kinda lost besides the usual old stuff. So i need some help with it and a couple questions.
    -As i mentioned 1.25 @ 4.6 didn't boot but 1.27 did. Also 1.3 at 4.7 booted also in windows. Didn't try for more after than as i am not looking for benchmarks, something decent to work 24/7.
    -Now the weird stuff. Between 4.4-4.7 no matter what voltage i set , when i run Aida64 after 3sec system freezes. No usual bsod's when you need more voltage just freeze. So say at 4.4 even i set 1.3 it would still freeze.
    -Temperratures are out of question. The fans stay on lowest all the time cause aint needed. In comparison at 4.2 and aida64 max i had was like 63 degress with fans at lowest speed.
    -I have a suspicion that i may not have enough psu power? 480w on 12v rail should be enough right? i googled and saw some graphs but you cant really know with the lottery. Chip seems decent, as i dont get high temps but i get system freeze. If i undervolt it or not enough i will get bsod with the first 2sec before a freeze. (my system have posted at the forums )
    Water cooling is loud? I thought it is supposed to be quieter than air?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    H100i's stock fans are crap, thus being loud. At quiet mode they are audible, at balanced mode they are loud (far more than CMevo at full speed) and at performance mode the case becomes a jet ready for lift off.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Water cooling is loud? I thought it is supposed to be quieter than air?
    Loud fans are loud. Stick some Noctuas on an H100i and turn the pump down, it'll be almost silent.